Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon - 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

I'm in the lottery for this and really hoping to get in after an unsucessful attempt last year. I'm thinking Amsterdam as a back up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

sca21 wrote: »
    I'm in the lottery for this and really hoping to get in after an unsucessful attempt last year. I'm thinking Amsterdam as a back up though.

Did AMS this year - great race

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Does anyone know if the 1,000 extra places they are offering on the 5th of December are first come first served via the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Does anyone know if the 1,000 extra places they are offering on the 5th of December are first come first served via the website?

Presuming these are the charity ones that cost an extra €60, then yes they are first come first served or at least they were when I got one in 2014.......great race in a lovely city and well worth the money IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Yes, first come, first served. Usually opens at 8am irish time and will be sold out in 20 mins. A good tip is to have every electronic device you have going to try and access the site, laptop, tablet, phone etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    Yes, first come, first served. Usually opens at 8am irish time and will be sold out in 20 mins. A good tip is to have every electronic device you have going to try and access the site, laptop, tablet, phone etc

And these places are an entirely new application process, not based on your original application? I'm in a team application, so if we're unsuccessful then its everyman for themselves I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Hi guys,

I entered the ballot for Berlin earlier this month. It now appears I'm going to be away for most of next year and will definitely not be available during the timeframe of the race. Just wondering is there any way I can withdraw from the lottery :-) Strange request I know. But if successful in the lottery then the money is deducted automatically is that correct? Just want to avoid the hassle of having to chase them up etc.

Thanks a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd just email them and ask.

Hmm..reply from them saying no way to opt out ! So I'm in the peculiar situation now of hoping I dont get picked :-)

It's this week right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, Thursday. Got an entry this year and couldn't go due to family reasons, gutted there was no defer option. Hoping for luck two years in a row...lets see.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 cityrep

D-day for lottery results?????!!! Best of luck everyone!! Looking forward go hearing some good news!!

Got my email last year at 16:55, could be a long day checking emails!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Ah crap! Just realized my credit card was hacked 2 weeks ago and I had it replaced - they have my old card details for taking the payment - hope this doesn't scupper my chances!! Something extra to be nervous about I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

One friend of mine has already got confirmation of entry

Yeah mate of mine got confirmation about 9am.......I'm growing less confident as the day goes on :( I think I got mine about lunch time for 2017......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

healy1835 wrote: »
    Yeah mate of mine got confirmation about 9am.......I'm growing less confident as the day goes on :( I think I got mine about lunch time for 2017......

I didn't get my confirmation for 2018 until 5pm or so and I remember people getting their confirmation after me. Tis a long day when you're waiting though.

I seem to recall people even got acceptances the day after last time, seems like they do it in batches.That said if nothing by 17:00 I'll start getting anxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

I totally forgot about this, I'm going to be anxiously checking the phone for the rest of the day.

14:07 Update: Didn't have to wait long, got in. Now I have to break the news at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Husband and I entered as a team. I got an email saying I got in, but he didn't get one yet. My understanding is a team entry is either everyone or no one, so maybe the emails are just going out randomly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭opus

Happy to report I got the opposite of a PFO so Germany it is next September :)

• Advertisement

PFO's started coming in last time around 18:30, just saying..maybe Paris in the spring instead..if nothing by 18:00 i think its likely game over for Berlin this year, the wait is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

got my CONFIRMATION at 3.30!!

Gonna be a busy/expensive year,

London, Berlin & Dublin!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

Oh my God, I've gotten in!
    Sweet baby jesus....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Oh my God, I've gotten in!
    Sweet baby jesus....

What time was email

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

rom wrote: »
    What time was email

It was 12:30 today but I was in work and didn't check my personal emails until I came home.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

No joy again this year. 2 years in a row. Well done to all those who got in. Not sure will I bother with those extra 1000 places during the week. I might just cut my losses and enter Amsterdam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

PFO again... 3rd year running. Manchester and DCM booked.. and a full Ironman in there for good measure but Berlin would have been icing on the cake. Well.. Boston 2020 will need to be the target :eek:

No luck :( will try the charity places on Wednesday. If it's Dublin for the sub 2:50 then so be it :rolleyes: London 2020 on a GFA will be happening regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Got in to Berlin delighted

• Advertisement

No joy...or is that the other way round...ðŸ˜

Advertisement