Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2019 League - Season 4 Fixtures and Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Division A

Barcelona 0-0 Arsenal

A very tight game with few chances created due to both teams sniffing out any danger. A good match despite the score line. Well played az1234.

I'm arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I'm arsenal

Sorry, meant to be Barcelona v Spurs! In work, rushed the post, sorry!

Arsenal 7 spurs 2

Tougher game than it sounds. Good game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Rangers 0 - 10 Arsenal

Okay, can I just be a little bit serious here for a minute. I really, really just stopped caring halfway through the game even though I know it's not right or not in the spirit of the game. I let myself, Arsenal, and the league as a whole down, and for that I wholeheartedly apologise. :(:(:(

It's just that this game was just the most frustrated I've been since playing with Rangers. The lack of pace is grand, you'd get over that because they are roughly 2 stars lower than everyone else so you expect it. It's the fact that they take an age to perform any action, any clearance, any pass, any shot from when the button is pressed. I think the key moment was when, after a relatively decent build up, I had Dorrans through on goal (granted under pressure a little). I pressed square, and it just took that couple of seconds or so before he even started the action, by which time another defender had come across and taken the ball away. I know it was probably 4-0/5-0 at that stage, but that was the moment when I was really just like "fcuk it, what's the point?". :rolleyes::mad:

I certainly won't be picking a team so far below the standard of everyone else again. I kinda only did it just for the craic and, being on manual anyway, I kew I'd lose 90% of games that I'd play regardless of whatever team I chose. But yeah, the fact that they just take an age to do anything can get really infuriating and just really not worth it as the novelty has kind of worn off now. :(

Now, in saying that, Arsenal would no doubt have resoundingly beaten me in any case, even regardless of what team I played with. One look at the table will tell you that! :pac::)

Again, apologies to everyone, and especially to Arsenal. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Chelsea 4-4 Bilbao
    What a game this was ! Chelsea started the better team with barkley having 2 chances in the first 10mins bit couldn't convert , inaki would open the scoring on the 10minute mark and would proceed to absolutely run riot scoring FOUR goals in a 20minute period absolutely stunning the bridge.
    With 35minutes played Morata would pull one back Chelsea pressed high and somehow managed to make it to half time 4-3 down
    The second half started off fast and furious with inaki missing a golden opportunity to make it a fifth for him and Bilbao but it went agonising wide, just moments later Morata would get his second of the game and level things up .
    An incredible game that was very tense till the very end , Chelsea felt like they had won the tie considering that with 30mins gone they should have been dead and buried
    Great game @beastermc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Chin up wilberto, you're due to play me again now so you can look forward to another 3 points there :D

Forgot to put this up Friday night.

PSG 0 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Don't remember much of the details on this other than it was very enjoyable end to end game with chances aplenty for both though Bilbao good value in the end.

Standout moment was Bilbao with the worst miss i think i've ever seen in PES, about 3/4 yards out and an open goal, striker somehow contrived to hit the post. Would not be surprised to hear there was a controller smashed it was that bad.

Good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Division B

Southampton (Bijilf) 2 - 1 AC Milan (Osh)

Good match. Milan led 1-0 at half-time after a great strike from Suso. Danny Ings equalised after the break and Manolo Gabbiadini scored the winner after 77 mins.

Thanks for the game, Osh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Valencia 2 - 5 Milan

Valencia threw away the lead twice in this one. Rumors the Valencia manager knocked out both Centre backs in the dressing room after are unconfirmed at this stage.

Chelsea 2-1 Spurs
    A tight game here with Chelsea taking the lead through Eden Hazard before half time and would double their advantage shortly after the break
    Spurs started turning the screw in the second half and found their goal but it would be too little too late
    Good game @Az1234

Chelsea 1-1 Juve
    A very very tight game this one with Juve controlling the ball and Chelsea looking to break
    Juve would open the scoring through Ronaldo after about 20mins Chelsea clawed one back when Barkley found himself through on goal just beating the Juve gk to the ball and slotting home
    Second half had its chances but neither team converting it ended all square
    Good game @PizzaBurn85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Monaco 1 - 4 Southampton

An awful 1st half seen both teams score a scrappy goal each and go in 1-1 at ht.
    Southampton broke me down easier in the 2nd half.

Well won

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Division B

Real Madrid (philamental) 3 - 3 Monaco (TheOriginalJipo)

On the back of two crushing defeats, the 'E' form Madrid hosted struggling Monaco in their final league match of the season and the Bernabeu crowd were served up a right humdinger of a battle!

Falcao opened the scoring for the visitors but Vinicius Junior levelled for the home side in a closely fought first half. Falcao restored the Monaco lead immediately in the second half but Mariano equalised within a minute of the restart. Madrid started to gain the upper hand at this point and when Mariano bagged his second of the game, and Isco hit the woodwork it looked like the home team had done enough, but it was Mboula who scored on the counter attack to level it at 3-3 with ten minutes to go and that was the end of the scoring with a draw a fair outcome in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Southampton (Bijilf) 0 - 0 Roma (Damo)

Tight game. Southampton were wary of another trashing from Roma but played well.

Thanks for the game, Damo

That's Southampton finished their group fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Southampton (Bijilf) 0 - 0 Roma (Damo)

Tight game. Southampton were wary of another trashing from Roma but played well.

Thanks for the game, Damo

That's Southampton finished their group fixtures.

Well played man it was the most one sided 0-0 ever ! Should have been 3 or 4 goal win for you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Division A

(DavidJKennedy) Celtic 3 - 1 Spurs (az1234)

Gg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Juventus 0 Arsenal 8 EIGHT!!!!!

Well fook me pink , I'm not the worst player in the world but my God this chap is awesome.

Defenders don't get tired regardless of how they press , strikers chase back to the edge of their own box to win the ball back , absolutely lethal going forward. Amazing defence , I think I had 1 shot and it was a freekick from 30 yards .

Im proud of myself for hanging around for the full game , i was totally embarrassed .

Utmost respect for anyone who can beat this fella, he is by far the best player I've ever come across ........

Celtic 0-8 Chelsea

Genuinely don’t like making excuses but my god nothing went my way in that game. Few ugly ass goals and that’s coupled then with getting murdered by pace!

Well played buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lazio 3 - 0 Monaco

2 scabby goals from goalmouth scrambles and then an injury time 3rd. Didn't reflect the game, Monaco had a good few chances that went the wrong side of the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Juventus 4 Celtic 0

I forgot I was at home so didn't put up the result from Tuesday night,

Just wasn't Celtic's night as the ball wouldn't go in , Juventus clinical!

Good game Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Man United 4-1 Napoli (PlanetPotter)

This game was a lot closer than the score line suggest, end to end stuff from the kick off, luck just with United today. Good game!

• Advertisement

Division a

Celtic 3 - 7 Atlético

League games done for me and I’m finishing 5th I think.

Kinda pissed off though that it’s only 4 get thru now! Arsed about for the last few of my games rushing to get them done!

Even with 2 teams pulling out it still could’ve been top 6 from both divisions going thru

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I might throw this one up there from Wednesday as I don't see it yet. :)

El Manual Passico Part Deux

Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 2 Rangers

This game easily finished with the lowest passing accuracy of the entire league! Alfredo Morelos put the Gers in front after a decent turn and burst of pace, followed by a quality strike across the keeper into the bottom corner. The teams were fairly evenly matched, but the victory was sealed with ten minutes to go after a cleverly worked corner routine caused confusion in the Spurs penalty area, allowing Lee Wallace to squeeze home at the near post (despite Christian Eriksen standing there).

I needed that to cheer me up a bit anyway. :pac:

Great game though to be fair. I do love playing another full manual player. At one point in the game, Spurs had worked themselves into a decent crossing position, pressed cross, and the ball just went straight over the endline and high into the stands. I can't remember how many times I've done the same thing! Or the shots that sometimes end up closer to the corner flag! :pac:

The second game was fantastic as well, especially for a 0-0! :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Sorry Wilberto I completely forgot to put it up! Forgot I was the home team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

PSG 3 - 0 Rangers

Revenge for PSG after they were beaten by Rangers at Ibrox in the previous meeting. Made to work hard for the win, Cavani scoring 3 second half goals to make it safe for PSG.

Good game wilberto

Arsenal 4 Psg 1

Buffon on top form. Goals from Aubameyang mikatarian and ozil made it 3-0 at half time with lacazette getting the 4th only for cavani to nick one at the end. Good game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ath Madrid 3 - 1 PSG

A great game and very little in it overall.
    Costa opened the scoring after 20 mins before Neymar equalised on 25 mins.
    It was level until griezmann scored just before HT.
    The game was end to end in the 2nd half before a counter attack and a Costa throughball sent griezmann through on goal and he made no mistake for 3-1 to Madrid

Gg ivefoundgod87

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Liverpool 1-1 Man United

Hmm what to say about this. United on defensive for the whole game, going ultra defensive in the last 20 minutes. Mane with an early goal for Liverpool and Martial scoring an equaliser via a deflection into his path.

Ended the group unbeaten at least!

Well done man u. Yipppee goal difference😉😎

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well done man u. Yipppee goal difference😉😎

Did you mean to congratulate me, Liverpool, for going unbeaten or United for drawing against me? :D

• Advertisement

Congratulations to you both. We both finished on 60 points with 19 wins and 3 draws but my goal difference is greater so I'm taking that as an overall win ;)

Advertisement