Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

ionapaul wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the ticket office in the Sportsground will be open tomorrow? Want to head into town and pick up a ticket well ahead of the match.
    Buy online and you can then pick up ticket before kickoff from ticket office at main gate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

Bundee is just different class

• Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Kelleher showing why he's a dangerous attacker and a terrible defender in the space of 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Jack Carty putting on a clinic thus far

Mul, it's over
    Buer wrote: »
    Kelleher showing why he's a dangerous attacker and a terrible defender in the space of 2 minutes.

Think he has improved generally speaking but was poor for mcnicholl try alright

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Fabulous game of rugby here, Connacht playing terrific stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Bundee and farrell really do offer that much more in attack

• Registered Users Posts: 11,167 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    Fabulous game of rugby here, Connacht playing terrific stuff.

Defence much improved and playing percentages a bit better and not playing themselves into trouble

Mul, it's over
    Great half. Said it already but really impressed with Carty, haven't seen him play better 40 min than that. Varying attack, great kicks to touch, lovely hands, prob a bit over ambitious with cross field kick to kelleher. Centre partnership on fire. Defence looks too narrow at times would be main concern, marmion did brilliantly because that was almost certainly a try otherwise. Disappointing for Thornbury to go off so early but Dillane done well since he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

They butchered that try. Terrible hands on the lock. That's the sort of chance Connacht need to convert. Scarlets will punish you.

• Advertisement

Patchell carry that over?

That's fairly ridiculous tbh.

Nichol jumped into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,167 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    Clegg wrote: »
    That's fairly ridiculous tbh.

Nichol jumped into him.

Kelleher did tackle him though. I felt it should have been a 22

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just when we looked to have it wrapped up. Hope we don't get a repeat of the Glasgow game.

****e. Connacht really need to tighten up out wide although Scarlets are so good out there with their footwork and awareness.

Need another 3 pointer to secure it.

Brilliant score. Sean O'Brien. Remember the name.

That's brilliant.

Game over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    Serious work by O'Brien there.

Great result for Leinster and Ulster too.

Mul, it's over
    Brilliant match, brilliant win. Delighted.

I think the Scarlets have dropped sligjtly but regardless I believe Connacht are gonna be right in the mix for the playoffs.

They're going to be brimming with confidence for Leinster next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

1 point lost or 4 points won?
    I guess the latter. The team isn't well-oiled enough yet. Defense out wide is not good. LH subs aren't either (How did O'Donnell/Carey do vs Ospreys A??).
    But the rest looks good.
    It's gonna be a totally undicided 3-way battle for 1 and 1/2 spot between Connacht, Cardiff and Ospreys
    (a full-euro + Play-off spot, and a 50% european chance if we finish 4th)

Mul, it's over
    Small bit disappointed not to get the bp - little bit more clinical and it was available but an awful lot to be positive about. Blade and McCabe continuing to deliver is really positive, means Marmion and Buckley don't have to be flogged. Bench was very good tonight in general, Niyi looks sharp. Be a right dogfight when Sevu Reece arrives for back three spots. Scrum and lineout generally solid, thought Roux and O'Brien were very good. Carty exceptional in almost everything he did including goal kicking, if he can maintain that it could be a very good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Great result

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

Some Like It TOH
    And Joe was at the game this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Bundee may have got it but jack was motm for me. Another excellent game in apromising season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    I'm very happy after that. We played a totally different game to last weekend. I think we're learning and improving. I think that was jack's best game for us. I hope he can maintain this. I am disappointed that we didn't get the bonus point, we messed up twice in the second half where we should probably have scored. The only other thing that needs work are the restarts. We haven't been able to deal with them for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

lostboy75 wrote: »
    And Joe was at the game this evening.

Am sure he has got food for thought! Some great individual performances there,

Mul, it's over
    Was an interesting decision to go for posts with that penalty with just over ten to go and ten points ahead. Would be inclined to kick the corner because of the difficulty of the kick and the margin being ten already I think. Even if you don't score from the resulting lineout chances are you will kill another few minutes and give Scarlets the ball in their 22 still ten down. Worked out alright in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Bundee Aki and Connacht didn’t have the ideal pre-season relationship, with the centre’s return to New Zealand causing some disquiet. His return in Edinburgh last week brought a slight criticism from Friend, but any rustiness seems to have been left in Scotland as Aki lit the fuse for a terrific, energetic attacking display this evening.

http://www.the42.ie/connacht-scarlets-pro14-galway-match-report-4249694-Sep2018/

That's the second time the 42 have pushed this narrative which seems totally unfounded.

What are they at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

You've got a Friend in me
    Thought Marmion was brilliant -with McGrath and Cooney playing well he needed a big first start to the season, especially with Joe watching, and by gawd he delivered it. Tackled like a man possesed
    Jack is playing great rugby and I'm delighted for him - he is putting alot work in

The difference in the centre between this week's partnership Bundee-Farrell and last week's Godwin-Griffin is really night and day from an attacking POV

Roux, SOB, Findlay and Dillane had very busy days around the park
    Copeland looks promising but I'd be tempted to bench him and start Boyle against Leinster

McCoy and McCabe did well when they came on too which was good to see

Only downside is Thornbury looks like he has badly damaged his shoulder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement