Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Shlippery wrote: »

Am I allowed gloat yet? :pac:

This day needs to hurry up so I can go home.

Congrats, interested to hear your opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Invested in a 2070 tonight. 1440p monitor to follow. Was going to buy a cheaper 1070ti but I've decided to put some faith into dlss and I figured the 2070 will last a bit longer before needing to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Early reports are I'm chuffed with it, BFV cruised through it , got to soak up all the nicely traced rays.

VR performance was pretty sweet too. Still need more time with it to try all the things.

Difference was night and day from my humble RX480.

Performance is pretty good. + 20% performance average increase. Is Nvidia finally making good on their claims?

• Advertisement

RTX Titan review....not much raster improvement, RTX seems not to be ready yet. I shall stick where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

I have to say, I'm getting really sick of YouTube sponsorship messages. There's a time and a place for advertising and it's not *during* a video.

Too many videos have 'brought to you by' shilling now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

L wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm getting really sick of YouTube sponsorship messages. There's a time and a place for advertising and it's not *during* a video.

The during a video bit pisses me off too. You can't even buy the youtube service to skip ads as you still get stuck with these.
    It wouldn't be an issue if it was at the beginning then it wouldn't interupt what you were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Youtube isnt so bad. Try to watch something on Dailymotion... That thing should be burned to the ground. Video was like 20 min long, took me over 30 min to watch it. Bloody ads every 2 min, every second one not skipable...

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Youtube isnt so bad. Try to watch something on Dailymotion... That thing should be burned to the ground. Video was like 20 min long, took me over 30 min to watch it. Bloody ads every 2 min, every second one not skipable...

These aren't regular ads - they're part of the video where the host starts blathering about some random product that's paying them money. Really annoying

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The direct ad Revenue for most creators has tanked, so people are obviously finding ways around it.

The direct ad Revenue for most creators has tanked, so people are obviously finding ways around it.

No surprise but it's a bad turn for the viewers. I was already not in favour of video reviews (time eaten up to value/knowledge provided) but now I may just give up on the lot of them.

On topic, RTX titan review and data. Conclusion is that it's even less worth the money than two 2080 Tis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No surprise but it's a bad turn for the viewers. I was already not in favour of video reviews (time eaten up to value/knowledge provided) but now I may just give up on the lot of them.

On topic, RTX titan review and data. Conclusion is that it's even less worth the money than two 2080 Tis.

That 24Gb VRAM framebuffer tho...

I would say is monsters some production jobs with the ram but as a gaming card its not up to much....about as good as an overclocked 2080ti....seems peoples interest in RTX both positive and negative on this thread is over

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I would say is monsters some production jobs with the ram but as a gaming card its not up to much....about as good as an overclocked 2080ti....seems peoples interest in RTX both positive and negative on this thread is over

Which is interesting, because up to now every other Titan card has been their top spec gaming card called workstation card to justify the eye watering prices.

seems peoples interest in RTX both positive and negative on this thread is over

6 months is a good long life for a focused thread about a specific graphic card lineup.

There's also just not very much to say - the bells and whistles haven't arrived in force, and the raw performance doesn't justify the price tags.

What I would be very curious to see is a comparison between DLSS and a framerate equivalent resolution with TAA enabled. It'd make a nice comparison point to go with 4k and pre-upscale resolution TAA.

6 months is a good long life for a focused thread about a specific graphic card lineup.

There's also just not very much to say - the bells and whistles haven't arrived in force, and the raw performance doesn't justify the price tags.

What I would be very curious to see is a comparison between DLSS and a framerate equivalent resolution with TAA enabled. It'd make a nice comparison point to go with 4k and pre-upscale resolution TAA.

Threads only up 3 months and the release schedule is going as advertised. Suppose we will see a good few titles first quarter 2019 maybe people will be interested then.

Threads only up 3 months and the release schedule is going as advertised. Suppose we will see a good few titles first quarter 2019 maybe people will be interested then.

Went up in August Fitz and we're at the end of December now. We're at 4 months, 12 days if you want to be exact ;)

We are as close to 3 as we are to 6 so ( 3 since the actual launch) so like with everything on this thread I am as right as you are wrong and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Threads only up 3 months and the release schedule is going as advertised.

I see some games on the list have been released with no RTX or DLSS.

Assetto Corsa Competizione
    Hitman 2
    Darksiders III

What about the games that were on the list but already released before the launch of RTX cards. When can we expect those games to be patched?

Ark: Survival Evolved
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
    SCUM

I've probably missed a few games in those lists but it seems like they are really far behind. It's hard to say because I can't find the schedule you are talking about.

2060 specs and price leak

It looks ...ok if unexciting. It's a drop in for the 1070/1070 Ti for price with about a 10% performance boost, and RTX.

Respectable card but I'm curious now if Nvidia see abandoning the low end to AMD (and their own last gen) as a more profitable and sustainable strategy moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

2060 specs and price leak

It looks ...ok if unexciting. It's a drop in for the 1070/1070 Ti for price with about a 10% performance boost, and RTX.

Respectable card but I'm curious now if Nvidia see abandoning the low end to AMD (and their own last gen) as a more profitable and sustainable strategy moving forward.

BFV 58fps @1080p with RTX On Ultra seems a tad optimistic

DLSS in BFV didnt know that was a thing, I am a bit dubious on that source.

I've just noticed a number of the games that are listed on the future RTX and DLSS list are DX11 only, is that an issue?
    Do these features require DX12?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

tuxy wrote: »
    I've just noticed a number of the games that are listed on the future RTX and DLSS list are DX11 only, is that an issue?
    Do these features require DX12?

RTX is defo DX12 only, not so sure about DLSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://goo.gl/forms/XOOwOfRP4Tubtz823

RTX survey from Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Lot of talk of a GTX 1160 coming soon too without the RT stuff baked in.

superg wrote: »
    Lot of talk of a GTX 1160 coming soon too without the RT stuff baked in.

I've no idea why the 2070 has RTX nevermind a 2060.
    Are they really expecting to make such massive progress optimising it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

tuxy wrote:
    I've no idea why the 2070 has RTX nevermind a 2060. Are they really expecting to make such massive progress optimising it?

To carry on charging people extra money for stuff that isn't much use to them?

Advertisement