Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon - 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Yup I was thinking about trying the extra charity places but at 190 euro is out of my league. Amsterdam might be booked instead for 77 euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

PFO this year, oh well, there are other races.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Decided to go back to Berlin try after my first sub 3 attempt there in 2008.
    Fast Good for Age entry. A lot has changed since.
    Even booked hotel & 10 months out! , never so early in all my events previously. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Yup I was thinking about trying the extra charity places but at 190 euro is out of my league. Amsterdam might be booked instead for 77 euro :)

Eindhoven is €54 when registration opens up if you’re looking at a Dutch marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

PFO late last night. Have been three times and love the race and the city. Got in twice before on the additional charity places, will let that slide this time.

Good luck to all who got in and the best of training to ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Is there anybody who has not yet heard one way or the other?

I registered (confirmation received) but no update yesterday nor today. Are they ghosting me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Seanie_H wrote: »

I registered (confirmation received) but no update yesterday nor today. Are they ghosting me ?

Did you check your spam folder Seánie??

MacSwifty wrote: »
    Did you check your spam folder Seánie??

I did - I should've said. There's only emails from dodgy princes looking for cash, my IBAN or bitcoin ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

OOnegative wrote: »
    Eindhoven is €54 when registration opens up if you’re looking at a Dutch marathon.

Any idea when this comes available?

Seanie_H wrote: »

Email came overnight - 4 am and it was a no. Mad system.

• Advertisement

Nialler73 wrote: »

I don’t i’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Just wondering if anyone who was successful in the lottery has had the money taken yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭El CabaIIo

tbukela wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone who was successful in the lottery has had the money taken yet?

If I remember correctly, the money isn't taken until mid-december sometime, it should say it somewhere on your acceptance email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Anyone else trying for charity places tomorrow??

Nialler73 wrote: »

April I was informed by the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

I can't find the link to the 1000 places. Any one successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

You need to pick one of the charities on that realbuzz page. I kept getting kicked out but managed to get in on my phone.
    Received an email from charity saying that my application has been submitted and that I will be contacted by the charity in due course. Hope I did this right.

You need to pick one of the charities on that realbuzz page. I kept getting kicked out but managed to get in on my phone.
    Received an email from charity saying that my application has been submitted and that I will be contacted by the charity in due course. Hope I did this right.

Pretty sure that's not it. Seems like that's the fund raising route. In a queue here myself......

Yep, I did it wrong. Looks like I'll see ye all in 2020

That's not for the 1000 places, the entries available today are a direct donation to one single charity that Berlin choose. You pay €190 and €65 is donated to their charity in return for a place. You've applied to fundraise for a charity and to get on to their tour and they rarely will give you just the entry, you'll be part of a group package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

Not what that is but i'm in a queue. Multiple links on the go. And.....No joy!

healy1835 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's not it. Seems like that's the fund raising route. In a queue here myself......

Where's the link healy? I'm almost tempted.. nvm found it

El CabaIIo wrote: »
    Where's the link healy? I'm almost tempted..

Just the homepage pal.....

https://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/

I didn't get in anyway.

Really should have deffered my 2018 entry instead of letting go to waste

All places gone now.

And that's all she wrote folks.......Dublin 2019 it is so. I'll take a little while and then come up with all the reasons it's a better option :(

healy1835 wrote: »
    And that's all she wrote folks.......Dublin 2019 it is so. I'll take a little while and then come up with all the reasons it's a better option :(

Eindhoven, Amsterdam, Köln, Frankfurt...... all flat to. Eindhoven & Amsterdam much cheaper than the German options.

Thanks Barry......tbh I was only really on for Berlin, as a couple of mates are doing it and it would have been good craic as well. I could take or leave an overseas marathon right now apart from that. London 2020 will double as a family holiday so i'm pretty content to have a marathon free Spring and then have a serious rattle at DCM. Not hitting my goal in DCM this year has really made me want to run it more than ever next year......

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Got a place (first attempt). Spent the last week getting my head around it, wasn't expecting to get in.

Anyone know if you can edit your order? I went a bit trigger happy at the time of ordering and picked merch which I now want to remove from my order? eek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Got into this anyway - accom and flights booked for a fairly decent price anyway (Out Sat AM, back Tue PM, accom ~2k from startline). Targeting this as my main race for next year!

Advertisement