Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit problems since new form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭banie01

How have you worked out it’s one day missing? Are the weekly payments over 5 days or 6 days or 7 days?

Maths :)
    My rate divided by 6 =€33.
    IB is calculated on a 6 day week.
    As an example, multiple weeks paid at full rate then 1 week at €165, then 1 week of no payment followed by this week's payment as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jonathon W

SJF84 wrote: »
    I got the same one yesterday, still no payment mind you. Tweeted a message about the wiped certs on twitter this morning... nothing back yet!!

I just got that now aswell, still the same ol crap though we messed up we apologise go to your cwo

Yesterday I was told I needed to send in my last 4 certs again

If they consider us “customers “ does that mean we can complain them to the consumer ombudsman?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Jonathon W wrote: »
    If they consider us “customers “ does that mean we can complain them to the consumer ombudsman?

You can and certainly should complain all the way up to the Ombudsman. Start by writing to the manager of the Illness Benefit section giving him/her 10 days to respond to your letter.
    Here’s the complaints procedure from their own website.
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/How-to-Make-a-Comment-or-Complaint-to-the-Department.aspx

Ultimately if your not satisfied with the response you get from SW you just take your case to the Ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SJF84

I just got that now aswell, still the same ol crap though we messed up we apologise go to your cwo

Yesterday I was told I needed to send in my last 4 certs again

Who said that to you about sending in your last 4 certs?

• Advertisement

Who said that to you about sending in your last 4 certs?

Unfortunately I didn’t get a name, a very rude guy who I was speaking to said it that I was certified until the 3rd and they’ve nothing since

Unfortunately I didn’t get a name, a very rude guy who I was speaking to said it that I was certified until the 3rd and they’ve nothing since

Sorry to hear that. Was that illness benefit in Dublin or the helpdesk 071 number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got a letter today aswell. Unfortunately that wont buy food or pay bills.

Sorry to hear that. Was that illness benefit in Dublin or the helpdesk 071 number?

I rang *01 704 3300‬, I was on hold for an hour and a half and spoke to him for about ten minutes but he wasn’t anyway helpful it was we don’t have your certs what do you want us to do, he told me my daughter wasn’t on file just my son ( which I don’t have ) and it was a matter of get your certs and send them in (again), no interest in helping or looking into it, it felt like he just wanted me off the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

After getting the letter too. I don’t even care about arrears at this stage, I just want some bit of a payment this week. Otherwise I’ll have to go to the cwo and I really can’t be bothered with having to jump though hoops to get a bit of money. Have they forgotten that we’re actually sick?

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote: »
    After getting the letter too. I don’t even care about arrears at this stage, I just want some bit of a payment this week. Otherwise I’ll have to go to the cwo and I really can’t be bothered with having to jump though hoops to get a bit of money. Have they forgotten that we’re actually sick?

Or injured, in my case my hip and pelvis is riddled in arthritis and I can barely walk never mind drive, at least they are acknowledging their f**k up but acknowledgment doesn’t pay the rent or put food on the table

I rang *01 704 3300‬, I was on hold for an hour and a half and spoke to him for about ten minutes but he wasn’t anyway helpful it was we don’t have your certs what do you want us to do, he told me my daughter wasn’t on file just my son ( which I don’t have ) and it was a matter of get your certs and send them in (again), no interest in helping or looking into it, it felt like he just wanted me off the phone

Oh I'm tired of trying to ring 017043300 with no hopes of anyone ever answering. I understand ppl have bad days at work but no excuse to be rude or not helpful! So sorry to hear that. Have you had luck with your doctors surgery to get certs again? Ill have to try ring tomorrow and find out if i need them.

Oh I'm tired of trying to ring 017043300 with no hopes of anyone ever answering. I understand ppl have bad days at work but no excuse to be rude or not helpful! So sorry to hear that. Have you had luck with your doctors surgery to get certs again? Ill have to try ring tomorrow and find out if i need them.

I did, i rang and explained the situation and was told no problem call in they’ll be ready in the evening so went in at got them and filled in and sent off straight away so they should of gone up in the first post this morning.

I’ve spent hours on hold over the last few weeks it’s a joke, my local office sent an email alright giving out but that’s all they could do and the cwo is a waste of time they wanted bank statements passport the works, to much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine lollipop

My credits have come to a close on illness & I am probably on the wrong thread if anyone can point me to the right one, but, my question is, even though I’m not being paid from the department, can my work place release annual leave payment so I have some sort of income while waiting to apply for disability?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My credits have come to a close on illness & I am probably on the wrong thread if anyone can point me to the right one, but, my question is, even though I’m not being paid from the department, can my work place release annual leave payment so I have some sort of income while waiting to apply for disability?

You can't be on annual leave and out sick so I doubt it, but chat to your hr and see what they say.

I do get paid while out sick for 4 weeks as we have sick pay scheme, but they would not allow me to collect annual leave no matter what. I can take remaining days after I come back.

Annual leave needs to be taken in general, and if you are out of work it does not count as annual leave really.

I did, i rang and explained the situation and was told no problem call in they’ll be ready in the evening so went in at got them and filled in and sent off straight away so they should of gone up in the first post this morning.

I’ve spent hours on hold over the last few weeks it’s a joke, my local office sent an email alright giving out but that’s all they could do and the cwo is a waste of time they wanted bank statements passport the works, to much hassle

My local office have told me nothing to do with them contact Dublin! Oh my god... cwo should know if you are on the system and write a cheque than looking for everything. Waste of time is right.
    I better ring my place up in the morning and ask for duplicates so... its a disgrace this country.

My local office have told me nothing to do with them contact Dublin! Oh my god... cwo should know if you are on the system and write a cheque than looking for everything. Waste of time is right.
    I better ring my place up in the morning and ask for duplicates so... its a disgrace this country.

The issue with the cwo is that it’s a social welfare payment that is means tested but injury/illness is paid by social insurance contributions/ stamps so 2 completely different systems and types of payment so for them to even suggest we go to a cwo is a disgrace, they know full well it’s of no use to us and in most cases will delay your weekly payment, ( I only know this as I was forced to look it up) it’s damage control propaganda in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Hi, i've been following this thread a while. A friend of a friend has had the similar problem to the people here. Their payment stopped suddenly last week despite them sending in the usually monthly cert for a few months previously. Well, like everyone else they had the disgraceful issue of no-one answering the phone this week(and they received the apologetic DSP letter also) which has had induced stress, so instead they sent a general enquiry to https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/GENENQ.aspx .

And voila, the issue was sorted a couple of days later with the bank transfer of the payment resumed. So anyone who is especially homebound and cannot meet the CWO(why they suggest this is so offensive when people are genuinely sick and unable to travel!), try using that facility online and see how you get on. Thought I mention it to help others!

klaaaz wrote: »
    Hi, i've been following this thread a while. A friend of a friend has had the similar problem to the people here. Their payment stopped suddenly last week despite them sending in the usually monthly cert for a few months previously. Well, like everyone else they had the disgraceful issue of no-one answering the phone this week(and they received the apologetic DSP letter also) which has had induced stress, so instead they sent a general enquiry to https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/GENENQ.aspx .

And voila, the issue was sorted a couple of days later with the bank transfer of the payment resumed. So anyone who is especially homebound and cannot meet the CWO(why they suggest this is so offensive when people are genuinely sick and unable to travel!), try using that facility online and see how you get on. Thought I mention it to help others!

Used that form to send a query and then another form for official complaint.

It's hit and miss really and you do not receive a copy of the message sent so just click submit and hope for the best.

Better than siting for few hours on the phone I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

I got a 4 day payment, still missing last weeks and this this weeks, despite being told all my arrears would be paid today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

Still nothing. Disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Well it didn't take long for them to mess mine up again. Got payment and arrears last week. €54 today. Great.

Just checked there and got 198 but bank where quick to take money and leave me with just 22.

It's a financial disaster being out sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭banie01

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Just checked there and got 198 but bank where quick to take money and leave me with just 22.

It's a financial disaster being out sick.

I just received another (3rd and counting) Illness Benefit medical review form!
    The last 2 were returned both hard copy and soft within the last 4 weeks...
    This system really is a joke!

Got 198 today.

Still one week behind, but at least it is back on track now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Got nothing. What’s the point in paying contributions all these years if this is how we’re treated. Told to go CWO only to be told no because we work! Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine lollipop

wonski wrote: »
    You can't be on annual leave and out sick so I doubt it, but chat to your hr and see what they say.

I do get paid while out sick for 4 weeks as we have sick pay scheme, but they would not allow me to collect annual leave no matter what. I can take remaining days after I come back.

Annual leave needs to be taken in general, and if you are out of work it does not count as annual leave really.

HR said that they will release annual leave payment if I promise to come back along side a letter from my doctor to say I’m fit for work & he won’t issue that because I’m genuinely not fit to go back but it’s my only source of income at the moment. I can’t see a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wonski wrote: »
    Got 198 today.

Still one week behind, but at least it is back on track now.

I thought I was missing a week, but I'm a week behind, it's taking 6 days from it being released by their system to my bank
    Rang the bank and they have no issues or glitches so it's definately their system holding onto payments

banie01 wrote: »
    I just received another (3rd and counting) Illness Benefit medical review form!
    The last 2 were returned both hard copy and soft within the last 4 weeks...
    This system really is a joke!

The whole system in general is a joke. MABS are dealing with my bank but they are still taking money.
    MABS told me to change my bank. But how can I when IB won't answer the phone to update my details.

Paying taxes all my life to be treated like dirt.
    I have enough stress in my life without all this. Romantic Ireland is dead and gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Jesus this a catastrophe of epic proportions. In 13 years I’ve never seen such an almighty cock up.Regina Doherty needs a good kick in the hole over this. I’ve no idea how she’s getting away with it.

Advertisement