Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Can you explain what you’re trying to say here. Two issues I have I) blackmailing an nrv? Why exactly? II) did you read Watson’s role?

I’m not advocating Watson comes out. I’m saying if he came out on thread the sk can kill him anytime. I’m also saying there is some blackmail power in play. What good is it Watson using his last Bullet, coming out and then him getting blackmailed ? We don’t know what this power does...

I think Watson uses his second bullet and saves a wolf or Sk kill. He can confirm the save as he puts in order and we know him and the saved person are good.. what’s wrong with that?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Only other thing i can see is that our vig was blackmailed into shooting tegan.

But for that to be true, the wolves would have to a) be super lucky to pick the vig or b) have found the vig via a peek (again super lucky).

Id be inclined to think its the vig.

I would suggest vig needs to declare who he is shooting before his next shot, to verify himsefl.

It wouldn't necessarily be the vig that would need to be blackmailed though would it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    It wouldn't necessarily be the vig that would need to be blackmailed though would it?

Im not sure what you are alluding to....

Have any of today's kills given us any more info we can use?

I dont have a great history of getting answers from him, but i would very much like to know why Dessie brought up Clodagh a couple of times and put it as 50/50 between herself and myself for being furry, despite Dessie never interacting with Clodagh.

I think some of the old fashioned tells of wolves avoiding talking to other wolves need to be chased up.

Or, you know, stay hidden and use the heal as a second bodyguard later in the game if we have power roles to protect?

Well that’s one way of looking at it. I think two confirmed goodies isn’t a bad trade off... And aren’t we presuming the wolves are going after Rolled villagers? Wouldn’t Wendy bring healed this morning of been handy?

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Well that’s one way of looking at it. I think two confirmed goodies isn’t a bad trade off... And aren’t we presuming the wolves are going after Rolled villagers? Wouldn’t Wendy bring healed this morning of been handy?

A healed seer or priest or 'confirmed' power role will be handier. We dont know what Wendy was.....so healing her may not pay any more dividends than giving us back an NRV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Have any of today's kills given us any more info we can use?

I dont have a great history of getting answers from him, but i would very much like to know why Dessie brought up Clodagh a couple of times and put it as 50/50 between herself and myself for being furry, despite Dessie never interacting with Clodagh.

I think some of the old fashioned tells of wolves avoiding talking to other wolves need to be chased up.

Well, if I remember rightly they did communicate last night over a list of names to lynch through.

Hang on I'll go back and get it.

If, indeed, the healing is a blanket heal for anyone that dies (which we dont know yet).

Orla WW wrote: »
    Well, if I remember rightly they did communicate last night over a list of names to lynch through.

Hang on I'll go back and get it.

They did; but only after someone else pointed out they had never talked to each other up to and after Dessie fingered Clodes.

A healed seer or priest or 'confirmed' power role will be handier. We dont know what Wendy was.....so healing her may not pay any more dividends than giving us back an NRV.

We know the baddies went for Wendy twice by the look of things... that’s not a bad sign....

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote: »
    User Name
    Winifred WW
    Gabriel WW
    Barbara WW
    Tegan WW
    Desmond WW
    Conor WW
    Clodagh WW
    Derry WW

That's a good list, i think i'd start at the top and keep lynching through until we come up with something better.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Don't forget to add Orla too that list. She didnt' FFA but she did give us her read on everyone

Yeah, I knew I remembered something.

They did; but only after someone else pointed out they had never talked to each other up to and after Dessie fingered Clodes.

giphy.gif

We know the baddies went for Wendy twice by the look of things... that’s not a bad sign....

I do get where you are coming from; but look at it this way....if its a blanket heal on anyone that dies, and we have a seer or priest that comes out, and they get killed, we can get them back and get 1 more peek / dead person reveal.

Now maybe Wendy was one of those roles, but we dont know. So we would be throwing the dice on getting her back and getting nothing else vs reviving a confirmed role and definitely getting something else on top of that person being back.

Im not sure what you are alluding to....

Just noting that everyone is assume the vig took their shot or was blackmailed into taking a shot but if it was blackmail and not just a regular vig shot then why does it need to be the vig? Is it because a bullet was used?

We are not going to be able to clear it up until the vig eventually comes out but we should stay open to all possibilities.

Just noting that everyone is assume the vig took their shot or was blackmailed into taking a shot but if it was blackmail and not just a regular vig shot then why does it need to be the vig? Is it because a bullet was used?

We are not going to be able to clear it up until the vig eventually comes out but we should stay open to all possibilities.

Yeah im thinking Watson/Vig was involved as a bullet is specifically mentioned.

On the FFA thing - I didn't do one yesterday as I just didn't have the time. Will get one in today.

I voted for Katie mainly due to her reaction when Derry was congratulated for solving the clues and she was looking for her congratulations. After that night she then disappeared for most of the next day - struck me as someone building their post count on D0 and then trying to lie low.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Conor, since you are around today and thanking my posts, how did you feel about me accusing you yesterday and voting for you?

Sorry had work (pesky job) and reading back now. I thought it was idiotic but then I know I'm good. I actually responded to your reasoning yesterday. I was surprised by Wendy's reveal and apparently that makes me guilty. A very flimsy reason imo.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Not sure why people seem to be thinking that a heel power can bring back someone who just died. Doctors like Dr Watson can heel people but can't bring them back from the dead. I could be way off here but that seems like a stretch. I'd imagine he can heel people who have been hospitalised and if they are heeled maybe the SK cannot kill them then.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Sorry had work (pesky job) and reading back now. I thought it was idiotic but then I know I'm good. I actually responded to your reasoning yesterday. I was surprised by Wendy's reveal and apparently that makes me guilty. A very flimsy reason imo.

That wasnt my accusation at all.

My accusation was that you hung around to see your kill take effect. Once it was announced the kill didnt land (your pills) you skidaddled outta here. Almost immediately after in fact.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

On the FFA thing - I didn't do one yesterday as I just didn't have the time. Will get one in today.

I voted for Katie mainly due to her reaction when Derry was congratulated for solving the clues and she was looking for her congratulations. After that night she then disappeared for most of the next day - struck me as someone building their post count on D0 and then trying to lie low.

Did the exact same thing again when the kill note with frank came. It's one of the reasons i voted for her.

Agree with the vig not coming out until the heal is used obviously. Would love to know why tegan, i didn't read her as wolf but sure i dont really have a strong wolf read on anyone tbf.

Unless there is an absolute certainty on a wolf maybe hold the bullet until they've used the heal, they can announce the shot and confirm their role then.

Should we look at how the heal could work or is it giving info or scenarios to the wolves they don't need us to provide?

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Not sure why people seem to be thinking that a heel power can bring back someone who just died. Doctors like Dr Watson can heel people but can't bring them back from the dead. I could be way off here but that seems like a stretch. I'd imagine he can heel people who have been hospitalised and if they are heeled maybe the SK cannot kill them then.

But doesnt the reveal still apply so ?

Whether its somebody in hospital or a person killed surely he should reveal himself directly after he has used his last power ? He is an NRV once hes used 2 bullets and a heal . . It means he has also cleared one village . .

We cant know how the heal works. Id rather focus on wolf hunting over speculating on the heal power.

What i would like is for everyone to commit to an FFA by 6pm.

If you want to give extended read lists along the way as well, then great.

Just on this Gab, I think those contributing should hold off for a bit and let those who didn't FFA/give a readslist yesterday put forward their views first.

Don't wanna be giving them any places to hide.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

But doesnt the reveal still apply so ?

Whether its somebody in hospital or a person killed surely he should reveal himself directly after he has used his last power ? He is an NRV once hes used 2 bullets and a heal . . It means he has also cleared one village . .

Can he heal a wolf if they are in hospital?

Whats the story on those hospitalised today. It would be really interesting to see if they each know the names of the other 3.

Steve is the only one so far?

That wasnt my accusation at all.

My accusation was that you hung around to see your kill take effect. Once it was announced the kill didnt land (your pills) you skidaddled outta here. Almost immediately after in fact.

And I explained that yesterday. I was literally typing up that I was heading out for a bit and then saw Wendy's post and reacted. It would be incredibly stupid play to do that. I might not be a great player but I do have *some* cop on.

We cant know how the heal works. Id rather focus on wolf hunting over speculating on the heal power.

True, but I would imagine being a lonely vig , its nice to have people giving you ideas or backing up ideas you already had . .

Its one of the reasons I like to post information I have investigated (like my Mary notes) on thread. I might not be the best in the village at sorting through information but some of the rolled players may spot patterns or things from information I cant see . . Remember Priest and Seer know things we don't so will be able to decipher information better then us. .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Can he heal a wolf if they are in hospital?

Whats the story on those hospitalised today. It would be really interesting to see if they each know the names of the other 3.

Steve is the only one so far?

I think isla also said she was hospitalised

On Tegan's death she was on my FFA because something was niggling at me about her posts. I ended up switching off her because of my 'Doris as SK theory'. I meant to read back over her posts but didn't get a chance and won't get to til later (still in work) but maybe someone can go back and have a look and see if anything jumps out.

I'd be very surprised if JW could heal someone from death. I'd say it's way more likely that it's connected to the hospitalization but I'm not sure what the point of it is if being in hospital is just a status change that doesn't affect powers?

• Advertisement

I think isla also said she was hospitalised

Hospitalised today:
    Steve and Isla confirmed themselves

Yesterday
    Brendan, Frank, Derry and Desmond

Derry said this morning he was released 25 hours after being put in hospital . .

Which leaves Brendan, Desmond, Steve and Isla today. Since we haven't heard from anybody else this is possibly how things are . .

This hospital thing is odd. So SK picks 4 people a day and can only kill from that list, but the Watson power could potentially heal his target ? Mmm, maybe

Advertisement