Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options

Comments

Finally got to play around with mine last night/this morning. Its a serious piece of kit, i don't think i'll ever use half of the things it can do but nice to have the option. I'd forgotten how annoying it is switching from iOS to Android. Whatsapp still don't have a way of restoring chats from one OS to the other which is very frustrating, have tried a few different methods but none working. Anyone else had this problem before?

There is an app/program that does it, but of course you need to allow it to have access to read all of your messages, which some people might not like. There was a thread on it here somewhere.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057807809/1/#post105241375

Wazzapmigrator is the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Patww79 wrote: »
    Maybe it's different now but I had a dual SIM phone a good while back and they never got updates near as quick as the main one did.

Must have been a coincidence because it uses the identicle software. Different region phones might get updates at different times. My foreign S9+ Dual sim got it's update quicker than my Vodafone S9+.

dan786 wrote: »
    Any thing dispatched and sold by Amazon themselves is the best option always and also it will state sim free if its unlocked.

899£

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-6-4-Inch-Android-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Midnight-Black/dp/B07G3NCR2V/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1535741467&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=note+9&psc=1

I saw Eglobal selling them for approx 850 ish euro delivered. I bought a S9+ off them and it was a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I saw Eglobal selling them for approx 850 ish euro delivered. I bought a S9+ off them and it was a great service.

Amazon is 872£ now for Black model.

I have bought a lot from Eglobal too including a S9+. They are cheap but if you ever need a warranty service could be tricky as they are non EU seller.

Amazon is 872£ now for Black model.

I have bought a lot from Eglobal too including a S9+. They are cheap but if you can need warranty service could be tricking as they are non EU seller.

It is probably more of a risk but over a 100 euro difference. Phones don't usually give much problems when new anyway.

• Advertisement

It is probably more of a risk but over a 100 euro difference. Phones don't usually give much problems when new anyway.

True.

Infact its now 831.99 with a free 32GB memory card on Eglobal.

Use code "UNI" to get another 15 off. Total 816.99.

EDIT:

Even cheaper without SD card:

777.09€ for Blue and 784.69 for Black.

512GB can be got for just under 960 using above code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

No brainer for me to stick with Vodafone because I'm due an upgrade anyway, officially the end of this week. Rang them today to see if there was any possible lee way on the date and they offered me the phone today with 50 off. Its 400 on the 60 a month plan so got it for 350. Iv a 20 a month discount on that bill already because of no coverage in my house and they've told me that won't change. So happy days!

I'm trying hard not to order the copper 512gb Note 9 for 939 euro after my discount! What are the thoughts of that colour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I'm trying hard not to order the copper 512gb Note 9 for 939 euro after my discount! What are the thoughts of that colour?

I have always put my phone in a case so colour was never an issue.

Got the phone this morning. It's a serious piece of engineering. Ergonomics are going to take a bit of getting used to, not so much the sheer size but fingerprint and buttons are very high.

It's nice to have working Bluetooth back, f**k you HTC telling me to take a brand new car back to the dealer to see about a software update.

Weird to be back on a Samsung all the same.

• Advertisement

Whats with the notifications all being collapsed by default? Can't find anything to change it. It's a bit weird when you have things like replying and marking as read but you need to expand the notification to get at them.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Whats with the notifications all being collapsed by default? Can't find anything to change it. It's a bit weird when you have things like replying and marking as read but you need to expand the notification to get at them.

I can't remember it being any other way for a long time. I think they changed it a good while ago to group and condense notifications so they don't take up all of your screen with a huge list you have to scroll through.

Has anyone ordered from eGlobal? If so how long did it take to arrive?

Has anyone ordered from eGlobal? If so how long did it take to arrive?

Yep I did but only yesterday. A dual SIM copper 512gb model. I previously bought a S9+ off them and it came within a week.

Yep I did but only yesterday. A dual SIM copper 512gb model. I previously bought a S9+ off them and it came within a week.

Has it been shipped?

Asking as some of my orders came from Manchester and were here within 2 days of ordering. While others came in bulk from HK and then split and forwarded to individual buyers which sometimes tool 1.5 weeks.

If its 2-3 days I might order a 512gb myself.

Has it been shipped?

Asking as some of my orders came from Manchester and were here within 2 days of ordering. While others came in bulk from HK and then split and forwarded to individual buyers which sometimes tool 1.5 weeks.

If its 2-3 days I might order a 512gb myself.

No not yet, when I ordered the S9+ it was on processing for 3 days and then I got a shipped email with tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

If anyone manages to get an unlock code for the Note 9 to work can you PM me details? I've tried several places now and my IMEI isn't being listed. Do you have to connect to the original carriers network at least once?

I'm seeing them down to 780 euro delivered on eglobal at the moment..

I'm seeing them down to 780 euro delivered on eglobal at the moment..

768 for Black and Lavender.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Seeing a few popping up on Adverts for sound €780. Might hold out for a dual sim version which theoretically should be at risk of blacklisting etc here seeing as they don't sell them in dual sim version here.

Often wonder where these lads get them and can sell them cheaper than everyone else. Last phone I bought from one of these lads had three branding and was unlocked via a code at the time of purchase.

• Advertisement

Seeing a few popping up on Adverts for sound €780. Might hold out for a dual sim version which theoretically should be at risk of blacklisting etc here seeing as they don't sell them in dual sim version here.

Often wonder where these lads get them and can sell them cheaper than everyone else. Last phone I bought from one of these lads had three branding and was unlocked via a code at the time of purchase.

Most shops selling them on Adverts are bring them from UK, they are blacklisted over there or are very likely to be. They can get them cheap that way and sell here as most people never check if its blacklisted as long as their sim card works.

Most shops selling them on Adverts are bring them from UK, they are blacklisted over there or are very likely to be. They can get them cheap that way and sell here as most people never check if its blacklisted as long as their sim card works.

If they get blacklisted in UK they won't work here or Europe either. I'm sure eglobal ones are ok because they are all new and SIM free unlocked ones.

If they get blacklisted in UK they won't work here or Europe either.

Not true. If they are blacklisted on one network they will still work on another. I have come across people selling phones which are blacklisted on Vodafone but work fine on other networks here. I have come across many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Fairly unlikely to be a big selection of blacklisted phones after only 2 weeks on sale.

Not true. If they are blacklisted on one network they will still work on another. I have come across people selling phones which are blacklisted on Vodafone but work fine on other networks here. I have come across many.

I know of blacklisted phone that won't work anywhere UK or Ireland. I believe there is a database in Europe and networks share the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Why would a phone be blacklisted? I'm thinking about buying one of these adverts phones. Would it be blacklisted and still unopened?

Zenify wrote: »
    Why would a phone be blacklisted? I'm thinking about buying one of these adverts phones. Would it be blacklisted and still unopened?

If someone bought a phone under contract. Then they stop paying their bills within the contract the network will blacklist the phone
    , Very risky buying secondhand phones. Or obviously if stolen or if someone claimed a phone off insurance saying they lost the phone. The "lost" phone will get blacklisted.. I know someone who bought a phone and it got blacklisted because when the original owner sold it he claimed he lost it to get another phone!

I have heard that the adverts sellers will replace your phone if it stops working for any reason. They generally have no negative feedback.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I have heard that the adverts sellers will replace your phone if it stops working for any reason. They generally have no negative feedback.

The point is that they will not stop working here if its brought from UK. There are ads from such shops where people have asked about this and they said they cant guarantee that they will work in UK but will work here fine.

imeipro.info is a free site where you can check if it is in seconds.

Also yes that phone can be sealed and still be blacklisted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Clove offered to refund me because they're having stock problems with 512GB models.

Copper would have been my first choice color anyway...

Think i might try eGlobalcentral this round.

/Rant.

Advertisement