Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Traffic problems being discussed on Joe Duffy now, some woman spent 10 hours trying to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Traffic problems being discussed on Joe Duffy now, some woman spent 10 hours trying to get in

Spend 9 hours getting in and 5 out NOT FUNCTION

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭sporina

MJohnston wrote: »
    Oh here we go again with the whiny "don't bring kids" judgement brigade.

hello???? its called "All Together Now"!!!!???

haven't read all the posts but i gather that folk have a prob with kids been there??

gee... open your minds people..

Although one thing I do have to say on the kids topic is that perhaps there shudda been a PG warning on some events.. like for e.g.. The John Grant talk in All Curious Minds..
    Although I was glad to see that some kids were still wearing their ear defenders lol..

But had I been a parent there with a kid I wudda been covering their ears for a lot of the talk ekk..

(all that aside, the talk between John and Panti twas quality - v personal - almost felt like I was eavesdropping on a private intimate conversation between friends ekk)

#johngrantisalegend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Whatever about kids at a festival, having women there is a big issue and very unsafe considering there are so many white males around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

People who use quotes from the internet to argue a point don't have one.

At least that's original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I hope they get a license for next year after pissing off so many residents with the traffic. They’ll have reduce the capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭briandebum

On the food situation, the best bit of grub I had was from the Avo Nice Day stand down near the chapel.

But in general they could have used a few more vendors, went to Eddie Rockets twice (mostly as it had a very short queue) and both times they had run out of burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

dk1982 wrote: »
    Entitled to my opinion. Can go around judging othe peoples decisions if I like thanks very much, especially if it impacts me and my enjoyment of a festival that I have paid good money for. I'll leave it at that

Not the only passed away Irishman paid tribute to this weekend.

fin-4-752x501.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What food vendor was charging €17 for a pizza? Wouildnt even pay that a decent restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭sporina

briandebum wrote: »
    On the food situation, the best bit of grub I had was from the Avo Nice Day stand down near the chapel.

But in general they could have used a few more vendors, went to Eddie Rockets twice (mostly as it had a very short queue) and both times they had run out of burgers.

Had Wok n Roll the 1st night - geee it didn't agree with me at all... indigestion central.. tg i have gaviscon at home..

ate in Taste of Waterford sat and sun - twas delish - reallll food... soo tasty - €10 for a decent meal... hmm... staff wer great.. (and provided shelter from the rain; just so happened that it was raining both times we were there - and only had to wait a few mins for a seats - perfect)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

dk1982 wrote: »
    ...especially if it impacts me and my enjoyment of a festival that I have paid good money for. I'll leave it at that

You paid "good money" to go to a festival that clearly markets itself as family friendly and provides lots of kids activities etc.

Based on your posts slating kids being allowed at festivals, I trust you won't be making that mistake again and will instead choose to spend your money on events that are adults only rather than spending it on events which will very obviously have plenty of kids attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭enricoh

I'll be back next year i reckon. I liked the way i could be in front of the main stage from my tent in the blue campsite in 5 minutes tops.
    No searches for cans crap from campsite to the arena. All sound heads around us camping anyway.
    Get some bloody Guinness on tap for next year, the hipster beer was giving me heartburn! And running through me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Yeah Ill be back next year. Always off from work during August compared to being back to work at EP so this is a no brainer, and if I need to head up earlier again next year its no problem. If the traffic and rain are the issues, theyre easily avoided next year by altering opening times and putting down woodchips and sawdust in problem areas.

I was happy enough about the food, even as someone with gluten and lactose issues. Thought there was enough decent stuff even in my limited possibilites to satisfy most - the vegan chili from somewhere near the bandstand was savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I didn't go to ATN this year but had friends and family there. There were also regular posters from the EP thread there whose feedback I trust. Good to see the balanced feedback on acts and organisation here.

My take on it mirrors much of what's been said. Poor POD planning and possibly their set-up isn't fit for the purpose. Could we see a takeover of ATN? The lineup was very appealing to me and good to hear that Black Midi, TGTB&TQ, Jon Hopkins and others nailed their sets. Despite the problems I still wish I could have been there and would consider it for next year were the organisers to be clear on capacity and planning.

Have a great recovery people and see some of you at EP very soon.

enricoh wrote: »
    I'll be back next year i reckon. I liked the way i could be in front of the main stage from my tent in the blue campsite in 5 minutes tops.
    No searches for cans crap from campsite to the arena. All sound heads around us camping anyway.
    Get some bloody Guinness on tap for next year, the hipster beer was giving me heartburn! And running through me!!

What beer was available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

maximoose wrote: »
    I liked seeing it vary from a drug marketplace to a heartburn care group :pac:

did we get any closure on if yer man got the shopping bags from the boot? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I had a class time. Lovely crowd, well organised (apart of course from Friday traffic) really nice setup altogether. Couldn't believe how chilled out and spacious my campsite was, and it was right beside loads of shops, toilets, and the really nice Bandstand area. Apparently the other campsite was cramped so people probably didn't know about Both Sides Now.

I didn't see any problems with organisation - toilets were cleaned regularly enough, never had an issue with food either. Enjoyed burritos, burgers, pizza, crêpes. Not sure why people are peeved about the mud, there was a bit of slop alright but nothing compared to other festivals I've been to. Like I managed to get around without wellies all day Sunday (which had the heaviest rain).

I went to Glasshouse, Pillow Queens, Soda Blonde, FJM, a bit of Kiasmos (not my cup of tea), Soak, John Grant in conversation with Panti Bliss, Bingo Loco (was stupidly good craic), John Grant, and The National. Unbelievable line up for me!

Also loved exploring the site, lots of nice spots for a wander. The craft village, the forest part, and down by the house were nice chill spots.

Definitely going next year. I missed tickets to Glastonbury this year but ATN was a great alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

What beer was available?

There was just lager, apple cider and berry cider. Not the best selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

5 Ales and Bulmers in one bar.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    There was just lager, apple cider and berry cider. Not the best selection.

And the hipster beer referred to? Nice to know if there's more of a choice than EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

What beer was available?

Five Lamps Lager.
    Five Lamps Red Ale.
    ATN Brew (which tasted like FL Red Ale, maybe she grabbed me the wrong one)
    O'Sullivans Ale.
    Killarney Brewing Company Blonde Ale.
    And another Killarney Brewing Beer that slips my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I presume the issue people had with the mud related to the toilets - it was grim wading into a bunch of urinals nearly submerged in a heady concoction of piss and rain. No wonder people resorted to pissing at the fences surrounding them instead, it was dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

And the hipster beer referred to? Nice to know if there's more of a choice than EP.

5 lamps lager and a 5 lamps red. An ATN ale also. 5 lamps lager the best of that bunch IMO.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Five Lamps Lager.
    Five Lamps Red Ale.
    ATN Brew (which tasted like FL Red Ale, maybe she grabbed me the wrong one)
    O'Sullivans Ale.
    Killarney Brewing Company Blonde Ale.
    And another Killarney Brewing Beer that slips my mind.

Nice to have that option of some decent beer. EP misses having some craft ales (I don't count that little bar with Heineken-owned ales).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Nice to have that option of some decent beer. EP misses having some craft ales (I don't count that little bar with Heineken-owned beers).

It's all subjective I guess but they are all middle of the road beers IMO. Five Lamps is owned by C&C. O'Sullivans is basically like having a Smithwicks.

Would love some of the good Irish Craft Breweries to be allowed - but without that happening - a Guinness or any stout would have done me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The secret garden stage down behind the band stand was some craic on the Sunday night. It had a big swing, and art installations in the trees.

There was a great little crowd dancing to some lovely beats, there was a girl djing and the brother of one of the ladies running the stage was also djing.

Playing some great techno, acid House etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Be careful what you say about the kiddies, the insults and smart comments from the responsible parents will start up again

Bit rich considering it was the judgemental anti-family brigade who kicked things off on this thread. Par for the course, really, with this forum.

D.Q wrote: »
    The secret garden stage down behind the band stand was some craic on the Sunday night. It had a big swing, and art installations in the trees.

There was a great little crowd dancing to some lovely beats, there was a girl djing and the brother of one of the ladies running the stage was also djing.

Playing some great techno, acid House etc

Were you allowed on it with a drink in each hand? Just asking for a pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The 5 lamps lager was pretty good it has to be said. I thought 8 degrees were pouring last year. Full Irish on tap would have been just the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Were you allowed on it with a drink in each hand? Just asking for a pal.

Haha funny you should say that. Some chap was on with two pints, being pushed from both sides, trying to get him over the bar. Don't think he spilled a single drop hahaha

Advertisement