Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

first attempt at a microwave scone and it was grand with good Irish butter and strawberry jam.. one minute to mix and two to cook

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Graces7 wrote: »
    first attempt at a microwave scone and it was grand with good Irish butter and strawberry jam.. one minute to mix and two to cook

Really?

I never knew there was such a thing.

Wholemeal scones all the way for me though.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Really?

I never knew there was such a thing.

Wholemeal scones all the way for me though.

You can make them wholemeal ! I "discovered" microwave baking in sheer frustration at not being able for baking the usual way..

I got fussed by all the micro scone recipes so just did my own thing; flour, baking soda, butter , milk and into the microwave it went 2 mins then leave a few more mins.. Just had the second one and just as good... Just needed a scone!

speaking of food, has anyone tried any wild foods? I am now eating chickweed which is in abundance in my garden and when I googled it, it is a "superfood" .. salad or in soup..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Snacking all day between coffee and goodies with friends this morning and coffee with fresh baked fruit scones at home this afternoon. So, a few sausages, bacon, & eggs for dinner, with veg and spuds straight from the garden.

I have some ice cream and chocolate lined up for tonight.

• Advertisement

Monster Salad

IMG-20190726-172953.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Love a good lasagne. Homemade is the way to go but I'm too lazy. Have never had a good lasagne out.

The worst slop of a lasagne I had was in Rossini. So called Italian restaurant.

Awful place. Highly overated.

Taking some Brie out of the fridge to bring to room temperature.. mmmmmm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mint choc chip ice cream on top of a busted up meringue shell. A taste sensation! All it needed was some strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Love a good lasagne. Homemade is the way to go but I'm too lazy. Have never had a good lasagne out.

The worst slop of a lasagne I had was in Rossini. So called Italian restaurant.

It's been a very long time since I had a decent lasagne while eating out. It's often pre-made in a stupid little bowl and literally burnt into the side of it like a thick crust. Funny enough it's one dish I've never tried at home. Must put it on my list.

I'm lucky that a Supervalu near me does a "Homemade" lasagne on site and stocks it in the fridge section. Reheats perfectly and can be slid onto the plate without looking like a squidgy mess. Its meaty and stands firm on the plate.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

California chili

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Gougons of cod with chips from Quinlans plus peas and curry courtesy of Lidl. A mammoth feed.

There was a fiver off 20 coupon in a local free magazine and then went in to discover they had dropped their prices too, basically all fresh fish and real chips now under a tenner.

The lad that opened up at the side of the road about 6 miles away was obviously taking market share and along with the drop in tourists this year in Kerry kicked them into action. He would have been 39 euro for the same grub as opposed to 25, big difference.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    It's been a very long time since I had a decent lasagne while eating out. It's often pre-made in a stupid little bowl and literally burnt into the side of it like a thick crust. Funny enough it's one dish I've never tried at home. Must put it on my list.

I'm lucky that a Supervalu near me does a "Homemade" lasagne on site and stocks it in the fridge section. Reheats perfectly and can be slid onto the plate without looking like a squidgy mess. Its meaty and stands firm on the plate.:D

Nothing worse than lasagne that goes into a sloppy mess rather than distinct layers.

Currently digging a spoon into the tubs of ice cream the kids got at Centra. They are not impressed considering I told them I was OK with my mint choc chip ice cream here at home, haha :)

Chicken bites about to be cooked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grandeeod wrote: »

This is a description of every lasagne I've seen served in a pub/restaurant, one meal I would never order out.

The wife is famous (okay, among family and friends) for her lasagnes, even fussy kids that have never tried it before rave about it.

Eldest lad is a great cook himself and takes a full tray home with him after every visit.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This is a description of every lasagne I've seen served in a pub/restaurant, one meal I would never order out.

The wife is famous (okay, among family and friends) for her lasagnes, even fussy kids that have never tried it before rave about it.

Eldest lad is a great cook himself and takes a full tray home with him after every visit.

I'll take 3 please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

just had a frozen margarita pizza from aldi followed by one of their 'loop the loop' icepops. and very nice they were too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tayto prawn cocktail flavour :)

Two packets of Walkers sweet chilli crisps, not a patch on Keoghs. A Picnic bar. I'm a bottomless pit tonight.

Graces7 wrote: »
    speaking of food, has anyone tried any wild foods? I am now eating chickweed which is in abundance in my garden and when I googled it, it is a "superfood" .. salad or in soup..

Interesting... Is it a green like Kale?

• Advertisement

Interesting... Is it a green like Kale?

it is an intensely good green!
    More like spinach..

See

https://www.wildedible.com/chickweed

I have masses of it here so fresh greens..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Poppy seed Vienna roll with cheese and coleslaw. Lilt to drink :)

half a banana and three- or was it 4? - "Decadent Dates" from Holland and barrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

An omelette with salad from the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Had a donut the size of my face from "Doughnut Time" in Notting Hill. Weighed about a kilo and filled with a cookie dough cream. So full now but je ne regrette rien.

Had a donut the size of my face from "Doughnut Time" in Notting Hill. Weighed about a kilo and filled with a cookie dough cream. So full now but je ne regrette rien.

sounds,,, perfect!

All kinds of everything today, it being Sunday,, grazing,.Just got room for a slice of double choc roll I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

A fairly large new potato, fresh from the garden, steamed and eaten with just maldon salt and a green salad, also fresh from the garden. Very close now to my ideal weight but could not resist the new potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Had a tasty take away chinese earlier. Having a glass of OJ now, cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Coffee , with a chunk of fresh , crusty French stick .

• Advertisement

Salad: Kale, carrot, red pepper, oranges, cucumber, cornichons and mixed nuts, duukah sprinkle.

IMG-20190729-155151.jpg

Advertisement