Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** The Official CAO Offers Thread 2018 ** (Read first post!!)

Options
  • 19-08-2018 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

If anyone gets the points early post them here!

*******************************************************************************************************

WORD OF WARNING:

Anyone trolling, claiming to have inside information for real, to have got the paper early, etc. etc. without being able to back up their claims will be banned.

In fact, we've asked for sitebans in the past for serious cases of malicious scaremongering, and the Admins have been more than happy to implement them.

No-one needs that crap, thanks.

R.

ALSO: READ THIS!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

This is gonna be VERY interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sophie555

This is gonna be VERY interesting!

I know!:) Fingers crossed we all get our first choice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Ahhhhh...being just 14 points off what my 1st choice was last year is not good for my anxiety ahhhh

Ahhhhh...being just 14 points off what my 1st choice was last year is not good for my anxiety ahhhh

You have hear though don't you? I'd say you should get in hopefully! I'm a bit above my first choice last year so fingers crossed it doesn't change too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 asteroidelite

I’m 68 points ahead of my course last year but my fam are trying to freak me out about points because there’s only 8 places on the course 😅 Hopefully these papers leak! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Sophie555 wrote: »
    You have hear though don't you? I'd say you should get in hopefully! I'm a bit above my first choice last year so fingers crossed it doesn't change too much!

Yes i do, but CIT dont take part in HEAR, and they do the administration for the course i want to do (even though half is in UCC). So they wont be any HEAR places on CR320 unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

I'm 12 points up from what I needed last year (23 if we take round 2 into account), so I have hope but I'm still bluddy terrified :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 doctorXwho

I'm 34 points up from what I need but my course did go up 40 points in one year a few years ago. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

My daughter is 59 points above last years points for nutritional science in UCC. Hopefully she should be ok, that would be a huge jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

I’m 68 points ahead of my course last year but my fam are trying to freak me out about points because there’s only 8 places on the course 😅 Hopefully these papers leak! 😂

8 places? What's the course if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

I’m 68 points ahead of my course last year but my fam are trying to freak me out about points because there’s only 8 places on the course �� Hopefully these papers leak! ��

Never heard of a course with only eight places - what is it ?

Yes i do, but CIT dont take part in HEAR, and they do the administration for the course i want to do (even though half is in UCC). So they wont be any HEAR places on CR320 unfortunately :(

Aw I hope it goes down and you get in!

What course is everyone hoping for?
    I'm 12 points up from what I needed last year (23 if we take round 2 into account), so I have hope but I'm still bluddy terrified :P

What course?:)

whelan2 wrote: »
    Where did you see this?

If I were you I wouldn't believe someone going on speculation. Wait until someone has the paper and posts a pic with the points!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This is what I meant.
    Wait until you see a photo or scan of a newspaper and even then unless you trust the source be wary.

8 places? What's the course if you don't mind me asking?

Computational Thinking in Maynooth :)
    Edit: Nevermind it’s 12 *facepalms*

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

My first choice is Medicine in Trinity. I have a points total (LC and HPAT) of 739. I'm 8 points above what it was last year but I'm still nervous.

My first choice is Medicine in Trinity. I have a points total (LC and HPAT) of 739. I'm 8 points above what it was last year but I'm still nervous.

You should be absolutely fine :) best of luck x

Computational Thinking in Maynooth :)
    Edit: Nevermind it’s 12 *facepalms*

You'll definitely be fine!!

You'll definitely be fine!!

Hopefully! :) What’s your first choice? :)

Hopefully! :) What’s your first choice? :)

Accounting and finance in DCU! I'm a bit over last years so hopefully I'll be okay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

What course?:)
    Mathematical Science in UCC :) .Points are due to drop so I should be ok but sure, we'll see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

Hi all.

I was in this position last year so I know how nervous everyone must feel. I think I was also a part of the 2017 CAO thread. I'm now a Law student in Trinity.

If last year is an indication the points will usually flunctuate based on demand increases/decreases. But it's not always the case. It's not easy to predict and I don't think it would be productive to spend your time worrying over it. In any case, inevitably someone will get their hands on the morning newspaper and post it.

I think in life (and in the LC!) most people get what they deserve. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭L360

Im hoping to do Commerce in NUIG but im 7 points below lasts years (2 points below from round 2) so i dont feel too confident :(.

L360 wrote: »
    Im hoping to do Commerce in NUIG but im 7 points below lasts years (2 points below from round 2) so i dont feel too confident :(.

Aw best of luck!!:) how many points was it last year?

I'm so nervous now!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭L360

Aw best of luck!!:) how many points was it last year?

MAORISH wrote: »
    My daughter also on tender hooks as she got 541 points but course only has roughly 25 of an intake so you can't get too confident...

What course is it?:) good luck to your daughter!

MAORISH wrote: »
    My daughter also on tender hooks as she got 541 points but course only has roughly 25 of an intake so you can't get too confident...

Us parents can be just as stressed about this as our kids are. Thankfully this is my last time having to go through this process.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Us parents can be just as stressed about this as our kids are. Thankfully this is my last time having to go through this process.

What course is your daughter/son hoping for?:) best of luck!

Nutritional science in ucc. 484 last year and highest it’s been since 2012 is 510. She got 543 so should be fine but one can never assume. Intake is about 36.

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Nutritional science in ucc. 484 last year and highest it’s been since 2012 is 510. She got 543 so should be fine but one can never assume. Intake is about 36.

No doubt she'll be absolutely fine!:)

Advertisement