Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Cyrus wrote: »
    just go into activity on your phone and look at workouts, all the info from your run should be there

i find overcast better for the podcast syncing personally

Perfect ill try overcast.

I did that with regard to activity and nothing tracked on the map.

eUWIVFc.png

14pk2yS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats odd, not sure whats happening there, is gps enabled on the watch?

thats odd, not sure whats happening there, is gps enabled on the watch?

I'm almost certain it is. I'll double check and come back to you.

Edit : I checked location services and turned off and back on. I’ll test it again in the next couple of days

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm almost certain it is. I'll double check and come back to you.

Edit : I checked location services and turned off and back on. I’ll test it again in the next couple of days

Test it now.
    Tell it your going for a run and just walk around the office.

kceire wrote: »
    Test it now.
    Tell it your going for a run and just walk around the office.

Still no joy. I have screenshot the locations services on my phone, maybe you can spot something :confused:

NZjuLxz.png

OavGRxl.png

eiiTTw6.png

4Zfxqfp.png

zjfMJyr.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The above screens all seem to be settings related to your iPhone rather than the watch itself. Are you sure your watch has GPS built-in? What model do you own? Also, on the watch itself go to Settings > General > Location Services and see if it's enabled there.

DubDJ wrote: »
    The above screens all seem to be settings related to your iPhone rather than the watch itself. Are you sure your watch has GPS built-in? What model do you own? Also, on the watch itself go to Settings > General > Location Services and see if it's enabled there.

Its an A1978 & I have the location services enabled on watch.

I'm flummoxed :confused:

BSd9YnF.png

4kuyQep.png

Ok update.

I tested again without my phone but waited until out of range from phone before starting workout on the app and it tracked the map route.

Is that normal the it only works when you are it if range from the phone before you start workout ?

Ok update.

I tested again without my phone but waited until out of range from phone before starting workout on the app and it tracked the map route.

Is that normal the it only works when you are it if range from the phone before you start workout ?

Don't mind my stupid posts. I have since realized that once the watch is untethered from the phone it will work perfect tracking workouts and routes.

Thinking back it makes sense as each time I started in the range of phone it obviously still thinks the phone is tracking you, therefore, no movement on the map :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

How do I get podcasts on my Apple Watch?! I’ve read that podcasts which are downloaded to the phone will sync onto the watch when it’s charging (I want to have podcasts on my watch when I’m out for a run and don’t have the phone with me). But nothing is syncing across for me. I’ve tried it a good few times :(. Just to add, on the podcast setting for the phone, I’ve tried both options for the type of podcasts to add (listen now/custom).

ETA: just realised I posted this in the Series 4 thread. It’s actuallt a Series 3 watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I'm not sure if it works for the series 3, but the only way podcasts would sync to my watch was if I also 'subscribed' to that podcast, not just downloaded it, then it synced, I actually spent about 2 hours on the phone with an apple rep, running through various methods, and she said it was something she was unaware of as well, so she made a note of it to be forwarded to her colleagues.

I'm not sure if it works for the series 3, but the only way podcasts would sync to my watch was if I also 'subscribed' to that podcast, not just downloaded it, then it synced, I actually spent about 2 hours on the phone with an apple rep, running through various methods, and she said it was something she was unaware of as well, so she made a note of it to be forwarded to her colleagues.

I’m already subscribed to a few show, and I’ve their podcasts downloaded to my phone, but they just won’t sync. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I’m already subscribed to a few show, and I’ve their podcasts downloaded to my phone, but they just won’t sync. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Try overcast the official app isn't the best to sync

+1 for overcast. It's excellent for syncing compared to Apple Podcasts and now I used it as my main podcast player instead of iCatcher

+1 for overcast. It's excellent for syncing compared to Apple Podcasts and now I used it as my main podcast player instead or iCatcher

I just downloaded Overcast so will give it a try later on, thanks lads. It's still very frustrating that I couldn't get the default OS podcast player to work though

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The official podcast app is pretty poor to be honest.

folks is there any way to set a weekly workout target in the activity app? id like to set a 20k per week running target

If anyone looking for screen protectors I got these on Amazon and it's virtually invisible. Installation is pretty easy too

lTLd4Y0.jpg

OS 5.1.3 was released yesterday. There is nothing of note in it, just bug fixes it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Any news on the ecg front?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

mad muffin wrote: »
    Any news on the ecg front?

My guess is that we’ll have cellular here, long long before the ecg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ha. You’re not wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why? What actually has to happen.

Approval by a medical board like the Irish Medical Council or some EU Body?

Also, do people really care about cellular? Only time I don't have my phone is when I go out for a run and I don't want annoying calls or notifications then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also, do people really care about cellular? Only time I don't have my phone is when I go out for a run and I don't want annoying calls or notifications then.

I see it as a nice to have rather than a must have. Other than that I only see it being used in emergency type situations (I.e you fall whilst out running and can’t make it back home). Whilst those times are very limited I bet if I was in the scenario I’d like cellular to be there.

I also don’t see ECG and cellular being in competition with each other. ECG requires regulatory approval whereas cellular requires regulatory and telcos to play ball. We all know which Apple would have move push and shove over.

I see it as a nice to have rather than a must have. Other than that I only see it being used in emergency type situations (I.e you fall whilst out running and can’t make it back home). Whilst those times are very limited I bet if I was in the scenario I’d like cellular to be there.

I also don’t see ECG and cellular being in competition with each other. ECG requires regulatory approval whereas cellular requires regulatory and telcos to play ball. We all know which Apple would have move push and shove over.

Your example is highly improbable and would not be required for most people. I just wouldn't think it's worth the extra expense of the watch and mobile provider costs to justify it.
    If you fall you can always get help from somebody unless out trail running in the mountains or something.

I have the S4 since launch and at no stage have I thought: if only this were cellular.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Your example is highly improbable and would not be required for most people. I just wouldn't think it's worth the extra expense of the watch and mobile provider costs to justify it.
    If you fall you can always get help from somebody unless out trail running in the mountains or something.

I have the S4 since launch and at no stage have I thought: if only this were cellular.

True, perhaps we're the wrong people though.

I could see cellular being useful for those who have disabilities but want to remain independent. Again not something that affects you or I day to day...

Another way to look at it is the iPad and iPad with cellular. Being able to personal hotspot and a Wifi iPad suit the majority of folk, but for everyone else there's a cellular version. I'm guessing there's obviously a market there for these cellular devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’d love a cellular version and have been crying out for one since day 1. I don’t want to lug around a xs max while exercising. Much handier to stream from the watch for Apple Music etc

Blazer wrote: »
    I’d love a cellular version and have been crying out for one since day 1. I don’t want to lug around a xs max while exercising. Much handier to stream from the watch for Apple Music etc

You can store plenty of music on the watch. I listen to music when exercising and just select what I want before going out. Works fine.

Cellular will most likely add €120 a year to your mobile bill when available and I don't think it's worth that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You can store plenty of music on the watch. I listen to music when exercising and just select what I want before going out. Works fine.

Cellular will most likely add €120 a year to your mobile bill when available and I don't think it's worth that.

Yeah but I don’t want to dickin around with having to configure music. Then again I’m not on call anymore so I could always leave my phone behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For anyone interested, Argos are selling off the red 42mm Apple Watch strap for €38.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7592580/Trail/searchtext%3EAPPLE+WATCH.htm

Advertisement