Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Hey Riona.

I've not missed your comments on me overnight. (I have to admit, I completly missed that you voted for me, since I actually didn't even check to see if I had recieved votes.....)

I've got a busy-ish morning so it might be post munch before I respond though. But I will respond.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Oooh I love me some intravenous fluids in the morning.
    Makes me too warm and effects my vision though. Is this the correct thread?

It's early so I could be missing the joke but are you trying to tell us you are in hospital?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    It's 7.30 and it appears we've had no word from mods about Sherlock being alive or dead. We safe to say it was an SK ploy?

Well I hate to say I told you so but...

giphy.gif

It appears our seer has gotten out of jail, so crack the brewskies and listen to this jam:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

So no Seer death means 1 of 2 things

Hoax like others are saying

Katie was the seer

I find the latter hard to believe but ya never know. Assuming the former is the reason for now.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Well I hate to say I told you so but...

giphy.gif

It appears our seer has gotten out of jail, so crack the brewskies and listen to this jam:

I dig ya.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I like it, but this is much better for the car imo.

Oooh I love me some intravenous fluids in the morning.
    Makes me too warm and effects my vision though. Is this the correct thread?

Youve nothing to gain from being coy about it, give us what information you have

Riona WW wrote: »
    Votes for Katie : Wendy , Gertie, Brendan , Derry Wendy

Guys Katie and Mary spoke a fair bit about the quiz and a bit about the Irene role... post 256 was interesting and I would hazard a guess that the Irene talk could be related.

Frank actually thought these two were on a team and even mentioned it on post 82.

All three of these are dead!

Mary was very active in the quiz and I didn’t see Derry interact too much directly with her. Considering he was very involved in the quizzing I found it odd.

Wendy mocked Mary’s quiz answer post 210 (just noting for referenance)- Wendy’s Jeff mistake is odd but I’m sort of not sure what it could mean.

Orlas interactions with Mary were all fun or Jokes or agreeing

She had some interactions with me about the quiz (post 329, 335 and 341). Some of it was to do with my theory on wolves maybe being involved in the hospital stuff. That was 45 mins before lynch. I’m a bit all over the place in these villages so if there was something to it Mary is a more cohesive target.

Oddly enough two of her last posts were just minutes before she was killed. Speaking with Derry about the Irene role, actually insinuating that derrys post 362 was suspect. What was odd was that Mary practically warned the sk on post 275 about having time to not overlap with the wolves and I felt derrys 362 was sort of a similar warning. Not sure what that means.

She had mentioned the night before that she thinks Irene’s strategy would be to cut loose asap and leave messsges (like 362). But she did say that she didn’t think Derry was a wolf. But this post would prob of been too late for wolves to change a munch if Derry was a wolf... this post 362 is what really is very odd to me and I would love to hear Derry explain it.

An odd post was in response to Brendan on 379. Brendan asked to be healed (what was that about when there were 4 in hospital and no obvious ramifications) and Mary said “Derry says I am not to”

I think she only had 3 Nigel interactions that I have noted. Challanging her thoughts on quiz (post 220), discussing Irene’s role post 247 and saying in her final post 388 that she thought wolves might be involved in hospital play.

Doris had a bit of a bite at Mary suggesting she had a backroom. Post 278-285

An interesting post was 277. “So many random thanks”. Doris had thanked Derry. Barbara had thanked Nigel. Katie had also thanked Nigel.

Sorry Riona, but...

giphy.gif

Jeff was a wolf.

So what’s the crack with the sk?
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    was jeff frank or katie?
    probably katie..

wolves on counter wagon.
    I don’t know?

I was saying Jeff was a wolf in her story and then she changed to naming the sk..

sk I presume killed frank so what’s the story with the story?
    only two ways u know jeff is dead, so not looking good for you :(

I don't get this interaction?

Des, are you saying Riona's spewed Frank/Katie as a dead wolf brother with the use of the word 'was'?

Did you follow up on this? I shall keep reading but wanted to note this. Not much to catch up on it has to be said.

I get that and had considered it. Did Wendy actually give her own response?

I mean I typed “Jeff was a wolf” in wendys original reveal but I now see why Dessie was saying. If I was the seer I would potentially know that Katie “was” a wolf/Jeff and as such the wolves would know that and if Katie was Jeff I’m dead...

Well if it’s any worth I’m not the seer and I’m not claiming I’m the seer. If the wolves want to take a bite go ahead. Release me from these shackles ....
    oh, lol thats a 3rd way, i was thinking the two more traditional ways,

buddy or priest.
    I’m Not claiming I’m Katie’s buddy or a priest either ....

giphy.gif

It’s like you are seasoning me up for a morning munch ....
    Well, the wolves will know if jeff is gone or not.
    if he is gone and u are not buddy, well. either they munch you for having that knowledge or they might take a gamble that...
    if there is no pill tomorrow, village will ask how you knew and survived the munch. the wolves might gamble that we lynch you ourselves.
    if jeff is alive, then why would you be munched?

is that seasoning enough?

Ah ok, so it's fleshed out. Still would like an explanation.

Why did you say Jeff 'WAS' a wolf, Riona? Seems like accidental spew to me.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Youve nothing to gain from being coy about it, give us what information you have

Lying here surrounded by machines and the like beep beep beep

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Hey Riona.

I've not missed your comments on me overnight. (I have to admit, I completly missed that you voted for me, since I actually didn't even check to see if I had recieved votes.....)

I've got a busy-ish morning so it might be post munch before I respond though. But I will respond.

As I said Derry that post pre munch yesterday was really odd and to be totally honest my first instinct was wolf message like Mary suggested (but she did also say she thought you were good).

Since I went through Mary’s posts I noticed you pop up in some Odd ways like I mentioned but that could be me tunneling you so again my vote was to help discussions.

Since quick eye Dessie spotted a use of phrase that could be considered an error I’m in the dock on that and if Jeff is dead may die at the munch this morning. That’s ok cause I’m not the seer or priest and there is nothing to be read into that if I do die.

I am curious why Dessie voted for Clodagh when she hasn’t been on his two lists :

Night 0
    If i was the vig i'd shoot wendy.
    if i was the bg, i'd protect derry.
    if i was the seer, i'd peek katie.

Good night.

And Dessie knows what like to say something he didn’t mean so he’s holding me to an awfully high standard of account when you consider he corrected Winifred for Wendy on that list . Considering he has put in a strong defence for Wendy it’s interesting that he accidentally put her name down first. Almost as if part of his plan was to protect Wendy...

Then during the day we get color coded insinuations
    #FFA1

Slot CYAN:
    I see that there may be a wolf in here, but only 1 wolf, if any.
    Gabriel WW - not w/w with clodagh
    Clodagh WW - not w/w with gabs.

Slot MAGENTA
    Doris WW - misinformation about Moriarty

Slot LILAC
    Katie WW - where's our credit?

My slots are not numbered and should not be read with any preference to order.

No mention of Liam or Winifred in that list and yet they are on both his if “I was” lists.

Night 1 (after voting Clodagh)
    If i was the vig i'd shoot Winifred.
    if i was the bg, i'd protect Wendy.
    if i was the seer, i'd peek Liam.

It’s just odd that Dessie has gone out of his way to name very specific people and then doesn’t bother voting for a person on that list. He also has completely different color coded list to the one he has on his “if I was” lost...

Grand...... any other patients

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Ideally you would just say yes I am in hospital and let the village know anything else pertinent.

Is it like yesterday, nothing affecting you other than you being told your in hospital. Do you know if others are there like they did yesterday (might have just been a mod mailing mistake)?

Riona wrote:
    Since quick eye Dessie spotted a use of phrase that could be considered an error I’m in the dock on that and if Jeff is dead may die at the munch this morning. That’s ok cause I’m not the seer or priest and there is nothing to be read into that if I do die.

Could be considered an error or was an error/mistake?

Odd wording here again imo. If as you say your not the Priest or Seer then surely the only other way you would know if a wolf had died would be if you yourself were one unless it was a mistake but oddly you choose to only say it could be considered one.

Ah ok, so it's fleshed out. Still would like an explanation.

Why did you say Jeff 'WAS' a wolf, Riona? Seems like accidental spew to me.

I explained it.
    Jeff was a wolf.

So what’s the crack with the sk?

It was a very quick response and I spent most the time finding the quotes. Should of written Jeff is a wolf or if Jeff was a wolf ... I’m not the first to make an error so why not read my post on Dessie and if I make it past munch we can take it from there.

Incidentally if I do die I’d like Dessie to answer my above post.

Also I am curious if Wendy was allowed to post on thread before making a decision with the pill. If so why didn’t you let the village help? Also adds more credibility if another person can corroborate the story.

I also noticed we had 25 non anons starting the game but I didn’t think there was that many playing. I think one or two extra accounts could be in play.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Ideally you would just say yes I am in hospital and let the village know anything else pertinent.

Is it like yesterday, nothing affecting you other than you being told your in hospital. Do you know if others are there like they did yesterday (might have just been a mod mailing mistake)?

Odd wording here again imo. If as you say your not the Priest or Seer then surely the only other way you would know if a wolf had died would be if you yourself were one unless it was a mistake but oddly you choose to only say it could be considered one.
    If steve knows of others he should keep them to himself.

Well until they come out first and he can confirm

Much earlier trip this time tho

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

You been hospitalised? Can you see who else got the message?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    You been hospitalised? Can you see who else got the message?

That's not me asking you to reveal them btw, just a question.

• Advertisement

Much earlier trip this time tho

What do you mean, Jesus would it kill you to not br vague

Riona WW wrote:
    It was a very quick response and I spent most the time finding the quotes. Should of written Jeff is a wolf or if Jeff was a wolf ... I’m not the first to make an error so why not read my post on Dessie and if I make it past munch we can take it from there.

Fair enough, I know how annoying it is to be pulled up on phrasing.

Pass no heed is an Irish phrase where I'm from.

Also a racehorse. (Not letting this go, Gab)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I also noticed we had 25 non anons starting the game but I didn’t think there was that many playing. I think one or two extra accounts could be in play.

I have verified this and you appear to be correct. We had 23 people sign up and have 25 anon accounts.

Abigail WW wrote: »

Fine fine fine. I messed up on the phrasing. I’m not a wolf or seer or priest. But put that’s aside until after munch anyways cause if Jeff was Katie I’m dead at 10.

Dessie has been attacking me for making a mistake. Yet he’s putting in a staunch defence of Wendy for making a similarly big gaff. And his lists of people he would kill or peak doesn’t match up with his color coded list or him choosing Clodagh on vote.

Do an advanced Search Desmond WW and Clodagh and you see practically nothing in the way of him suspecting her. The first time he even mentions her is on his color coded list thing but no explanation...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Fair enough, I know how annoying it is to be pulled up on phrasing.

Pass no heed is an Irish phrase where I'm from.

Also a racehorse. (Not letting this go, Gab)

Pass no heed

Pay the salt

Whatever Orls

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

As I said Derry that post pre munch yesterday was really odd and to be totally honest my first instinct was wolf message like Mary suggested (but she did also say she thought you were good).

Since I went through Mary’s posts I noticed you pop up in some Odd ways like I mentioned but that could be me tunneling you so again my vote was to help discussions.

I feel as if I was going to send a secret message to other wolves, it would be something a whole lot more subtle than what I posted tbh. That post was posted shortly after I found out I was hospitalized, but before I knew others were too. In that context, does it make more sense to you?

For what its worth, I'm not buying Dessie's stuff bout you, and I'd think Wendy's story stinks a whole lot more than yours.

Reading back over your previous posts, another thing I saw you mention was the bit about there being some interesting "Thanks". I'd say that was more a reference to someone, not saying who, accidently thanking a post with their mask a little loose :pac:

Tegan WW wrote: »
    What do you mean, Jesus would it kill you to not br vague

It might. Im waiting to see who else comes forward with a hospitalisation claim.

Derry WW wrote:
    Reading back over your previous posts, another thing I saw you mention was the bit about there being some interesting "Thanks". I'd say that was more a reference to someone, not saying who, accidently thanking a post with their mask a little loose

Yeah I saw those too, that's why I kind of brushed it aside tbh.

Fine fine fine. I messed up on the phrasing. I’m not a wolf or seer or priest. But put that’s aside until after munch anyways cause if Jeff was Katie I’m dead at 10.

Dessie has been attacking me for making a mistake. Yet he’s putting in a staunch defence of Wendy for making a similarly big gaff. And his lists of people he would kill or peak doesn’t match up with his color coded list or him choosing Clodagh on vote.

Do an advanced Search Desmond WW and Clodagh and you see practically nothing in the way of him suspecting her. The first time he even mentions her is on his color coded list thing but no explanation...

Glad you at least confirmed it was a mistake, whether people accept that or not is another thing which could depend on if someone else makes a gaf meaning people have something more solid to focus on but yeah I'd like if Des responded to your query too and explained his peek/protect/kill suggestions.

I feel requesting a peek be it for yourself or someone else stands out in a game were someone could peek good when bad (Adler) or bad when good (Mycroft).

• Advertisement

It might. Im waiting to see who else comes forward with a hospitalisation claim.

Who else would suggest you are officially in hospital. yay for semantics :pac:

Advertisement