Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mad muffin wrote: »
    Is €266 an okay price for a 44mm? Thinking of selling it.

If I was buying I’d consider that a good price to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mad muffin wrote: »
    Yeah. 6 months old. CEX are offering that for it. I know I could get a bit more on adverts. But adverts is such a hassle.

Irish or Us model?
    US model and I'll take it off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Blazer wrote: »
    Irish or Us model?
    US model and I'll take it off you.

Irish sorry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Black or silver?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

eeloe wrote: »
    Black or silver?

It’s the space grey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ECG Might be coming soon

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-12-2-suggests-ecg-app-may-be-coming-to-uk-and-other-european-countries-with-watchos-5-2.2174853/

Although I didn't get any of the stuff they mentioned when I updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

ECG Might be coming soon

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-12-2-suggests-ecg-app-may-be-coming-to-uk-and-other-european-countries-with-watchos-5-2.2174853/

Although I didn't get any of the stuff they mentioned when I updated.

I think it won't get enabled until the watch gets its update later in the week possibly

Razor Russ wrote: »
    I think it won't get enabled until the watch gets its update later in the week possibly

Sorry, I meant the 12.2 update for the phone. The report says some people are seeing mentions of ECG in the health and watch apps on the phone in 12.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Sorry, I meant the 12.2 update for the phone. The report says some people are seeing mentions of ECG in the health and watch apps on the phone in 12.2

Yeah, I don't have the updates they mention either, I'm gonna see if one of the forums has answers, it says 'some' people have gotten the updates..... fingers crossed now...

https://www.cultofmac.com/614852/apple-watch-ecg-could-soon-be-available-in-europe/

lots of news available at the moment.... nothing definite yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Am I right in the understanding that the apple watch 4 that you can buy in Ireland now has ECG capability but it just hasn't been enabled?

Am I right in the understanding that the apple watch 4 that you can buy in Ireland now has ECG capability but it just hasn't been enabled?

That’s my understanding. Seems that it can be enabled by a software update. Whether that happens for us with the upcoming watch OS update or a later one, we’ll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It’s been reported on reddit that the latest beta enables ECG for UK watches. So probably enabled for EU watches?
    Anyone running the latest beta?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/b65tui/well_that_was_unexpected_beta_52_user_prior_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Apparently its coming today with ECG in the EU

https://9to5mac.com/2019/03/27/watchos-5-2-arriving-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Ireland's on the list for Low & high heart rate notification, but not irregular heartbeat or ecg

OU812 wrote: »
    Ireland's on the list for Low & high heart rate notification, but not irregular heartbeat or ecg

I don't think they have updated that page yet

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Ireland is included in the press release

Now if one of the phone companies would just get the finger out and support e-sims for cellular

Update is available now

Rew wrote: »
    Update is available now

Downloading it at the moment, but there is no ECG showing on the phone with 12.2 :(

Its on my watch!!!

• Advertisement

All updated and works as you expect, I have a heartbeat apparently.

n9YrEhsm.png

Downloading it at the moment, but there is no ECG showing on the phone with 12.2 :(

Its managed in the phone via the Health App

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Really surprised this was rolled out to so many countries and so fast. I never expected this to come to Ireland so quickly, if at all.

It’s crazy how it’s easier to work with banks and banking regulators to get Apple Pay here and health regulations to get the ecg certified but they never managed to work out the rights to get TV shows on the iTunes Store.

Now if they could pull the same move and bring the Apple Card to Ireland that would be welcome.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Really surprised this was rolled out to so many countries and so fast. I never expected this to come to Ireland so quickly, if at all.

The benefits of being in the EU, they got a CE mark for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DubDJ wrote: »

It’s crazy how it’s easier to work with banks and banking regulators to get Apple Pay here and health regulations to get the ecg certified but they never managed to work out the rights to get TV shows on the iTunes Store.

Now if they could pull the same move and bring the Apple Card to Ireland that would be welcome.

People always think that Ireland gets things last but it's just not true.

Also, the TV iTunes thing is a different matter and a consequence of how the entertainment industry is so complex and protectorate with its licensing practices and not a reflection on Apple.

The ECG feature is a strong selling point for me but offline spotify would put it over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The ECG feature is a strong selling point for me but offline spotify would put it over the top.

Is the issue down to Spotify being lazy or apple wanting ppl to use native music app?

Edit: I see Pandora released app to work offline so I guess then its just Spotify being lazy asses :P

Pandora beats Spotify to offline playback on the Apple Watch

Is the issue down to Spotify being lazy or apple wanting ppl to use native music app?

No idea but it would be a gamechanger when going for a run.

Is it cumbersome to put mp3s on an apple watch? What is the storage capacity of the series 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I’m not sure there is a way to add music to the Apple Watch unless you do so though iTunes. Maybe there’s a third-party app that offers that functionality.

Adding music from iTunes is really simple though, literally just selecting the albums/playlists you want to add though the Watch app and it all syncs automatically after that.

• Advertisement

I burned all my cd's to my macbook, and then just choose the ones for the watch, it has 16gb of memory, I just checked, I've used less than 3gb, but i use the phone for music mainly.

Advertisement