Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭whelzer

maximoose wrote: »
    Great weekend overall.

Highlights:
    Gus Dapperton - want him back in Dub asap!

I was lucky it seems not to have been caught up in the general car park fiasco on Friday.

I caught first 20 mins of Gus - he was on my hmmm/maybe list.
    Thought he was appalling, lowlight of the weekend! Horses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Had a wonderful weekend overall. Didn't attend last year so can't make any comparisons.

Highlights of the weekend include Soup's Fullee Love Collective on the roots stage on Sunday night, everyone loving the heavy rain at the Wailers and gawking at Black Midi's drummer. Junior Brother was amazing as always. Had never seen Orbital before so really enjoyed them. Fontaines were good I thought, though I only arrived at the second half of their set and was wandering around the crowd looking for pals for most of it. Couldn't hack being in the big tent for Kiasmos/Jon Hopkins when they were on but enjoyed them while chilling outside. Had a nice lie on the grass listening to SOAK on Sunday afternoon. Blindboy's brunch was a bit of craic. The Lords of Lightning thing was quite the spectacle too.

I didn't encounter any traffic issues either way, didn't leave Dublin until about 6pm and was going to the red gate, and came arseways from the West of Wateford so didn't hit any traffic. The weather was fairly typical of an Irish festival in my opinion, have definitely seen way way worse many times. The rain never really stuck around too long and there was some great spells of sunshine. Toilets were standard for me too. I did camp in Both Sides Now which had a good bit of space.

There seemed to be very little incentive to go down by the house, which was a shame as it was very lovely any time I wandered down. Don't think I made it to the Sim Simma place once as I wasn't entirely sure how to get there. A lot of the food vendors seemed to have run out of stuff on Sunday, and the food I did end up going for was usually poor enough. Can also definitely attest to lots of the stewards/transport staff not knowing what was going on. It seemed like no one was properly briefed or given a spec on how to get around the site.

The kind of vibe I got off the whole thing was it was Electric Picnic but a lot more compact areas and with a sounder/more mature crowd and slightly more left of field line-up. Agree with those pointing out the scheduling, it did feel sparse for some reason.The struggle to accommodate such an increase in capacity was quite obvious, but I feel lucky to have not really felt it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

Eod100 wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone made it into work today, but fair play to those brave troopers!

Ah not so bad, luckily my job is quiet at this time of year so its actually fine, it got me up out of my pit of self pity this morning and is keeping me distracted from my pains and aches/battered bank balance/thoughts of mortality/ghosts and so on so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

dk1982 wrote: »
    Entitled to my opinion. Can go around judging othe peoples decisions if I like thanks very much, especially if it impacts me and my enjoyment of a festival that I have paid good money for. I'll leave it at that

Would love to hear how it negatively impacted your enjoyment of the festival? Genuinely. With all the stuff people said went wrong this weekend how did the existence of children affect you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Hoboo wrote: »
    Nah I'll pass, it looks ridiculous. It is what it is, attention seeking with novelty props. Cool photos for social media though, that's the main thing. Hope you got plenty of likes and you feel good.

This is all getting rather silly(Monty python!)

Let's get back on topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Wooderson wrote: »
    Nice one mate. Do you have the full set?

(Introduction)
    Merrie Land
    Gun to the Head
    Nineteen Seventeen
    The Great Fire
    Lady Boston
    The Truce of Twilight
    Ribbons
    The Last Man to Leave
    The Poison Tree

History Song
    80's Life
    Herculean
    Nature Springs
    A Soldier's Tale
    Three Changes

Encore:
    Kingdom of Doom
    Green Fields
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen

Think there was a little interlude leading into Kingdom of Doom - Tony Allen didnt come back with the rest of the band and Damon started to play a song about Tony being lost and not being able to play without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

There seemed to be very little incentive to go down by the house, which was a shame as it was very lovely any time I wandered down.

Definitely agree with this. One of the highlights last year was the house being a focal point, many food vendors based around it, green areas to sit, the fountain, the lake, the art around the house and lake, the bandstand area, the bars around the area. It was just a nice little area, plenty of places to sit and soak it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭briandebum

So overall had a cracking weekend with a good few basic organisational errors which most posters have already pointed out.

Standouts for me being King Kong Company, Kojaque, Loyle Carner & Jon Hopkins. An honorable mention to Blindboy for soothing our souls on Sunday morning and we thoroughly enjoyed going to 'The Fireplace' at the end of every night.

The standout factor of the festival had to be the general soundness of the crowd in general. Quite a few nonsensical conversations had with strangers across urinals. One, which touches on the children conversation, with a North Dublin lady in about her 40's.

She brought her kids last year, and said they really enjoyed it but decided to drop them to her aunties this year for a different buzz. Met her when she asked us for a cigarette. Reckoned she had chugged down 40 cigarettes already that day, that was during SOAK so about 2:00pm. Just goes to show fun can be had with and without kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

You didnt hear about the Kids Together field?

He replied to you Wooderson. Sod off, bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

Moronic statement. The height of ignorance.

Only one moron around here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

The presence of kids didn't put in or out on me. Having a specific area for kids worked well I thought.

I'd have liked to have seen the presence of more staff. That was a far bigger issue than any of the festival goers
    More bins, more frequent emptying of the bins that were there and some fecking hand sanitiser at the toilets.

They took the extra money from the additional people and did away with the day ticket option
    meaning more people on site for the whole weekend.
    They didn't seem to take account of the needs of this extra body of people. We all need to eat and use the toilet etc. plenty of rudimentary errors made with traffic, camping allocation, crowd control / security and basic levels of hygiene / sanitation.

I don't think any punter can be blamed for the problems listed above.
    That was solely down to the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭fillup

Where has all the love gone?

Wont somebody think of the children?

Oh, wait a minute....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Only thoughts on the kids vibe:

I have a two year old and he is absolutely manic at the moment, wouldnt bring him near anything like this because he cant be trusted not to run off or eat something off the ground or whatever but maybe in a few years if the vibe of the festival is still fairly chilled and Indiependence still exists to hoover up the teenage crowd, who knows.

I'd be praying 5 times as hard for no rain if I did, mind.

Saw the lead singer from 00s Cork band Fred with his new born on his shoulders up the front of the West Cork Ukelele Orchestra, very relaxed with the noise cancelling headphones, very happy looking baby. Crowd all around were falling in love with him.

Conversely, saw a 2-3 year old in a pull along cart gone for a nap near the main stage when it was raining and the mother trying to cover his head from the rain by putting his raincoat on, then waking him up and just thought nah, maybe not actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

Time to leave the thread, people are getting emotional here.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Dunno where they got most of the food vendors out of, 5 out of 7 meals I had was actually cold (whats that about)???

And I had to ask 2 different staff in the food trucks to change their gloves as they were handling money with the same gloves they were using to assemble your meal and sprinkle your cheese on, eugh!

That might sound a bit precious, but money is the filthiest thing in the world!
    Burger venue at back of main field was doing this craic.
    Noticed the same thing in the charcoal grill place too (opposite Road to Nowhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

BadTurtle wrote: »
    (Introduction)
    Merrie Land
    Gun to the Head
    Nineteen Seventeen
    The Great Fire
    Lady Boston
    The Truce of Twilight
    Ribbons
    The Last Man to Leave
    The Poison Tree

History Song
    80's Life
    Herculean
    Nature Springs
    A Soldier's Tale
    Three Changes

Encore:
    Kingdom of Doom
    Green Fields
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen

Think there was a little interlude leading into Kingdom of Doom - Tony Allen didnt come back with the rest of the band and Damon started to play a song about Tony being lost and not being able to play without him.

The way that "interlude" morphed into Kingdom of Doom was FAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OCALLAA5

Highlights:
    - The crowd (of all ages) .
    - The line-up - Fontaines, Hot Chip, John Grant, The Good, the Bad and the Queen.
    - The view from the top of the ferris wheel.
    - The expanded wooded areas with all the new nooks and crannies.
    - John Grant's discussion with Panti Bliss was so bloody good.

Was pure grand:
    - The food - nothing special
    - The campsite - little bit overcrowded but everybody was very respectful of each other's space

Lowlights:
    - The traffic but actually ended up having great craic throughout it all
    - The rain on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Aceso wrote: »
    Definitely agree with this. One of the highlights last year was the house being a focal point, many food vendors based around it, green areas to sit, the fountain, the lake, the art around the house and lake, the bandstand area, the bars around the area. It was just a nice little area, plenty of places to sit and soak it in.

I heard Lord Waterford had asked for everything to be moved away from the house as it was too noisy for them last year,dont know how true it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I heard Lord Waterford had asked for everything to be moved away from the house as it was too noisy for them last year,dont know how true it is though.

Do they actually live in the gaff for the weekend?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They did last year anyway so i would presume they were going to this year too,probably better if they were just put up in a hotel for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

Ah shite, that's a pity because it was really lovely down there last year and, with the house and area around it used, it really helped spread out the crowds of people across a larger area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

They did last year anyway so i would presume they were going to this year too,probably better if they were just put up in a hotel for the weekend.

Reckon they enjoyed the LED projections on the building all night so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Whatsapp group was great fun as well actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

D.Q wrote: »
    Whatsapp group was great fun as well actually.

I liked seeing it vary from a drug marketplace to a heartburn care group :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Hoboo wrote: »
    Nah I'll pass, it looks ridiculous. It is what it is, attention seeking with novelty props. Cool photos for social media though, that's the main thing. Hope you got plenty of likes and you feel good.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭blackwave

Overall was very happy with it.

Yes the traffic was a nightmare both getting in and out but to be fair I came in from Portlaw and a few locals told me to go up a different route than what was advertised and so it was only probably 2 hours travel time for me (coming from just outside of New Ross - normally a 40 minute trip so I got off very lightly). I would blame the guards a bit for the traffic management as when I broke onto the main route at a crossroads with 5 junctions on it there was a guard on a bike there but instead of directing traffic he was chatting to young ones :rolleyes: Also a local said that the local sergeant didn't want the shuttle buses from Portlaw this year either as it was too much hassle which is a joke if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

maximoose wrote: »
    I liked seeing it vary from a drug marketplace to a heartburn care group :pac:

Haha! And sometimes both at once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I didn't go to the festival. But from photos I've seen from friends it looked absolutely incredible. It looked so chill and scenery absolutely stunning. There seems so much to do even if you had enough of the music. I'd of gone if I had the dosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Reckon they enjoyed the LED projections on the building all night so.

Hope they had black out blinds if they were having a cheap shake.

29985167-silhouette-of-a-man-in-bed.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Peesh89

Wasn't there last year so can't compare..
    Blah blah blah traffic/walk to Both Sides Now/clueless stewards. Could have been sign posts to BSN, steward I asked hadn't a clue where I was talking about and was mental people thought it was "overflow campsite".
    Had lovely camping neighbors and lots of space around.

Jon Hopkins, Kiasmos, Tourist, Sing along social- even in the pissing rain- were all unbelievable. Arcadia in general was great. Kojaque was unreal but had to leave the tent it was so squashed could barely breath. Raging I missed TGTB&TQ. Caught the second half of Fontaines really enjoyed it and the crowd was great.

Insane that there was fireworks let off in a fkn tent? Girls bag beside us got hit during kiasmos when one of the repeaters came down, so ridiculously dangerous.
    WhatsApp group was fun to catch up with what people were doing/things worth going to, especially later in the night...and as promised here's some pics
    https://tinyurl.com/yxr3d653 feel free to tag em if you know anyone.
    There may have been some issues but I'll definitely go back next year :)

Advertisement