Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m on monthly certs and my money comes in on a Thursday. The week I’m due my cert I get it on a Tuesday and the money is still there Thursday.

Thanks!, this makes me feel a bit more hopeful that I wont be waiting until as late as Saturday for my money to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pepperonie

Confused as payment not come through.On 6 weekly certs and had no issues until this week.They say new cert has to be in at least 4 days before cert runs out.Got through to IB eventually who said I was 'lucky' as 5 out of my 6 weekly payments should be on time!!! What madness is this??? Also was informed that in a month or so they are going back to payment in arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I was on to them earlier. Was told my payment will be in Monday. Last payment was last Friday and i am still owed 4 days. It's a complete joke. Have to borrow again now. I'm lucky i can do that but fed up, what are people on their own supposed to do ?

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I was on to them earlier. Was told my payment will be in Monday. Last payment was last Friday and i am still owed 4 days. It's a complete joke. Have to borrow again now. I'm lucky i can do that but fed up, what are people on their own supposed to do ?

Are you on Monthly certs? What day do to submit them if you don't mind me asking? Mine go Monday to Monday and supposed to be paid Mondays although reaches bank Saturdays.Fed up now.

Pepperonie wrote: »
    Are you on Monthly certs? What day do to submit them if you don't mind me asking? Mine go Monday to Monday and supposed to be paid Mondays although reaches bank Saturdays.Fed up now.

Yes I've just been put on them. I send every them every Wednesday to store Street, Dublin. Sometimes it goes in Friday or Saturday, sometimes Tuesday. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

That's what is odd.My certs have always been Monday to Monday.Always goes in on Saturday.Sent cert as normal last week when due and they did not pay out till today!!! God alone knows when next payment will come.Not acceptable.

Well i was onto IB to change my bank a/c details because my bank keep taking €175 for loan i got before.
    IB said they had updated this and i have just checked now to see that they put this weeks money into old a/c and bank took the money. Fecking raging now,

Well i was onto IB to change my bank a/c details because my bank keep taking €175 for loan i got before.
    IB said they had updated this and i have just checked now to see that they put this weeks money into old a/c and bank took the money. Fecking raging now,

They all seem totally incompetent.Just off phone to them myself to check payment has been processed.We should not be having to do this.I have never felt so anxious in my life!!

Pepperonie wrote: »
    They all seem totally incompetent.Just off phone to them myself to check payment has been processed.We should not be having to do this.I have never felt so anxious in my life!!

I've got €28 euro to last me untill next week.That's just for food, rent will be in arrears. I am trying to call them again to find out why they didn't change the account despite them saying they did.
    Suffering from anxiety and depression this is the last thing i need now.

I am always very calm on the phone but now i just feel really angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Goldentree

I got a call back from the illness benefit department this morning after contacting welfare.ie on twitter. Its been 4 weeks since I received my last payment from them.

The agent calling me back explained that once a GP ticks the box "last cert" on the form, the new computer system will close your case. From that moment on it does not matter if you sent in another form, a letter, etc. The case will stay closed until you call them. Only a person (and not the computer system itself) can reopen the case.

As long as the case is closed, no payment will go out - of course.

My GP told me that the new system allows to send a "last cert" form and extend it if necessary. That's still the case as long as you call the illness benefit department and tell them. So you are better off not letting your GP tick that box until you are 100 % sure about when you go back to work.

Regarding the weird payments (party payment, etc), this is due to the cut off date each week for the payout of the illness benefit. What it means is that they have one payment run each week. That's when they pay you. And they wouldn't pay for future days on this day, only for passed once. So the week after (next payment run) you would receive the payment for the missing days and the days until this payment run. They might send it out in one bulk or in two payments.
    At least that's how I understood it.

I hope this information helps some of you.

• Advertisement

Just hope mine goes tomorrow as promised otherwise it will be a long long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Just hope mine goes tomorrow as promised otherwise it will be a long long weekend.

Let us know Bohs, it's a nightmare. I've just stopped expecting it until I see it. Thankfully hubby is working so we can eat and pay rent but the rest has to wait until I get money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Oh lord, I thought it was all over regarding these payments!
    I haven't followed this thread closely after getting back to work, but this is frustrating to read.
    I know how difficult my budget became to manage when I relied on those payments, really hope you will get paid on time before they shut their door this week ahead of bank Holiday.

Good luck all. Keep ringing them or tweet them as per previous poster advice. Frustrating I know, but what else can you do.

wonski wrote: »
    Oh lord, I thought it was all over regarding these payments!
    I haven't followed this thread closely after getting back to work, but this is frustrating to read.
    I know how difficult my budget became to manage when I relied on those payments, really hope you will get paid on time before they shut their door this week ahead of bank Holiday.

Good luck all. Keep ringing them or tweet them as per previous poster advice. Frustrating I know, but what else can you do.

If it's not in tomorrow the guy i spoke to gave me his direct line number so will call as they won't be open again until Tuesday and i cannot rely on payment going in on a holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If it's not in tomorrow the guy i spoke to gave me his direct line number so will call as they won't be open again until Tuesday and i cannot rely on payment going in on a holiday weekend.

That's a relief. Hopefully you won't have to.

wonski wrote: »
    That's a relief. Hopefully you won't have to.

Thankfully in went in. Now it will be going out shortly on bills and loans :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Thankfully in went in. Now it will be going out shortly on bills and loans :D

I got mine too.
    Didn't get last week's until Monday so I'm rich... or at least not having to borrow to get through the weekend for once...

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I got mine too.
    Didn't get last week's until Monday so I'm rich... or at least not having to borrow to get through the weekend for once...

Ye i was the same last Monday. Happy that i won't have to be nagging people for a lend this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Question folks. Read some of the posts in this thread , but hopefully some one can help. Usually ring for my cert on a Wednesday as I am on weekly certs and post it on a Thursday and I get paid on the Tuesday or so.

Last week, rang on the Wednesday, picked it up late Thursday and posted it Friday . Got paid today Monday, but it looks like it was a day short. How should I contact about this please .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Question folks. Read some of the posts in this thread , but hopefully some one can help. Usually ring for my cert on a Wednesday as I am on weekly certs and post it on a Thursday and I get paid on the Tuesday or so.

Last week, rang on the Wednesday, picked it up late Thursday and posted it Friday . Got paid today Monday, but it looks like it was a day short. Does the day which I am missing gonback inn automatically or do I need to chase it up. How should I contact about this please .

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »

Last week, rang on the Wednesday, picked it up late Thursday and posted it Friday . Got paid today Monday, but it looks like it was a day short. Does the day which I am missing gonback inn automatically or do I need to chase it up. How should I contact about this please .

They will probably lodge the missing day into your account. It happens a lot to me. Pain in the hol*.

Best way to check is to contact them on twitter as that seems the quickest way and they will call you back once you leave your details.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭djeire84

Hi all hope all is well.

I have been diagnosed with fibromayalgia over a year ago. Now I have been able to manage it but this last month has been a struggle with the pain and chronic fatigue.
    I was on a TUS scheme and had to leave due to my health. The last payment I recieved was back Friday the 26th of February.
    I spoke with a lovely woman in the social who advised me to go on illness benifet. Now here is where I need all your help.
    I have only been getting JSA before the tús programme. It says I need to pay PRSI contributions in 2017 (As this is the year I'm claiming 2019).

What happens to JSA people like me who apply for Illness benefit?
    How long does it take to process?
    Can I get paid into my bank?

Anything else I am missing feel free to add to my comment all information would be gratefully appreciated.

Éire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

djeire84 wrote: »
    Hi all hope all is well.

I have been diagnosed with fibromayalgia over a year ago. Now I have been able to manage it but this last month has been a struggle with the pain and chronic fatigue.
    I was on a TUS scheme and had to leave due to my health. The last payment I recieved was back Friday the 26th of February.
    I spoke with a lovely woman in the social who advised me to go on illness benifet. Now here is where I need all your help.
    I have only been getting JSA before the tús programme. It says I need to pay PRSI contributions in 2017 (As this is the year I'm claiming 2019).

Anything else I am missing feel free to add to my comment all information would be gratefully appreciated.

Éire

You wouldn’t actually have an entitlement to illness benefit. Go to your GP and see are they willing to declare you unfit to work. They have the forms for illness benefit. If GPs in agreement send off the form and you’ll get a letter back in a week or 2 saying you’re not entitled. Bring this to the CWO and they will pay you supplementary welfare. You can also discuss with your GP whether or not you’d be entitled to apply for disability allowance. That’s not based on PRSI but is hard to get. GP would need to declare that you are long term unfit for work and GPs opinion on its own is not usually even enough. I’m currently trying to get invalidity and have already been turned down once with a GP, OT and consultant declaring me long term unfit.

djeire84 wrote: »
    Hi all hope all is well.

Éire

Maybe check with citizens advice. If you haven't enough stamps it will probably be means tested.

Does anyone know if they’re back answering the phones? I went for a medical review yesterday and I was supposed to get a form at the centre to claim travel expenses but I completely forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they’re back answering the phones? I went for a medical review yesterday and I was supposed to get a form at the centre to claim travel expenses but I completely forgot.

They answered the phone to me at 45 minutes last Friday. The girl that answered the phone was frighteningly wrong about everything from start to finish. I think she is very new and got very little training. In the end she went to speak to the supervisor and when she came back she was whistling a different tune.
    I’d feel sorry for any claimant who rang.

splinter65 wrote: »
    They answered the phone to me at 45 minutes last Friday. The girl that answered the phone was frighteningly wrong about everything from start to finish. I think she is very new and got very little training. In the end she went to speak to the supervisor and when she came back she was whistling a different tune.
    I’d feel sorry for any claimant who rang.

I’ll leave it so I think. Probably cost me more to ring them than they’d give me back!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I see the IB section is still issuing quite a few repeat Medical Questionairres and GP report requests.

I've received 3 over the last month, and the most recent was issued after I was switched to Invalidity pension.

I rang the medical assessment unit this morning and they told be to disregard the requests.
    Others may be in the same boat, I'd advise ringing the medical assessment unit before sending in yet another report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Am hoping am in the right thread before asking.

Ok can anyone tell me is it ok to play 5-a-side with the same group of lads from work where am out on Illness benefit due to stress/bullying or would this possibly go against me for example if one or two of these lads are reporting this back?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

francie81 wrote: »
    Am hoping am in the right thread before asking.

Ok can anyone tell me is it ok to play 5-a-side with the same group of lads from work where am out on Illness benefit due to stress/bullying or would this possibly go against me for example if one or two of these lads are reporting this back?

Thanks

Imho
    Extremely risky

Advertisement