Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

spurshero wrote: »
    Are they out or is there backdoor

Galway will play the Leinster Champions. Either Dublin or Kildare and Mayo play the runners up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭threeball

This is harsh. I'm sorry I know people have zoned in on this goalkeeping position but I've been at enough games to know there is little between the two goalies and I would have no issue with either. Lavelle has been number one for a few seasons now and I don't remember him costing us too much and I still believe without some of his performances we'd still be a division two side.

Power managed to wrestle the number one shirt from him for the Sligo game. He was named to start a Connacht final and made a decision that meant he didn't.

Did you see the Tyrone game in the league? He was horrendous.
    His goalkeeping against roscommon was terrible. The goal conceded he dived on at the standing foot not the kicking one and his kickouts were deplorable.

Two years ago when Power was first choice there was little between them but his performances for Corofin over the last two years have improved immensely. We haven't seen him enough in a Galway jersey to make a judgement but from what I've seen of both Power is the better goalie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Ya I was at the Tyrone game. My recollection is Galway built up a good lead. Dominated first half. Second half long ball over Sean Andys head give away a penalty. Lavelle doesn't save. Second goal Sean Andy and Lavelle fu**ing about on the half way line, Sean Andy gives a shocking hand pass no where close to reaching Lavelle ball intercepted. Open goal. Goal. Third goal long ball Lavelle punches clear ball not cleared. Goal. Talk after that game focused on the performance of another player and it wasn't the goalie.

Ya I was at the Tyrone game. My recollection is Galway built up a good lead. Dominated first half. Second half long ball over Sean Andys head give away a penalty. Lavelle doesn't save. Second goal Sean Andy and Lavelle fu**ing about on the half way line, Sean Andy gives a shocking hand pass no where close to reaching Lavelle ball intercepted. Open goal. Goal. Third goal long ball Lavelle punches clear ball not cleared. Goal. Talk after that game focused on the performance of another player and it wasn't the goalie.

Sean Andy was shocking but Lavelle can't even solo and he regularly decides to take a jaunt up the pitch. Neither of them inspire any confidence at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Robson99

threeball wrote: »
    Sean Andy was shocking but Lavelle can't even solo and he regularly decides to take a jaunt up the pitch. Neither of them inspire any confidence at all.

Would prefer to see power in goals but in fairness to Lavelle in the Tyrone game Sean Andy hung him out to dry. Sean Andy is the bigger problem IMO. Not an inter county full back

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    Would prefer to see power in goals but in fairness to Lavelle in the Tyrone game Sean Andy hung him out to dry. Sean Andy is the bigger problem IMO. Not an inter county full back

I agree on Sean Andy, hopefully Mulkerrin steps up in the next year or two. And on that occasion yes it was Sean Andy's pass which led to the goal. However, Lavelle has form on this and has gotten caught a number of times leaving his goal in the past due to his poor ball skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I'm sorry I'm sure it's been asked before but where is the best site if any to live stream from. I'm in the Republic but not a sky subscriber thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

We can't tell you that or we'll be banned. Site rules and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LoveMeSexy

Can we stop slagging off our own players hours before we play our biggest rivals. Best of luck to them today, hope they play to the standard they are all well capable of, could be the making of this group of players if we turn it around today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Might be a dummy team, but keeping Comer & Conroy in reserve for a big 2nd half push is probably a good idea.

Quite a bit of doom & gloom on here, think Galway will be fresher and will win this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Well I've talked myself into looking forward to it. Farragher/Burke inside could be good. Could see Damo and Molloy. Could be like Donegal a few years ago.

If the rain would clear off now that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

I've gotten slightly more confident as the week has gone on. I'm expecting a big reaction from our players tonight. Maybe I'm naive but I'm looking forward to the match regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I'm sorry I'm sure it's been asked before but where is the best site if any to live stream from. I'm in the Republic but not a sky subscriber thanks

For the sake of a tenner you really can't go wrong with now TV tbh. 24 hour access to sky sports

That said I'll be watching the first game too and am probably a lot more hungover than yourself uggh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

UP THE TRIBES.
    Best of luck to the lads today and safe travels to those attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭spurshero

Looks like for all there poor mouthing all week Mayo will only really be missing Diarmuid o Connor . Keegan names in subs which in today’s world could mean he may start . Anyway if we gonna go down let’s go down fighting . Looking forward to seeing Burke and farragher see if they can replicate there corofin form and if they do we have good chance . Also looking forward to see Mcdaid from start and ya never know maybe even Molloy . Hopefully the rain holds off a bit . Will be back to give a positive review tonight hopefully

I think we have a good chance today despite all our issues. Mayo are nowhere near the team of 3 or 4yrs ago. If we actually put out our best 15 I think I would be very confident but I think the team as named has alot of flaws.

Farragher at full forward is a big plus. I'd rather see him in there than comer due to game time and form. He's probably worth his place even if others were fit. Himself and Burke have a great understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Heavy traffic already. Na Piarsaigh already half full.

Power
    Brannigan
    Conroy
    Comer
    Cummins
    Duane
    Finnerty
    Kelly
    Kyne
    Molloy
    Varley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Strong bench.

Heavy traffic already. Na Piarsaigh already half full.

Alot must have headed down to the ladies replay.

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    Strong bench.

Too strong. At least 3 of them should be starting.

Raining quite heavy again.

• Site Banned Posts: 136 ✭✭rainybillwill

Best of luck to both Galway teams today and safe travels everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭testtech05

A great win for the ladies in the replay.
    Galway 3-7 Mayo 0-9
    Hopefully a good omen for later!

Changes

Changes

Who?

I've been told no Sean Andy and no Tom Flynn. Kyne and Sean Kelly to come in. No idea is this accurate.

I've been told no Sean Andy and no Tom Flynn. Kyne and Sean Kelly to come in. No idea is this accurate.

Kyne to full back wouldn't be too bad considering where Sean Andy is at but will Kelly go in to wing forward and Cooke to midfield and if so would it mean Daly is actually staying midfield??

Power is doing the goalie warm up from the looks of it. Tom Flynn and Sean Andy warning up fine so I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Both correct according to rte

Also Brannigan in for O,Laoi

Power starts

Advertisement