Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Damn, I just wanted to get stage one over with tbh! Hate all this waiting around

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SonicHook

I just got the message too. Maybe they got a load more applications than they expected?

I was thinking maybe it's the opposite??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

SonicHook wrote: »

That's what I would have thought. They'd be well used to scaling up these competitions I would have thought. It's probably just a technical or administrative reason though, to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

SonicHook wrote: »

Unlikely. Civil service jobs are usually very popular.
    Even with the long form I'd say they got more than enough applicants.
    It could be down to anything. They could be waiting on a third party supplier. Or the person who presses the big "start" button couldbe on holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

I think the clue is in the message
    The message is signed by someone in charge of 'Large volume recruitment'
    Theyre probably adjusting the difficulty of the aptitude tests accordingly!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

marmieB wrote: »
    I think the clue is in the message
    The message is signed by someone in charge of 'Large volume recruitment'
    Theyre probably adjusting the difficulty of the aptitude tests accordingly!!!!!!!!

All messages from PAS about the competitions are signed by someone in large volume recruitment. I wouldnt read anything into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Anyone know if the online tests are expected to differ significantly from the AO ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megidje

Yeah I would be interested too! Did AO & HEO and there was the world of difference between them! I seem to remember the HEO were cut-e, but forget what AO was. Anyone know?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Megidje wrote: »
    Yeah I would be interested too! Did AO & HEO and there was the world of difference between them! I seem to remember the HEO were cut-e, but forget what AO was. Anyone know?

SHL tests- link to official practice tests here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

• Advertisement

You going again?

I'm a right glutton for punishment! At least the form gets easier to complete- though it is a bit different this time around. Having the feedback from the recent interview- gives you a better roadmap- and an idea of what the weaknesses were/are- and how to mitigate them..........

I'm giving it my best- I'll see how it goes- worse case scenario- its another learning experience.

Was it shl last time around?

Yes.

Yes.

Thats great news, I tend to do well with their tests, although I hace never applied for a job at this level

I wonder when we will get an update on the first stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

I wonder when we will get an update on the first stage?

It’s over a week now,thought we might have heard something by now whatever the reason is

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Anyone heard anything about the HPLG Wexford competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Just applied to another AP role in CS (not the general one). Wonder will it be the same process as it is a specific hire not a general one? E.g. communications role.

BobCat123 wrote: »
    It’s over a week now,thought we might have heard something by now whatever the reason is

Anyone feel like emailing?? Think they will start blocking me if I email again ha

Anyone feel like emailing?? Think they will start blocking me if I email again ha

Strike that, I emailed.... They said they would issue an update "soon"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

You're doing Trojan work, Crunchymomma. Thanks for emailing so I don't have to!

You're doing Trojan work, Crunchymomma. Thanks for emailing so I don't have to!

No problem, I'm just so impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just got a message, tests are to be completed between Thursday 27th and Tuesday 2nd.

Very short notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Does everyone get called to this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

djPSB wrote: »
    Does everyone get called to this stage?

I'd say so. I did anyway. Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

Just saw the message. Did I also see there is a nationwide AO competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

tigger123 wrote: »
    Just got a message, tests are to be completed between Thursday 27th and Tuesday 2nd.

Very short notice.

Got an email, fly out Thursday morning and back Tuesday from an extra long weekend away. I'll have to bring the laptop :( anyone know if the ly go at live at 00:01 on Thursday morning? Might do them as soon as they go live if I can

WAW wrote: »
    Just saw the message. Did I also see there is a nationwide AO competition?

Yep- and its a lot easier to fill in the AO form (they don't ask for examples for the competencies until later). Filling out the AP form was a chore- the AO, in comparison, is a breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

duffman13 wrote: »
    Got an email, fly out Thursday morning and back Tuesday from an extra long weekend away. I'll have to bring the laptop :( anyone know if the ly go at live at 00:01 on Thursday morning? Might do them as soon as they go live if I can

The last few competitions I've done the link to the live tests was sent at just after noon on the opening day of the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭disland

Hi

I just did some shl sample tests. Does it only give you the results and not show the questions you got wrong? Seems a waste of time just getting the result with no idea what questions I got wrong for both the numerical and verbal samples. Also the situational sample doesn’t give any result at all - no indication whatsoever as to how i did? Is it the same for everyone or maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks

Advertisement