Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

quick question for anybody that has this new handset - using the pen, can you copy and paste on an email app?

banjobongo wrote: »
    quick question for anybody that has this new handset - using the pen, can you copy and paste on an email app?

I only use Gmail, and you can in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Any overall verdict after a few days Basil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

banjobongo wrote: »

yes it's so good. It was very frustrating on my S7 edge to select text this is very good.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Any overall verdict after a few days Basil.

Worth the upgrade from the Note 8 for the battery life alone. I'd say it's the most feature-packed phone out there, would recommend it to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,671 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What colour would be best? Is there a guy colour and a girl colour or can one colour suit all? Is the Lavender popular ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Think the only option is blue or black. I went with black but both would be unisex.

You can get the other colours from amazon probably but the prices are high at the moment compared to from networks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Is there any way to get the €800 price from Three still? It only shows up as €950 for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Will be getting the phone next week, stuck between what colour to get. What do the majority seem to have ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Will be getting the phone next week, stuck between what colour to get. What do the majority seem to have ?

Cheers

The copper one looks good I have to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Copper 512GB on Eglobal for under 1050. Great price for it considering they are 1199£ in UK.

Yeah been watching that, tempting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Had spotted that too, but the dual SIM thing is a bit off-putting. Haven't seen a regular F model on eglobal yet. Do they ever do them?

Curious why does a dual SIM put you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Considering selling my note 8 to buy the note 9. So tempting

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Curious why does a dual SIM put you off?

Maybe it's different now but I had a dual SIM phone a good while back and they never got updates near as quick as the main one did.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,671 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is there really a need for a normal user to go for the 512GB model?

I would but not for the 512 but the 8gb of ram, it should make the phone run a little quicker and smoother,, maybe........

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Due an upgrade with eir and have decided on the Samsung S9+ or Samsung S9 Note.

I noticed a lot of you are buying the phone from Amazon, is there a reason for this? I'd be an amateur when it comes to smartphones, as long as it has a very good camera and it isn't an iPhone I am usually happy. I'm upgrading from the Xperia XZ. Is it personal preference or would I be better off going for bill pay or prepay, and buy off a provider or Amazon?

Irish94 wrote: »

I noticed a lot of you are buying the phone from Amazon, is there a reason for this? I'd be an amateur when it comes to smartphones, as long as it has a very good camera and it isn't an iPhone I am usually happy. I'm upgrading from the Xperia XZ. Is it personal preference or would I be better off going for bill pay or prepay, and buy off a provider or Amazon?

You're always better off buying outright and not on contract. Amazon phones won't be locked to a network either.

• Advertisement

I haven't been on a contract for a good while, and buy phones outright, but I know plenty of people who are happy with their contracts and take an upgrade with it. If you're happy enough with your contract and have no reason to leave, then take the upgrade.

Note is better than S9+, so you might as well go for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated. If I buy the phone off Amazon would it be unlocked in the UK/USA for example? Also, any sellers in particular on Amazon that you guys would recommend? Thanks again for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated. If I buy the phone off Amazon would it be unlocked in the UK/USA for example? Also, any sellers in particular on Amazon that you guys would recommend? Thanks again for the help.

Any thing dispatched and sold by Amazon themselves is the best option always and also it will state sim free if its unlocked.

899£

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-6-4-Inch-Android-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Midnight-Black/dp/B07G3NCR2V/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1535741467&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=note+9&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Finally got to play around with mine last night/this morning. Its a serious piece of kit, i don't think i'll ever use half of the things it can do but nice to have the option. I'd forgotten how annoying it is switching from iOS to Android. Whatsapp still don't have a way of restoring chats from one OS to the other which is very frustrating, have tried a few different methods but none working. Anyone else had this problem before?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Basil3 wrote: »
    I haven't been on a contract for a good while, and buy phones outright, but I know plenty of people who are happy with their contracts and take an upgrade with it. If you're happy enough with your contract and have no reason to leave, then take the upgrade.

Note is better than S9+, so you might as well go for that.

How is it better only difference in the specs is screen size and battery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Patww79 wrote: »
    You're always better off buying outright and not on contract. Amazon phones won't be locked to a network either.
    Can you still get phonje insurance when you buy from Amazon?

pcuser wrote: »

I've never been asked where I got a phone when I used to take our insurance. Though I've never had to claim so I don't really know but I don't see why you couldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Patww79 wrote: »
    I've never been asked where I got a phone when I used to take our insurance. Though I've never had to claim so I don't really know but I don't see why you couldn't.

Thank you, My current phone is a S8, My insurance is with protectyourbubble. I had to use it once to repair a cracked screen. I was without my phone for 3 weeks. It took a week to get to the repair center in the UK sent by An Post Registered Post.THey had it delivered to the UK withing 36 days but it just sat there then for a few days. A week to fix it and another week before it arrived back at my house.

Im debating whether I should buy the Note 9 online and change the sim or wait until the s10 arrives.

How is it better only difference in the specs is screen size and battery?

Ok, it's not better. It just has a bigger screen and battery :pac:

It also has the S-Pen and all that comes with it, and double the storage. If you have a choice between the two, then the Note is the one to get.

• Advertisement

pcuser wrote: »

You need to check with your insurer. Gadget insurance stipulate that it must be purchased from the UK, Ireland, or US.

Advertisement