Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Lux23 wrote: »
    You've clearly never had to survive on the dole. I have and I did everything in my power to get off it and into a job where I wouldn't face that possibility again.

I haven’t and that’s being honest. I work 6 months on 6 months off as a tour coach driver.

The tips I get are enough to keep me going when I’m off and I’m a single man with just a car and motorbike as a bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

oceanman wrote: »
    be careful what you wish for.... I spent a number of years on the dole and was very glad when I finally got back to work, it aint all its cracked to be believe me.

Nobody wants to see people who are genuine out of work also out of pocket. No problem with the Sole for people who want to work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    Not by today's ludicrous standards of course.

I doubt there's a 3 bed council house, and even 2 beds, built on this island before the 70's that didn't typically house at least 6 children, and often more.

It's an amazing state of affairs really. A childless couple buying a two bed property are gambling that they'll have two boys or two girls. If there's an imbalance, they're paying 20K plus for an attic renovation.

Erica Fleming ends up having a boy she will be getting the council to move her to a 3 bed gratis.

It's mind boggling.

The father lived in a 2 bed with his mother and 3 siblings.

Never did him any harm - my nan slept either on the couch or with the giels and the boys took the other room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

Dude89 wrote: »
    You missed Large amounts of Immigration by unskilled "Economic Migrants" with no means of supporting themselves or their families and still they apply for family reunification who Houses them?

You're not allowed to say that!!!!!! :pac:

Not one person with their finger in the homeless pie is prepared to ask why we are building, buying or otherwise acquiring houses for refugees during the height of the worst housing crisis in 50 years.

If an owner of an apartment block served notice on tenants to leave because it was being sold to a foreign vulture fund people like Coppinger and Murphy would be all over it like a rash.

A private landlord serves notice on his tenants to leave as he is selling the property to the state for use as refugee housing, they wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.

http://www.munster-express.ie/front-page-news/ferrybank-housing-reshuffle/

• Advertisement

I haven’t and that’s being honest. I work 6 months on 6 months off as a tour coach driver.

The tips I get are enough to keep me going when I’m off and I’m a single man with just a car and motorbike as a bill.

Wait for the snide comments about the tips being declared Prisoner! That's the level of deflection for some here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

And that is a rare example sadly.

No, it is not. My parents went through the same thing in the 80s/early 90s. Several of my friends lost their jobs in the recession and struggled to find even low paid jobs. In 2011, I already had ten years' working experience with half of it in professional positions, and I couldn't even get a job in my local Spar. I was educated, experienced and could work any hour they asked.

Now imagine if I had even one child how different that would be. I got through it because there was only me and I always had the support of family when things got very tough. I had to do a jobbridge - how would a parent complete an internship with no pay?

If you want women like Margaret Cash to work then you should support welfare to work programmes where you get an education and free childcare.

Melendez wrote: »
    And, of course, you declare the tips to revenue ...

I’d be alone on that I’d say if I did

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

....so as to keep Ms. Cash in the (manor), manner, which she deserves.'

I’d be alone on that I’d say if I did

So you're essentially scamming the taxpayer?

• Advertisement

Wait for the snide comments about the tips being declared Prisoner! That's the level of deflection for some here.

It already started before you posted.

im next to get hammered for working.

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    You're not allowed to say that!!!!!! :pac:

Not one person with their finger in the homeless pie is prepared to ask why we are building, buying or otherwise acquiring houses for refugees during the height of the worst housing crisis in 50 years.

If an owner of an apartment block served notice on tenants to leave because it was being sold to a foreign vulture fund people like Coppinger and Murphy would be all over it like a rash.

A private landlord serves notice on his tenants to leave as he is selling the property to the state for use as refugee housing, they wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.

http://www.munster-express.ie/front-page-news/ferrybank-housing-reshuffle/

Rabble rabble racist uncaring genuine cases blah blah blah blah.

Why exactly are we shipping more mouths to feed ? If the Aquarius or whatever picks people up 25km from Libya - feed them, water them and drop them back there!

We argue that Cash woman has too many kids and can't support them let alone more. Aren't we as a country just her on a bigger scale ?

We can't house our own but we bring more in ???

Here we go.

It already started before you posted.

im next to get hammered for working.

Yeah that's their MO alright.

Getting bloody ridiculous the amount of enablers for workshy scumbags there are.

Oh give it a rest. He is the taxpayer - we all are! Well the likes of Cash are not but the normal ones amongst us are.

Why are people so determined to demonise hard working people, often commuting long distances to work, for nothing more that contributing and taking nothing ?

What is the reason ???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

In my circle of friends and family I know of so many parents who have taken in their adult kids so they can save for a mortgage . They squeez back in with partners and kids and simply make do . Across the road a young couple with two children have bought a house , it needs complete re furbishing after it being rented for 20 years . They have moved in with her parents and come every day after work to get the house painted etc
    The kids sleep top to tail in a box room and the pride on the faces when they turned the key was a joy . Their kids will be solid and work hard too
    And so on it goes , one half of the population does this and the other half leech on them with encouragement from our government

• Registered Users Posts: 23,732 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Which of yis is the pen holder to the Indo?
    The figures are slightly wrong though (€193 instead of €198), hence a c&p from this thread
    GdFXgnJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

oceanman wrote: »
    be careful what you wish for.... I spent a number of years on the dole and was very glad when I finally got back to work, it aint all its cracked to be believe me.
    You see, the honest folk on the dole short term between jobs don't get the full dole.
    No medical card, rent allowance/Hap etc
    I was on the dole for 9 months in 2008-9, and like you I worked hard to get off it.

zell12 wrote: »
    Which of yis is the pen holder to the Indo?
    The figures are slightly wrong though (€193 instead of €198), hence a c&p from this thread
    GdFXgnJ.png

John Connolly, I bow to you sir - well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

dav3 wrote: »
    Shall we take that for all your posts, or just the ones that you are called out on?
    You can do whatever the hell you want, you're no concern of mine at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

What? So even more can be spent on the wasters? Lol!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

Rabble rabble racist uncaring genuine cases blah blah blah blah.

Why exactly are we shipping more mouths to feed ? If the Aquarius or whatever picks people up 25km from Libya - feed them, water them and drop them back there!

We argue that Cash woman has too many kids and can't support them let alone more. Aren't we as a country just her on a bigger scale ?

We can't house our own but we bring more in ???

What one must remember is that people like Murphy and Coppinger don't care about the crisis.

They care about getting elected.

If they can bitch and moan on behalf of a few thousand wasters in their respective constituencies, and can then get a few hundred outsiders allocated to social housing in their area, they care not what the working people evicted from private housing care about their stance, as they were never going to vote for them anyway. The only possible drama is when the Irish on the social waiting list realise they've been usurped in the queue by the outsider. Something Coppinger will probably put down to government mismanagement when she's out canvassing, despite the fact she is fully in favour of it. It's easy to trick the uneducated. Fast forward 10 years, Copps now has the welfare lifers and the Syrians with the new passports voting for her.

People who go to work and buy houses and rent on the private market are collaborators with the regime who should be treated with contempt as far as this mob are concerned.

Yeah that's their MO alright.

Getting bloody ridiculous the amount of enablers for workshy scumbags there are.

There isn’t s single coach driver in the country declaring that money, and is like to meet one of their is.

I pay tax on my wages while I’m away, those tips are handed to me at the end of each tour which can last weeks.

I don’t claim a cent from the state when I’m not working even though strictly speaking I could.

You don’t hear that but being mentioned.

I’m 26, could qualify for full dole of €10k a year and a medical card.

I don’t have either and don’t want to.

I’d probably get more respect if I did though :rolleyes:

Oh give it a rest. He is the taxpayer - we all are! Well the likes of Cash are not but the normal ones amongst us are.

Why are people so determined to demonise hard working people, often commuting long distances to work, for nothing more that contributing and taking nothing ?

What is the reason ???

Why are you so intent on demonising innocent children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

There isn’t s single coach driver in the country declaring that money, and is like to meet one of their is.

I pay tax on my wages while I’m away, those tips are handed to me at the end of each tour which can last weeks.

I don’t claim a cent from the state when I’m not working even though strictly speaking I could.

From idiots yes - but from those of us who actually work, good on you - sounds like a long day is the norm!

Why are you so intent on demonising innocent children?

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Show me where I have done that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

No, so that less can be taken from my salary in tax. I have to subsidise all the tax frausdsters who don't pay their fair share of tax.

Amazing that people are on here are defending tax cheats.
    Really? And if you were in his position, you would declare it? The less money those scum have to thieve from us, the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭oceanman

do you really think that less would taken from your salary!???

• Advertisement

You're only 26 and you could lose that job tomorrow. When I was your age everyone around me worked. A year later nearly all of my friends had lost their jobs or were working fewer hours. Some left the country, one or two never got a job again because they were in their 40s working in the construction industry in 2007, and are considered too old for a lot the work now.

Don't be cocky mate, you're only ever one paycheck away from unemployment and homelessness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement