Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The Official CAO Offers Thread 2018 ** (Read first post!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cattleman101

If I have enough points for my first choice (4 points off what it was last year), but I decide to refuse it, am I guaranteed my second choice?( I am 120 points higher than what that was last year). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sophie555 wrote: »
    No doubt she'll be absolutely fine!:)

Thank you. Hope you and everyone on here gets their course.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sophie555

If I have enough points for my first choice (4 points off what it was last year), but I decide to refuse it, am I guaranteed my second choice?( I am 120 points higher than what that was last year). Thanks.
    As far as I'm aware if you get offered your first choice all other choices below it are automatically erased.
    Cork Lass wrote: »
    Thank you. Hope you and everyone on here gets their course.

Thank you!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ae86VroomVroom

There is a decrease in applicants in general for university this year so I'm assuming that a slight decrease in points could occur. Nevertheless I wish everyone here luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kittychan

Here's to hoping that points will drop across the board 😂:)

• Advertisement

Last year someone had the paper at around 2 I think! Hope that's the case this year!!

Last year someone had the paper at around 2 I think! Hope that's the case this year!!
    Woah thats fast but are ye guys thinking of pulling an all nighter ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, no, and again no!!!

Please read the CAO sticky at the top of the forum CAREFULLY.

Actually reading your CAO handbook is also a good idea.
    As far as I'm aware if you get offered your first choice all other choices below it are automatically erased.
    Sophie gets the H1 :p

No, no, and again no!!!

Please read the CAO sticky at the top of the forum CAREFULLY.

Actually reading your CAO handbook is also a good idea.

Sophie gets the H1 :p

Ahahah thanks!:)
    kittychan wrote: »
    Woah thats fast but are ye guys thinking of pulling an all nighter ?

I don't know really like my debs is tomorrow as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Get to bed early. Before you know it your course choice will be waiting for you. Especially those with a debs to prepare for tomorrow. You will be wrecked going if you stay up.

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Get to bed early. Before you know it your course choice will be waiting for you. Especially those with a debs to prepare for tomorrow. You will be wrecked going if you stay up.
    Yeah thats what im thinking of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Meanman

Aoifewhut & Rugby212 were the legends with the information early (and accurate) in 2017. Can they be hunted down to come on duty tonight and get us all the info?

Lol, there are usually different heroes each year!

Meanman wrote: »
    Aoifewhut & Rugby212 were the legends with the information early (and accurate) in 2017. Can they be hunted down to come on duty tonight and get us all the info?

Her twitter is linked to last years post, maybe you could send her a message?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully, there's a laochra mór out there.

I remember how excited/nervous I was last year. I didn't sleep at all :pac:

Liordi wrote: »
    I remember how excited/nervous I was last year.
    I think I vaguely remember that! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Fastidious

From the times UK..
    Medicine at Trinity demanded 731 points, while economics and finance at UCD required 590 points to secure a place in the first round of offers. Dental science at Trinity also required 590 points, while law and political science, also in Trinity, required 578 points. Physiotherapy at the University of Limerick, needed 566, and actuarial and financial studies required 566 points.

Fastidious wrote: »
    From the times UK..
    Medicine at Trinity demanded 731 points, while economics and finance at UCD required 590 points to secure a place in the first round of offers. Dental science at Trinity also required 590 points, while law and political science, also in Trinity, required 578 points. Physiotherapy at the University of Limerick, needed 566, and actuarial and financial studies required 566 points.

If you see accounting and finance in DCU please send it in!!
    From the times UK..

They all seem to have gone up?!! Also, I don't see a course called actuarial and financial studies in UL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Fastidious

Trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 9 asteroidelite

Trinity

Hey if you have Maynooth I’d really appreciate it :) Thanks so much by the way :)

• Advertisement

Trinity

Could you please try and get DCU, thanks so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

UCC too if ya have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Louthlass23

DCU and Marino if you have it please

I'm so nervous now!! The points seem to be quite accurate comparing to what sectors the papers said were up in applications

Lol, in other words, Fastidious, they're gonna keep listing colleges until they have them all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 asteroidelite

Lol, in other words, Fastidious, they're gonna keep listing colleges until they have them all! :D

Pretty much! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KathOFlan

Screenshots from today’s Irish Independent! Level 7/6

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KathOFlan

Screenshots from today’s Irish Independent- level 8

KathOFlan wrote: »

What does accounting and finance in dcu say???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

KathOFlan wrote: »

LOL this is such a tease! Unreadable.

Advertisement