Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you go to the ploughing 2018

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

whelan2 wrote: »
    What age is Anna May?
    84 or 85

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

fepper wrote: »
    The daughter put on weight with all that stress few days ago

Every time isaw her she had a burger in her mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

fepper wrote: »
    The daughter put on weight with all that stress few days ago
    I know you're joking but if it was a man on there there would be no mention of weight :mad: they have a tough job and looking at posts on here this last few days most would love to see these women fail, edited to say after reading the latest post , my post rings true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

They must receive a massive amount of hampers from the creameries and other merchants every Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

They get very very well paid over it all

• Advertisement

I know you're joking but if it was a man on there there would be no mention of weight :mad: they have a tough job and looking at posts on here this last few days most would love to see these women fail, edited to say after reading the latest post , my post rings true

It happens in every business, wasn't getting on about someone's looks, I thought both looked very well tonight.
    Just thought many suppliers covering 700 acres they would be first on the Christmas goodies list.
    I know as children we always looked forward to the hampers, but that was different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I think you're right Whelan, I sense a little bit of sexism or something like it anyhow! No need for weight comments really

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Odelay wrote: »
    It happens in every business, wasn't getting on about someone's looks, I thought both looked very well tonight.
    Just thought many suppliers covering 700 acres they would be first on the Christmas goodies list.
    Ah it's the usual ****e, used to it at this stage, wtf does a womans weight have to do with the ploughing championships, I' m off to bed

Ah it's the usual ****e, used to it at this stage, wtf does a womans weight have to do with the ploughing championships, I' m off to bed

Ok. But I wasn't getting on about anyone's weight?? I thought they both looked well. Just commenting on my experience of suppliers handing out hampers at Christmas and imagining that for someone in charge of the ploughing.
    In fairness I'd say it's a difficult thing for them. Probably provides more awkwardness than anything for someone under scrutiny from others.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I'm reminded of a story from around here when I was a child.
    The weighing scales that you put a coin in for your weight came to town outside the chemist.

Two local bachelor brother's lived along with their sister, also unmarried. They all decided to get weighed this day. The two brothers were disappointed with their own weights but delighted with the sisters! She was a larger lady.
    For months the brothers went around bragging about how well she weighed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There must be a sale on shovels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Saw them at the brown bread competition on the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

totally off topic I know but very sensitive with Nora Owen after the phoughing women

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Was just about to say the same thing. Welcome to the 21st century lads!

Was just about to say the same thing. Welcome to the 21st century lads!

This'll be the century when we look past race, religion, gender, age, weight, disability and sexuality. And discrimination or praise shall be done away with of each.

There'll be only two ways to describe people.

Knob or Not.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

This'll be the century when we look past race, religion, gender, age, weight, disability and sexuality. And discrimination or praise shall be done away with of each.

There'll be only two ways to describe people.

Knob or Not.

:)
    I look forward to it, its really all that matters

Bullocks wrote: »
    I look forward to it, its really all that matters

It'll never happen though.
    Not when parts of the demography constantly look for special treatment and when those constantly look to differentiate themselves from the rest of the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

croot wrote: »
    Anna Marie was on the radio saying if you turned up before 12.30 yesterday it was your own fault as you were told a decision was going to be made then. A bit arrogant I thought

She actually comes across as very disagreeable. Her mother, while, no doubt, a tough cookie, possesses a certain charm. Anna Marie usually looks like she is chewing wasps! :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

All over for another year.

Feel free to start a new ploughing thread next year.
    This one has reached its sell by date.

Thanks. GC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement