Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

hankless wrote: »
    First timer this year - just wondering, after the main stage closes are there any djs playing on into the wee hours anywhere? Like Body & Soul, there's homegrown Irish djs playing in the woods till sunrise...

There was a very “interesting” DJ bus last year! Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

First timer this year - just wondering, after the main stage closes are there any djs playing on into the wee hours anywhere? Like Body & Soul, there's homegrown Irish djs playing in the woods till sunrise...

Arcadia certainly went on till late anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Arcadia & the Road to Nowhere tent (with the likes of Black Madonna) stayed going until 3.30am. Some other spots were between 2am and 3am, so plenty going on for the late night reveller.

I never stayed going longer than that, so not sure if there's anything there to push on through till dawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Have watched this five or six times already. Very excited to catch him now!

Neneh Cherry didn't do much for me in the short clip I saw, but was only one song, and Fontaines was a bit flat I thought. I'd say it's a lot more fun to see in person than on the TV, though.

Well worth it, he was phenomenal at Body&Soul last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brodudemanpal

Can the alcohol that you bring into the Campsite be brought into the main areas? Was a Body & Soul first timer this year and really appreciated that aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep

Can the alcohol that you bring into the Campsite be brought into the main areas? Was a Body & Soul first timer this year and really appreciated that aspect.

Free flow is the best concept ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brodudemanpal

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Free flow is the best concept ever!

Really didn't think it would improve my weekend as much as it did

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Really didn't think it would improve my weekend as much as it did

And the not having to queue to be searched every time you pass in and out of the arena..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

eplady2017 wrote: »
    And the not having to queue to be searched every time you pass in and out of the arena..

Yeah it makes life so much easier. Especially at ATN where it's nice and small so it doesn't take long to pop back to the tent to get more supplies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Toast

Did they half the can allowance? Looking back at last years chat and it was 48 cans back then.. now 24?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Yeah it makes life so much easier. Especially at ATN where it's nice and small so it doesn't take long to pop back to the tent to get more supplies.

+1

Have watched this five or six times already. Very excited to catch him now!

Neneh Cherry didn't do much for me in the short clip I saw, but was only one song, and Fontaines was a bit flat I thought. I'd say it's a lot more fun to see in person than on the TV, though.

Fontaine’s did come across as flat alright but consider the circumstances, Friday afternoon at 3:30 (has to be an awful time to be on stage imo but great number of people there) and it was a last minute call up to the John Peel tent where many wouldn’t have known them. Reading a review though it went down very well indeed and by the end there were many converts.

I learned how to install a VPN today for the first time (go me) now I’ve full access to the BBC iplayer now and therefore all sets at Glastonbury this weekend. Happy days...July’s viewing sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭mrk75

But...eh...how does anyone keep their cans cold? I mean, it's great to have that option and not to have to buy over-priced pints but I'd still have a cold pint over a warm can...surely the cool bag and ice-packs only last so long :confused:

Asking for a friend, obvs... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

mrk75 wrote: »
    But...eh...how does anyone keep their cans cold? I mean, it's great to have that option and not to have to buy over-priced pints but I'd still have a cold pint over a warm can...surely the cool bag and ice-packs only last so long :confused:

How do the snowflakes stay cold ……………………….. :rolleyes: :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

shop was selling ice last year, seemed to stock up each day

Wasn’t a problem for me. The cans stayed cool long enough.

We stuck three bags of ice into a cool box with about 12 of our cans on Friday lunchtime. Had a one can out - one can in policy all weekend (rotating from left to right so you knew where the cold ones were). Kept the cool box out of direct sunlight and only opened it when necessary. There were still a few nicely cold cans left in the bottom on Sunday AM that we donated to our mates as we were leaving!

We stuck three bags of ice into a cool box with about 12 of our cans on Friday lunchtime. Had a one can out - one can in policy all weekend (rotating from left to right so you knew where the cold ones were). Kept the cool box out of direct sunlight and only opened it when necessary. There were still a few nicely cold cans left in the bottom on Sunday AM that we donated to our mates as we were leaving!

uuuuggghhhh

why can't I be sitting in that field with a cooler full of cans

D.Q wrote: »
    uuuuggghhhh

why can't I be sitting in that field with a cooler full of cans

Watching Glastonbury all weekend didn't help....But just over a month to go before we'll be settling into that all important first can of the festival!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Cooler bags are what I used last year. Sponges soaked in water and then frozen work pretty well instead of freezer blocks. They do still melt pretty quick but you can buy ice in Centra (pricey though).

Otherwise it's some nice mild cans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭mrk75

Clearly a pro... :D

That's sound advice. Nice one...

Clearly a pro... :D

That's sound advice. Nice one...

Just a chap who enjoys a cold frothy one at breakfast! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jellybeano

Just back from kaleidoscope with the kiddos. We decided to splash out on a 5 day cool box on wheels from an Irish camping shop online. It’s amazing!

We had *freezing* cold drinks till today - Monday 😱 you have to put frozen things in it a few days in advance to kinda charge it up and build up the cold. We just used frozen water bottles.

Totally worth it! Looking forward to giving it another airing at ATN. Last year was scorchio. All my ice had melted by the time I got back to the campsite 😎😎😎

jellybeano wrote: »
    Just back from kaleidoscope with the kiddos. We decided to splash out on a 5 day cool box on wheels from an Irish camping shop online. It’s amazing!

We had *freezing* cold drinks till today - Monday 😱 you have to put frozen things in it a few days in advance to kinda charge it up and build up the cold. We just used frozen water bottles.

Totally worth it! Looking forward to giving it another airing at ATN. Last year was scorchio. All my ice had melted by the time I got back to the campsite 😎😎😎

Would you have a link by any chance please? Sounds ideal.

http://vod.rockwerchter.be/nl/39214

3 songs from The Murder Capital @ Rock Werchter

Gives a good sample of what they're all about.

Very committed to those suits. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Maybe something like these?
    https://www.omearacamping.com/5-7-day-ice-boxes-243-c.asp

They seem to be cheaper on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Igloo-34067-Maxcold-Quantum-Coolbox/dp/B01B4PAX9M?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_5
    And Prime day in two weeks might be cheaper again.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/slp/camping-cool-box/prck7n8obawp6ga

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jellybeano

https://www.omearacamping.com/52-qtz-cooler-box---maxcold-quantum-52---5-day-cooler-7153-p.asp

Aw the price has gone up. Pity. We got it last week for €99.

They really do work though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Will bring a few tasty beers but what beers will they have on tap?
    Any chance of something crafty, especially with all the lovely Irish acts, some Irish beers to go with them would be icing on the cake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Will bring a few tasty beers but what beers will they have on tap?
    Any chance of something crafty, especially with all the lovely Irish acts, some Irish beers to go with them would be icing on the cake!

There was no craft on the main bars IIRC, but there was an area down on the lawns at the back of the house had a craft beer bar. Don't remember what was on exactly but I think they had Dungarvan and Wicklow Wolf. I don't remember the price being extortionate for a festival either.

Advertisement