Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

madmoe wrote: »
    I have the Note 9 as well and was wondering how you are finding the front facing camera, especially at night time? I'm not impressed at all and actually feel there's something wrong with my device it's been so bad!!

Thanks,
    M

Can't say I really using the front facing camera, sorry....at least not for photos. If I was planning on taking a selfie, I'd be using the main camera anyway, and using the S-Pen to take the pic. I used to do the same with my U11, use the main camera and squeeze for the shutter. Front facing cameras are always trash, I'd only really use them for a video call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Basil3 wrote: »
    Can't say I really using the front facing camera, sorry....at least not for photos. If I was planning on taking a selfie, I'd be using the main camera anyway, and using the S-Pen to take the pic. I used to do the same with my U11, use the main camera and squeeze for the shutter. Front facing cameras are always trash, I'd only really use them for a video call.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What's the process for the 14 day cooling off thing with Vodafone then? Just back to the shop where you got it and no issues or do they give you the runaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Patww79 wrote: »
    What's the process for the 14 day cooling off thing with Vodafone then? Just back to the shop where you got it and no issues or do they give you the runaround?

Needs to be in a re-sellable condition, so still fully boxed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Iv returned within the 14 day period haven used a phone, just make sure everything is treated with kids gloves accessories wise and factory reset obvs.

• Advertisement

All I'll want to see is software version, etc. If I find out in the meantime can I just hand it back the moment I pick it up?

Ya

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

The Pixel 3 (non XL) uses LG display and users are reporting pinkish hue on top portion of the device that is not present on the bottom half. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/9p2prc/the_pixel_3_nonxl_uses_an_lg_display/?st=JNDROJTW&sh=9409aa66

Also I sold my S9 plus today for 550 euros to pre order Pixel 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭henke

notcarlos wrote: »
    Camera reviews doesn’t look promising. Images are sharper on iphone XS max and Note 9
    The Pixel 3 (non XL) uses LG display and users are reporting pinkish hue on top portion of the device that is not present on the bottom half. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/9p2prc/the_pixel_3_nonxl_uses_an_lg_display/?st=JNDROJTW&sh=9409aa66

Also I sold my S9 plus today for 550 euros to pre order Pixel 3
    You are doing your best to find fault with the Pixel 3 yet you have pre-ordered it. Ok ;).

Most reviews I have seen indicated this is a very good phone overall and looking forward to getting it.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on it too. Vodafone could be the only spanner in the works for me. Really regretting not just buying it from Google but too worried Vodafone will play silly buggers with the cooling off to order another direct.

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to getting my hands on it too. Vodafone could be the only spanner in the works for me. Really regretting not just buying it from Google but too worried Vodafone will play silly buggers with the cooling off to order another direct.

When are Vodafone shipping? Still unsure where to get mine yet.

henke wrote: »
    When are Vodafone shipping? Still unsure where to get mine yet.

They've no indication. I don't mind a bit of a wait, it's more if they've destroyed the software on them and are looking after the updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

How much could I expect to get for my Pixel 2 if I was to sell it now to help afford the Pixel 3? It's in perfect condition, bought in March and put in a hard case and screen protector before even turning it on.

They've no indication. I don't mind a bit of a wait, it's more if they've destroyed the software on them and are looking after the updates.
    Don't think they can change the actual software. Couple of bloat apps maybe and slower updates is all.

Don't think they can change the actual software. Couple of bloat apps maybe and slower updates is all.

You don't buy a Pixel for slower updates so that would be a complete no. I just hope they'll take them back if they are ruined as nothing is ever straightforward with them. Second only to Eir for shocking customer service.

Calm down about Vodafone. There'll be no bloat ware and updates will come straight from Google.

Tbh I don't even want a Vodafone logo on the back or a splash screen on start up. Don't know what I was thinking, I'd happily pay the extra €110 to have neither.

You are doing your best to find fault with the Pixel 3 yet you have pre-ordered it. Ok ;).

Most reviews I have seen indicated this is a very good phone overall and looking forward to getting it.

Just monitoring the situation lol. I think I have to wait to see it in person if ever Vodafone will have a display unit before considering buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Arrival wrote: »
    How much could I expect to get for my Pixel 2 if I was to sell it now to help afford the Pixel 3? It's in perfect condition, bought in March and put in a hard case and screen protector before even turning it on.
    Carphone Warehouse are offering £240 off the pixel 3 when you trade in a pixel 2 and £310 if it's a pixel 2 xl.

Those numbers are ridiculous. Hope you can get better on the open market.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭theintern

Unlikely there'll be any Vodafone branding, they don't do it in the US on Verizon and they are a carrier who love to slap a logo on a phone. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Google rule.

• Advertisement

A Verizon selling it for substantially less than Google Store's price? Is any official seller? Still find it a bit baffling if Vodafone are happy to eat up their entire margin on launch of a high profile product when they may gain zero in return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Tbh I don't even want a Vodafone logo on the back or a splash screen on start up. Don't know what I was thinking, I'd happily pay the extra €110 to have neither.

No Nexus / Pixel ever came with network customised logos or software.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭theintern

S.M.B. wrote: »
    A Verizon selling it for substantially less than Google Store's price? Is any official seller? Still find it a bit baffling if Vodafone are happy to eat up their entire margin on launch of a high profile product when they may gain zero in return.

It is weird alright. There's the 14 day refund I suppose if it is branded so you could send it back easily.

https://vodafone.ie/support/orders.html#returns

Why do people think Google store is so much more expensive than Vodafone. Purely just a sim lock?

Why do people think Google store is so much more expensive than Vodafone. Purely just a sim lock?

Pixel 3 128 GB on Google store is 999 whilst in vodafone it is 875.

I think they're asking the same question as me. What's the reason for Vodafone selling so cheaply? Makes sense if it's locked but not much sense of it isn't. Unless Vodafone are able to make a reasonable amount from each sale and Google are shafting us in their store.

I'm assuming they'll definitely be locked. I'm just hoping that's where it ends though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

What do you think of the "lack" of memory?
    I mean 4gb seems kind of underwhelming in a top end phone?

https://youtu.be/NrIHYHLaLzA

This video shows that the pixel 3 xl is super fast.
    However advance to 5 minutes and you'll see that for multitasking the pixel looks woeful compared to the Note 9. It doesn't hold much in memory and refreshes quite a lot when multitasking.

Is this a concern?

biebiebie wrote: »
    What do you think of the "lack" of memory?
    I mean 4gb seems kind of underwhelming in a top end phone?

https://youtu.be/NrIHYHLaLzA

This video shows that the pixel 3 xl is super fast.
    However advance to 5 minutes and you'll see that for multitasking the pixel looks woeful compared to the Note 9. It doesn't hold much in memory and refreshes quite a lot when multitasking.

Is this a concern?

Not for me anyway but I could definitely see it being an issue for some, depends on the use case I suppose. I use about 4 apps, plus those issues mainly look like games which I never touch on a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Anyone know when Vodafone are shipping theirs?

Advertisement