Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2019 League - Season 4 Fixtures and Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

(Kingosh) Milan 2-0 Valencia (batesy)

Close game this. Valencia had a good few chances but couldn’t put them away. Took the lead with a higuain header in first half and get another in second half to make it more comfortable. But Valencia pretty unlucky not to score. Good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Division B

Real Madrid (philamental) 1 - 2 Liverpool (Colemaniser)

While it may sound like another heavily drunken match report, I actually gave as good as I got against the runaway league leaders here. I think it was Salah who opened the scoring after 17 mins before Benzema equalised after the half hour. Possibly Mane restored the lead just before half time but it was end to end stuff with many tense penalty box moments of last ditch tackles and saves. This pattern continued in the second half but there were no more goals so Liverpool extend their lead at the top, but Madrid will take heart from their efforts. Possession ended up 50/50 in this tight game, but Liverpool did just enough to deserve their victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Valencia 5 - 1 Monaco

Valencia find their scoring boots, well Rodrigo anyway bagging 4 of the 5 goals. They’d been due a few goals and Monaco were the unfortunate recipients. Good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

(Kingosh) Milan 3 - 1 Monaco (theoriginaljipo)

Had the perfect start to this one. Higuain scoring after 4 mins and he nearly got second in under 10. Did manage it towards half time and was 2-0 going to the break. Suso got the third early in second half. Monaco pulled one back but was late enough, maybe 10 mins left. Good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Man city 0-7 Chelsea

The 2nd game of this meeting, the first finishing 2 a piece with an equaliser from Morata to split the points, it was a great, enjoyable game and a fixture I was looking forward to again. The rematch was a khabib strangle hold dusted off to be finished off with an Aldo KO

The first half finished 0-0 with city 2 shots on target to Chelseas one. The 2nd half was a double barrel shot gun with an 8 barrel clip on it (If there's such a thing, but you can imagine) From the off, Chelsea kick off, 1st goal, game restarts with city, miss pass, Chelsea picked it up and 2 and it went on and on, i could describe each but I won't. Every forward pass in the final 3rd was finished with a goal.

Lesson learned, nail the formation and tactics to the opponent, i changed to a present 4-3-3, with attacking full backs.. Chelsea were free for all and miles ahead before anything could be done. Excuses excuses but what a way to pay for your mistakes

Never been on the recieving end like it, that will put me into hiding for awhile. Back to shooting in bf4. Good game Ken! Mastered attacking football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Chelsea (Kenneth192) 2-0 (nslattery) Atletico Madrid
    The visitors started brightly here with kalinic looking dangerous early on , but it would be the home team that would take the lead after a scramble at the edge of the box Ross barkley would fire one home for 1nil after the half hour mark
    The second half was a close affair it wasnt till the 89th minute that Chelsea would win a penalty hazard would convert giving Chelsea the victory
    Good game nslattery

Division B

Real Madrid (philamental) 1 - 2 Manchester Utd (ItsHoggie)

Frustrating night for the home side as they took the game to their opponents with purpose for the first half but despite a heavy statistical domination the sides went in level at half time. In the second half it didn't take long for Man U to take advantage of a counter attack with Martial slotting home for the lead. Real immediately had a gilt edged chance to level but Isco spurned it beyond the post and that was arguably a key moment in the overall result. Not long after, Lukaku extended the lead and Man U were looking like the only team capable of scoring at that point. Isco did head home to reduce the deficit with 20 mins still to play but with tiring legs Real never really threatened again and Man U were comfortable seeing out the game with their clinical finishing proving to be the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Division A

Ath Madrid (nslattery) 1-5 Juventus (pizzaburn85)

Another game where Madrid could not keep a clean sheet.

Kalanic opened the scoring after 10 mins and the game was level after 17 mins from Cuadrado. Madrid hit the inside of the post before Juventus went ahead after 32 mins through Mandzukic.

In the 2nd half Dybala (48), Mandzukic (84) & OG (91) made it 5-1 to Juventus

Good game pizzaburn85

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

(Dont think it got posted)

Me 1 - 1 Kingosh

Tightly faught game, chances galore for both sides with osh scoring first. West Ham were not getting the rub of the grass till a late 91st minute goal.
    Myself and osh both deserved somethibg outta the game and agreed the draw was a fair result as it would of been a harsh loss for the other.
    Enjoyed our games fella, good luck with the rest of the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

West Ham 1 - 0 Man Utd

3 shots for west ham, 11 for united, fabinski might have to get drug tested after this as he was superb and got motm. Arno got an early goal, was all utd pressure after that. Defence stood tall and fabinski did stuff, de gea was in amazement.

Good game hoggie, look forward to the battle at old trafford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Div A
    Marseille 0 - 2 Celtic
    Two well worked goals proved the difference in a tight game.

Gg

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Division A

Tottenham (az1234) 0 - 7 Arsenal (the gifted1dblin)

Second game trying manual passing went well, only the 7 goals and hardly a shot myself! Fair play to thegift1dblin though, I'd still have been battered if I was on regular passing!

Goals were split between Lacazette, Aubameyang, Ramsey and Mkhitaryan from memory! Too many to keep track of!

Division A

Tottenham (az1234) 2 - 4 Chelsea (KENNETH192)

Another heavy defeat for Spurs! Chelsea dominated from the start and could have scored double digits! Willian with 2, Hazard and Barkley on the scoresheet for Chelsea with Trippier and an Eriksen free kick for Spurs. Had Winks' curling effort that hit the post at 3-2 gone in then it could have been a different story but Chelsea were well worth their win in the end!

Division A

Tottenham (az1234) 1 - 2 Juventus (pizzaburn85)

Three in a row for Spurs tonight! Another Eriksen free kick wasn't enough to put a dent in Juventus who were on top throughout with Mandzukic and Dybala getting the goals either side of Eriksen's.

The home crowd are starting to call for Pochettino's head due to their abysmal form with Tim Sherwood waiting in the wings for the call from Daniel Levy!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Division A
    Arsenal 3 rangers 0
    A dogged rangers side hard to break down. Not sure who plays in goal for rangers but he is obviously the best keeper on the planet.
    Lacazette with 2 and I for Ramsey. Rangers are so slow it's a shame.

Good game wilberto

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Division A
    Arsenal 8 Athletico Bilbo 4
    In a mad game where defending seemed like cheating, arsenal were off to the perfect start with a goal from tip off and a second in quick succession only to concede through a nicely worked counter. Monreal chipped in with a peach from the edge of the box and 1 more made 4 1 at half time. Goals galore both teams with 5 men up front. Fans got their money's worth.

Great if slightly mental game Stephen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Rangers 0 - 2 Athletic Club de Bilbao

Probably the most frustrated game that I've played with the Gers to date. Rangers saw a little but more of the ball than usual, and looked threatening, but again a distinct lack of pace made it extremely tough to penetrate the Bilbao defence. Meanwhile the pace differential of Inaki Williams versus the Rangers defence meant that he was always a serious threat and eventually scored one and created another (might not have actually got the assist but was definitely involved) for Iker Muniain. Kyle Lafferty had a clear chance for an equaliser after a defensive error but his effort was one that he'll be trying to forget quite quickly.

Good game to be fair, but I'm just getting frustrated at the Rangers' players inability to react quick enough for any loose ball, or just their lack of pace entirely. :(

Well done though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Athletic Bilbao 0-1 PSG

Tough game for the home side this, under the cosh for most of it and rarely threatening. The way the match was going 0-0 was looking like a respectable result for Bilbao, given the chances that were being spurned by Neymar and co, but that man Edinson Cavani had other ideas! A turn and finish from outside the box in the 83rd min sealed the points for the Parisians. Good game pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Monaco 0 - Lazio 1

Another game another lose!

Monaco actually played a lot better than usual here, finding space and time on the ball more than any game all season. in truth Lazio defended pretty well, cut out most through balls, and took their one big chance well.
    I nearly got an equalizer from a timed corner but not too be, Monaco propping up the bottom of the table.

GG Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Division B

Southampton (Bijilf) 2 - 2 Liverpool (Colemaniser)

Brilliant match. Southampton went 1-0 up, Liverpool then went 2-1 ahead and Danny Ings equalised before half-time.

Second half was end-to-end with Liverpool having more shots but Southampton (Charlie Austin) hitting the bar with a penalty in the 77th minute!

Great game, Colemaniser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

(Damok21) Roma 4-0 Southampton (bijilf)

Managed to score with my first two shots in this one which put koolhanger under pressure. I was aided by most of my players being in good form. Southampton missed a great chance with a header at 2-0 to bring him back into the game but Roma managed to add to their advantage.
    Good game man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lazio (Meath77) 1 - 4 Roma (damo)

Roma cruises through this one, good midfield battle but a well deserved victory. Think I had one shot!

Good moment of fair play from Damo, in the first 5 minutes I played a back pass to my keeper on the line, I went to clear it with him first time but he was too slow to react and ran over the line with it! But damo scored an own goal himself straight from the kick off to even it up when he didn't have to. So fair play award goes to Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Napoli 3 - 2 Real Madrid

A thriller in Naples this evening. Real Madrid came straight out of the blocks scoring after 9 minutes after some good hold up play by Benzema allowed Asensio to score from inside the box. A long ball from Mertens was picked up by Milik who bullied Ramos before calmly dinking the ball over an on coming Courtois on 25 minutes. Napoli created some great opportunities for Milik and Verdi but inexplicably fired wide. But the villain of the piece was Mertens who amazingly, with the entire goal to aim at from all of three yards hit the ball straight at a sprawled Courtois who gratefully seized the ball. 1-1 at halftime.

Whatever Planetpotter said to Milik at halftime had the desired effect. On 49 minutes he again showed great strength to hold off Ramos from another Mertens long ball and kept his composure to stroke it home. On 55 minutes Ramos proceeded to continue his bad day at the office - after holding off Milik from another long ball just inside his own area his backpass to Courtois was too strong, causing the keeper to struggle to control the ball before Milik, smelling the opportunity for a hat trick, dispossessed Courtois to take a tap in from less than one yard.

Real Madrid came back strongly after this set back, keeping possession and dictating the pace of the game. On 68 minutes Hysaj was hardly adjudged to have pushed Asensio in the box - Bale stepped up and sent Karnezis the wrong way to set up a tense final 20 minutes. However, despite a few chances from either side Napoli held on to claim the victory.

gg Phila, well played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Juventus 1 Chelsea 5

Division B

Real Madrid (philamental) 0 - 1 Southampton (bijilf)

*As this was the first of about 5 successive online games I played last night my recollection of the specifics is unfortunately a little hazy*

A tight scoreline reflected what proved to be a tense affair for most of the 90 minutes, but the first half was pretty exciting with Austin wasting a number of great chances for the visitors and Benzema doing likewise for the home side.

I believe it was Austin who finally broke the deadlock. (although I don't recall if it was late first half or early second half) Possibly with his earlier misses in mind the striker took a couple of touches to steady himself before finishing emphatically past Courtois. By then Southampton had managed to get a grip on the game and deserved their lead, with their front two linking very well and repeatedly causing the Madrid defenders headaches.

Despite the single goal deficit Madrid seemed to tire as the second half progressed and never really created a chance worthy of an equalizer. Most of the final 15 mins consisted of Southampton controlling the game by keeping the play in the Madrid half and snuffing out the Madrid counter attacks without too much trouble.

With the way these games can go Madrid could certainly have left the pitch with at least a point, but on the overall balance of play a Southampton victory was the deserved result here.

Well played, bijilf!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Gameweek 5 Fixtures

Division A

2cr1ta8.jpg
    29scqs.jpg

Division B

2nl4p6q.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Division A

Celtic (Callaway92) 1 - 1 PSG (ivefoundgod)

Enjoyable match

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Divison B

Roma 1 - 0 Milan (osh)

Really close game this , Roma dominated possession In the first half but Milan were the ones creating chances. Luckily for Roma Higuain left his shooting boots at home. Scrappy Perotti goal settled it! Good game Osh !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Division B

Napoli 2 - 0 Man Utd

A very even first half in Naples saw quite a few chances created by both teams but very little in the way of quality finishing with only 3 shots on target combined. One for the purists as the cliche goes.

The second half saw Napoli assert some dominance and this dominance was rewarded in the 59th minute when Mertens dinked a smooth ball over the heads of two United defenders which Milik was able to run onto and smash past De Gea on the half volley. United upped the ante, applying pressure on a resolute Napoli defence and as United pushed forward in search of an equaliser the inevitable gaps appeared. It wasn't until the last minute of the game when Milik released Callejon into acres of space at the back and he calmly ran into the opposing area, dinking the ball over De Gea with a tidy finish to add a bit of polish to the victory and run salt into United's wounds.

gg Hoggie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Rangers 0 - 4 Celtic

Stuff happened. Goals were scored. More stuff happened. The end.

:pac: :)

Advertisement