Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Took me 20 minutes but finally did the same.

Lads, anyone use Nedved?

Del Piero is causing me all sorts of issues in terms of team building, and having had decent pack luck this morning, I'm tempted to shift him into Nedved, who'd at least give me a better option for my "All Icon Team".

What’s your team like now? You got butra after packing an icon in the luiz sbc didn’t you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    What’s your team like now? You got butra after packing an icon in the luiz sbc didn’t you?

Yeah.

I've not settled yet on what I'm doing tomorrow.

A 4-2-3-1 lets me play everyone...
    Best
    Zola - Butra - Del Piero
    Keane - Luiz

But I've not been massively fond of wide CAMs this year. Feels like they get taken out of the game a bit.

Two up front tends to do me better, so I'm looking at....
    Butra - Best
    Del Piero
    Zola - Keane - Zakaria

But then Zola is stuck in center mid. Keane and Zakaria give him license to roam, and try to use his passing and long shots to be my midfield playmaker. But it feels like forcing him in for the sake of it.

4-2-2-2 is the other option, but I get the 4-2-3-1 problem again; wide CAMs.

I could drop Del Piero to the bench, move Zola up to CAM. But having a bench Icon feels a waste.

Why I'm looking at Nedved is then I could run a version of....
    Butra
    Nedved
    Zola
    Best
    Keane - Zakaria

Which keeps everyone on max chem. Could do 4-2-4, 4-4-2, 4-3-3s and so on. Nedved might give me more flexibility than Del Piero.

(Mind, I'm aware this is a good complaint to have)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah.

I've not settled yet on what I'm doing tomorrow.

A 4-2-3-1 lets me play everyone...
    Best
    Zola - Butra - Del Piero
    Keane - Luiz

But I've not been massively fond of wide CAMs this year. Feels like they get taken out of the game a bit.

Two up front tends to do me better, so I'm looking at....
    Butra - Best
    Del Piero
    Zola - Keane - Zakaria

But then Zola is stuck in center mid. Keane and Zakaria give him license to roam, and try to use his passing and long shots to be my midfield playmaker. But it feels like forcing him in for the sake of it.

4-2-2-2 is the other option, but I get the 4-2-3-1 problem again; wide CAMs.

I could drop Del Piero to the bench, move Zola up to CAM. But having a bench Icon feels a waste.

Why I'm looking at Nedved is then I could run a version of....
    Butra
    Nedved
    Zola
    Best
    Keane - Zakaria

Which keeps everyone on max chem. Could do 4-2-4, 4-4-2, 4-3-3s and so on. Nedved might give me more flexibility than Del Piero.

(Mind, I'm aware this is a good complaint to have)

It’s certainly a nice complaint to have, option 3 with nedved looks very nice indeed.
    And I’m with you on the wide cam’s def feel like they go missing a bit so I’m stuck in my 4-1-2-1-2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hoping they release nothing today so I can stock up on all high rated cards after the Base Icon SBC expires. Have a feeling if they drop nothing tonight that next Friday could be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

redeemed the WL points for this weekend, not sure how much ill get to play as im down home but my goal will be to get enough points to go back in next time i fancy it, if i dont get to play at all it could be the end of Fifa for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Decided not to play fc this weekend.

What a relief...

Gonna have some life this weekend and enjoy the weather :)

wonski wrote: »
    Decided not to play fc this weekend.

What a relief...

Gonna have some life this weekend and enjoy the weather :)

Good shout.

Servers gone down again, my opponent had just quit, before I got to the result screen it kicked me out. Don’t think I’ll get the win.
    Blazer was onto something deleting his team, this is farcical every week.

Good shout.

Servers gone down again, my opponent had just quit, before I got to the result screen it kicked me out. Don’t think I’ll get the win.

Back in now, it actually gave me the loss.
    He had already quit! Joke of a game, logging out now before I delete my team too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Hoping they release nothing today so I can stock up on all high rated cards after the Base Icon SBC expires. Have a feeling if they drop nothing tonight that next Friday could be huge.

I think they are releasing the 2nd set of icons and probably a primer icon sbc tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Can't believe Leverkusen went out of the EL last night, was hoping for that Tah card to get an upgrade!

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I think they are releasing the 2nd set of icons and probably a primer icon sbc tonight.

That's the rumour on Twitter but usually when everyone expects something big EA throw a curveball.

That's the rumour on Twitter but usually when everyone expects something big EA throw a curveball.

It would be the smart play, bleed everyone of their 85s, 86s, 87s, 88s with baby icon sbc then, bam, prime icon sbc and everyone buys packs to replenish stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Good shout.

I half regret it but with 6 months remaining that’s probably another €600 I’d spend on it. Money I can put elsewhere but more importantly time to do stuff I enjoy.

Blazer wrote: »
    I half regret it but with 6 months remaining that’s probably another €600 I’d spend on it. Money I can put elsewhere but more importantly time to do stuff I enjoy.

I think you made the right call, I’m not brave enough to do it myself, I’m too far invested time wise into fifa 19, my end game has always been to get to R9 and gullit again so I want to get that but then realistically it’s only 2/3 months with them before the cycle starts all over again and I just can’t see myself starting from scratch again in fifa 20.
    They need to sort the servers out, last week Friday and Saturday was like playing in mud, Sunday was brilliant.

Similar results everyday, not moaning there, just the gameplay being awful.
    Anyway, like you said the other day, it gives you time to do stuff you want, like play the guitar. You can come back fresh to fifa 20 and might enjoy it a lot more after the break.
    I’m on a day off work today and haven’t left the house yet because I’m trying to cram in games as I don’t think I’ll be able to play Sunday, remind yourself that you don’t have to deal with that now on your weekends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I think you made the right call, I’m not brave enough to do it myself, I’m too far invested time wise into fifa 19, my end game has always been to get to R9 and gullit again so I want to get that but then realistically it’s only 2/3 months with them before the cycle starts all over again and I just can’t see myself starting from scratch again in fifa 20.
    They need to sort the servers out, last week Friday and Saturday was like playing in mud, Sunday was brilliant.

Similar results everyday, not moaning there, just the gameplay being awful.
    Anyway, like you said the other day, it gives you time to do stuff you want, like play the guitar. You can come back fresh to fifa 20 and might enjoy it a lot more after the break.
    I’m on a day off work today and haven’t left the house yet because I’m trying to cram in games as I don’t think I’ll be able to play Sunday, remind yourself that you don’t have to deal with that now on your weekends :)

Instead of playing I went out for a walk, had a bit of shopping done and friend coming over later in the evening to watch Milan game (Piatek ;))

It's a relief. I can't let the game dictate my day any more. Not with those rewards :)

Will play rivals anyway, but with no pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I think the main problem with the game is it's just not enjoyable to play at any level of competitiveness. The bounces, the tackling, the shooting, there is nothing good about gameplay this year which would make you want to play more.

Apex and such have that appeal of making you want to play just 1 more game, I don't know anyone who gets that with UT.

The game dies at this stage every year because the content dries up and reveals how truly awful the game actually is.

wonski wrote: »
    Instead of playing I went out for a walk, had a bit of shopping done and friend coming over later in the evening to watch Milan game (Piatek ;))

It's a relief. I can't let the game dictate my day any more. Not with those rewards :)

Will play rivals anyway, but with no pressure.

Sounds good. I think I’ll only play every second weekend for a bit, I took some breaks over December as didn’t want to be spending the Christmas build up stuck into fifa and actually found it a bit more enjoyable when I went back after the breather.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I packed Piatek OTW, should I recycle or hold onto him?

RossieMan wrote: »
    I think the main problem with the game is it's just not enjoyable to play at any level of competitiveness. The bounces, the tackling, the shooting, there is nothing good about gameplay this year which would make you want to play more.

Apex and such have that appeal of making you want to play just 1 more game, I don't know anyone who gets that with UT.

The game dies at this stage every year because the content dries up and reveals how truly awful the game actually is.

That’s it exactly there, it’s been a good while since I played fifa and thought “ok, I have to play another game”, it’s always a case of “ok, I’ll get 1 more game out of the way” as if it’s a chore rather than enjoyment.
    I did actually look forward to trying out the new players I got this week but that enjoyment quickly wears off when you win 2-0 and it’s counted as a loss.

Yeah, I'm certainly in the "Gotta play my 30 games or I can't play next week!" camp, which I get is Stockholm syndrome, rather than "play to enjoy". There's not much else out right now though to tear me away.

3-4 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

playing a lot of apex myself during the week, just been playing enough games to finish gold 3 for the rivals rewards... going to try cram in games this weekend for the weekend league but if this weather holds up there wont be a chance of getting 30 in.

as people are saying i love getting on for some sqauds in apex and having the craic where as fifa is a chore.

Fut champions cup is starting in Atalanta at 4, I picked up 20 rare golds from Atalanta for 850 Incase they do an sbc like the Romanian one

Fut champions cup is starting in Atalanta at 4, I picked up 20 rare golds from Atalanta for 850 Incase they do an sbc like the Romanian one

They did an sbc but just requires mls players, not specific to Atalanta.

Great value in it, it’s a 55k pack and you can do it for less than 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

its basically a free pack. Got the 84 rated french IF keeper from it, fairly decent.

its basically a free pack. Got the 84 rated french IF keeper from it, fairly decent.

You beat me by one, I got an 83 French keeper!

But yeah, super value in it. Someone will pack something big at a cost of 10k max

7-1 at the moment, Ronaldo doing well with 7 goals and 5 assists in 8.

Gonna craft that pack now and wait till 6 to open it incase something new comes out, bound to pack Prime Moment Gullit or the likes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

7-1 at the moment, Ronaldo doing well with 7 goals and 5 assists in 8.

Gonna craft that pack now and wait till 6 to open it incase something new comes out, bound to pack Prime Moment Gullit or the likes :pac:

You're gonna what what that pack? :o

Liamalone wrote: »
    You're gonna what what that pack? :o

As in do the SBC :pac:

I got ballotteli in my player picks this week.
    While I was checking totw for potential bargains I noticed balotelli was extinct, couldn’t figure it out.

I thought, he must be lethal if he’s extinct! Tried him out in 2 matches as a sub, dirt!!!!

Then it dawned on me, he’s extinct in totw cos he has a otw card :D

Edit: ok, not quite dirt, but I was expecting something special when he couldn’t be bought on the market haha

• Advertisement

8-7

Having one of those weeks where I’m just hating the game play. Cheesy goals, horrid bounces. Players feel slow and unresponsive. Randomly wandering off and not covering their positions.

I’ve conceded a bugger tone of goals from the corner of the Six yard box today.

Also worry that five of my eight wins were games where I scored quickly and the other guy quit out. Which means I’m not getting to enjoy games I’m winning. The majority of my games I’m getting to play are ones where I’m struggling.

Gonna grind out the last three wins tomorrow morning and walk away for the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement