Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mrs S is on her way home and has to pass the Bakery. So coffee is brewing and it will taste well with a big apple and cream donut.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just had a gorgeous roll with salad and beetroot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Barry's and yellow snack shortcake bars. Made me even more sleepy. Mmmmm chocolate in tummy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

chicken noodle stew, home made.. Well the dog got the actual chicken as she is not well and loved it. Plenty for the next two days too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Home made veggie soup and soda bead. Lovely and peppery!!

Hula hoops and curly wurly to follow

• Advertisement

Baked potato with butter and cheese and a side of broccoli.

Giant Buttons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Chicken pilaf and Sauvignon Blanc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

toast hawaii.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I'm drinking gin. What I will be eating in a few hours will be created by the gods and will hit the spot with an immediate need to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

can of Becks along with potato cakes toastie, inside a cheese and spinach combo and a dab of chef brown sauce

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had lunch out today and had a korean seoul burger, my god it was divine! nicest burger I've had in ages! hungry now again, I think a spicy chicken samich and a cupan tae are in order :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Just had a packet of snax ...........I know they are not as good as they were years ago but they were sitting on the work top looking a little bit out of place, so I thought they would be happier in my tummy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

MrW made a spinach curry. Lovely and spicy! A glass of lemony water. We're both feeling a bit under the weather so no alcohol this weekend and plain water is just horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Whispered wrote: »
    MrW made a spinach curry. Lovely and spicy! A glass of lemony water. We're both feeling a bit under the weather so no alcohol this weekend and plain water is just horrible!

I'll have the alcohol on your behalf so. Fasted like feck all day in work, so I could enjoy a late night beer and a late night meal for one. Singapore noodles with chicken. Hot and delish. Thank you. Grandeeod has left the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

slice of cold pizza

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deja Boo wrote: »
    slice of cold pizza

Ooh yum.

Just had mash and sausages.. Been very lazy lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ooh yum.

Just had mash and sausages.. Been very lazy lately..
    mash and sausages <-- pure delish

lol, me too.... (I can't cook like Chef Grandeeod) :o Baked a good thick crust frozen pizza this morning and ate it for brek, lunch, dins and snacktime....... Had tons to do, needed something readymade. Hit the spot so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Breakfast pizza is one of the best foods ever..

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭twignme

A brunch of coconut and mango French toast with lime sauce and coconut chips, a big french press of Laos grown coffee roasted on the premises, sitting in a cafe overlooking the Mekong in Luang Prabang.
    Kop chai lai lai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Fish cakes , soft fried eggs and a strong cup of coffee

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Avocado on toast with black grounded pepper and a cupan tae, mmmmmm delicious!

Disappointing dinner today. We went to a place we used to go toregularly, the last time was a year or so ago. Always got a good dinner for about 10E each and a free baby bowl. It made up for the dire surroundings, smell of stale alcohol, rakes of kids running riot and slow service. You sort of went expecting to be waiting and not expecting much by way of comfort, but friendly people and a good feed.

Walked in today and no change, still a "canteen layout" of long tables you share with other families, as usual, we waited for a booth to open up (sharing a table with people I don't know is a step too far, even for cheap food :pac:), still the smell of stale beer you'd expect from an old pub, still slow service. Only difference was the quality and price of the food. Carvery 12.50 was reasonable enough, although nothing out of the ordinary for the area, but another 12.50 for a really basic salad which consisted of a half of a tomato, ONE slice of pepper, iceberg lettuce, grated cheese and a dollop of medicore coleslaw and a small handful of cold dry chips :confused: then 4E for the baby bowl which was one scoop of mash and 4 carrot batons. I was not a happy bunny.

Then to make matters worse, the frckin boy wouldn't eat his mash and veg so ended up with my chips, so yeah, I had a crappy salad with mash :(

Gonna make a lovely sambo now to console myself and drink loads of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Disappointing dinner today. We went to a place we used to go toregularly, the last time was a year or so ago. Always got a good dinner for about 10E each and a free baby bowl. It made up for the dire surroundings, smell of stale alcohol, rakes of kids running riot and slow service. You sort of went expecting to be waiting and not expecting much by way of comfort, but friendly people and a good feed.

Walked in today and no change, still a "canteen layout" of long tables you share with other families, as usual, we waited for a booth to open up (sharing a table with people I don't know is a step too far, even for cheap food :pac:), still the smell of stale beer you'd expect from an old pub, still slow service. Only difference was the quality and price of the food. Carvery 12.50 was reasonable enough, although nothing out of the ordinary for the area, but another 12.50 for a really basic salad which consisted of a half of a tomato, ONE slice of pepper, iceberg lettuce, grated cheese and a dollop of medicore coleslaw and a small handful of cold dry chips :confused: then 4E for the baby bowl which was one scoop of mash and 4 carrot batons. I was not a happy bunny.

Then to make matters worse, the frckin boy wouldn't eat his mash and veg so ended up with my chips, so yeah, I had a crappy salad with mash :(

Disaster, there's a place we go to similar to what you're describing but touch wood we haven't had a bad meal in it yet despite the general surroundings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Fillet of pork with a variety of our garden vegetables. Glass of wine with dinner and the bottle needs finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Late start today. A bit of shopping and then a nice late lunch with the girls in a sunny conservatory attached to the restaurant. I had a few pints afterwards. Home now. Gonna have a bit of grub later as I have some beef strips marinading and absolutely starving again. I prepped some Asian food this week as I knew I'd need it. I am indeed supping on a few bottles of Rockshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Microwave popcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

So disappointing when you pay to go out for lunch and it's that poor. I've given up on Sunday carvery, so often feels like a plate of slops.

We usually get a takeaway over the weekend and decided to go to this place instead. Ah well lesson learned.

I just had a lovely egg salad sambo with some proper strong cheddar. Now having a salted caramel trifle type thing and a cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Avocado on toast with black grounded pepper and a cupan tae, mmmmmm delicious!

Do you wear skinny jeans and brown shoes?

• Advertisement

Cornflakios

Advertisement