Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Didn't bother checking re logging out, as I had it all planned to do in one go. Answered all the verbal questions & 17/18 numerical. The situational judgement was meh.

You just can't ever be confident and happy after sitting those tests. Best of luck to those doing them between now & 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭redarse

The practice ones are very tough, particularly the numerical ones!! Trying not panic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

The only thing is if we all find it tough then we are all on a pretty even footing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

For all those wondering, you can indeed log out and log back in to take the tests at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Ravelleman wrote: »
    For all those wondering, you can indeed log out and log back in to take the tests at different times.

Ye'd think I'd remember that after how many of those flipping things I've done over the years.

Can you take them in whatever order you like? As in start with numerical or start with verbal etc.

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    Ye'd think I'd remember that after how many of those flipping things I've done over the years.

Can you take them in whatever order you like? As in start with numerical or start with verbal etc.

Think you have to start with verbal

I'm the same, keep forgetting exactly what we can and can't do..... And this is my fourth campaign since June 2016 :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

I've popped my hat in the ring for this and have given the math full practice tests a whirl, coming out with between 62-69% I'm presuming this may put me on the back foot and they are looking for 80+ with the volume of applications and the level it's pitched at?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

RiseToMe wrote: »
    I've popped my hat in the ring for this and have given the math full practice tests a whirl, coming out with between 62-69% I'm presuming this may put me on the back foot and they are looking for 80+ with the volume of applications and the level it's pitched at?

I can't speak for everyone but you're doing a lot better than me on the numerical test anyway!

RiseToMe wrote: »

Qualifying scores for 2016

Verbal 42/80,
    Numerical - 40/80,

Situational Judgement - 40/80.

Verbal + situational judgement contributed to OOM while you just had to pass numerical.

Score (verbal +situational) needed to be in first group to go to stage two 108 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Qualifying scores for 2016

Verbal 42/80,
    Numerical - 40/80,

Situational Judgement - 40/80.

Verbal + situational judgement contributed to OOM while you just had to pass numerical.

Score (verbal +situational) needed to be in first group to go to stage two 108 I think

Just passing numerical is a relief to see, I have a good head for percentages and graphs so my method was to get them right and educated quick math on the others but worried on the day that I won't be able to hold my nerve and the pressure would get to me.

Thanks for that info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

Can we do the Management Scenario at a separate time/day to the verbal and numerical.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

do you get results at the end?

never_mind wrote: »
    do you get results at the end?

No, the results I posted are the qualifying scores from 2016. There is no way to say whether similar scores will be good enough this time but I figured it might help some people to see.

I would imagine we are probably looking at November for results going off of how slow they are being with most things these days

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

chrismean wrote: »
    i did the full length practice tests they have listed there.
    @crunchymomma, did you have to do them sequentially?
    Are these the ones on SHL direct?
    Must register now and try some....

I would imagine we are probably looking at November for results going off of how slow they are being with most things these days

Friends waiting on EO results for quite awhile!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Yeboah wrote: »
    Can we do the Management Scenario at a separate time/day to the verbal and numerical.

Thanks

Yes.

never_mind wrote: »
    Friends waiting on EO results for quite awhile!

I'm waiting on crime analyst results since end of august. Meant to be out a couple of weeks ago, now they are saying some ime in October

I'm waiting on crime analyst results since end of august. Meant to be out a couple of weeks ago, now they are saying some ime in October

Would imagine people who were/are on term time are back and relieving those who aren't...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Done! Time will tell. Pity you don’t at least get the results of how many right/wrong when you finish even if the rankings and comparative results take longer then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Took the 3 tests in a row last night. I literally guessed the numerical answers:) I am really bad at maths, I wouldn't be surprised if I failed to answer any correctly. However, I am fairly confident of scoring high in both verbal and situational. I'm pinning my hopes on my two other scores, my educational qualifications (post grad) and extensive experience in a specific area outside of the Public/Civil service...

Is there any chance at all if you completely fail one test?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

no you have to pass them all, just finished mine there now I found the maths tough enough tbh

dar100 wrote: »
    Took the 3 tests in a row last night. I literally guessed the numerical answers:) I am really bad at maths, I wouldn't be surprised if I failed to answer any correctly. However, I am fairly confident of scoring high in both verbal and situational. I'm pinning my hopes on my two other scores, my educational qualifications (post grad) and extensive experience in a specific area outside of the Public/Civil service...

Is there any chance at all if you completely fail one test?

No you have to reach the qualifying standard in all tests

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I did the practice test for numerical.....jeepers it was tough....I did it at my desk at lunch and was constantly interrupted...I only got 10 done.....and got 7 right lol!
    I need to tuck myself away to do the real thing definitely.

gmisk wrote: »
    I did the practice test for numerical.....jeepers it was tough....I did it at my desk at lunch and was constantly interrupted...I only got 10 done.....and got 7 right lol!
    I need to tuck myself away to do the real thing definitely.

I did the real ones at my desk, definitely could have been a mistake but it was the only time available to me during the test window

No you have to reach the qualifying standard in all tests

Ah bummer. Shame really, theres so much more a person can bring outside of these tests. Soft skills etc.

Best of luck to all who are applying. Lets hope HSE dont start using these tests. Dont think they will they have an exellent HR system

Ah bummer. Shame really, theres so much more a person can bring outside of these tests. Soft skills etc.

Best of luck to all who are applying. Lets hope HSE dont start using these tests. Dont think they will they have an exellent HR system

HSE already use hbs who use the same sort of testing system.

HSE already use hbs who use the same sort of testing system.

They dont. They use competency based questions detailing job specifications. Its very different. It acgualky shows what you can do jobwise across several domains related to leadership, managing people, getting results etc. Its a far better system for assessing peoples abilities

They dont. They use competency based questions detailing job specifications. Its very different. It acgualky shows what you can do jobwise across several domains related to leadership, managing people, getting results etc. Its a far better system for assessing peoples abilities

This is a subsequent stage in the recruitment process under discussion in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

I did the real ones at my desk, definitely could have been a mistake but it was the only time available to me during the test window

Is the test window closed now?

Advertisement