Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

But if the people who complain about travellers want any change, then they're going to also have to change their attitude towards travellers. Both sides are going to have to move, that's how any negotiation works.

You keep banging that same drum, do you accept that it’s not actually a black and white situation? Most settled people that work and pay taxes just hope they don’t get robbed by travellers, no animosity, just hoping they be left alone. The home I grew up in and my present home have robbed on 7 different occasions by travellers confirmed by An Gardaí, we are not wealthy but the properties were easily accessible. So is it a 50/50 situation, settled tax payers are just biggoted racists and they are thieving anti social scum and we all need to be peace loving forgivers and we’ll all get along? Get a hold of yourself.

If you want to talk percentages, I’ll estimate 99.999% of them need to cop the f*ck on before .001% start accepting them.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    in the event of a complete removal of all travellers from society all of a sudden one day what would be the negative implications of this ?
    A reference to the International Court of Justice?

Seriously? What are you calling for (except, perhaps, attention)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

A reference to the International Court of Justice?

Seriously? What are you calling for (except, perhaps, attention)?

im seeing if you can make some points about what travellers contribute to our society while deserving to take so so much ? its not hard to understand really

you after all claim to have good knowledge of traveller culture right ?

so go ahead lets see some examples

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

in the event of a complete removal of all travellers from society all of a sudden one day what would be the negative implications of this ?

there are plenty of immigrant groups who came to Ireland and added to Ireland but travellers are ment to be Irish and have never added anything just taken ?

Seeing as we are playing fantasy games.

Id happily swap all our travellers for the same number of refugees, honestly I would prefer live next door to islamists than travellers, a lot less chaos and litter.

Seeing as we are playing fantasy games.

Id happily swap all our travellers for the same number of refugees, honestly I would prefer live next door to islamists than travellers, a lot less chaos and litter.

I’d rather live next door to a leaking nuclear power plant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I defy anyone here, who went to a non fee-paying school, to tell me they've never encountered anti-traveller bullying by their peers.

I went to a non fee-paying school and didn't encounter anti-traveller bullying by my peers. One traveller did however threaten to box the face off me, and made the same threat to my friend on a separate occasion. He didn't stay in the school for very long and he's since been charged with a number of road traffic offences.

Another traveller stabbed me twice with a pencil and also threatened to box the face off me. On a different occasion he threw one of those geometry set compasses with the needle at the back of my head. From what I've heard, he's since been jailed for murder.

Similar to our broken welfare system, the school covered the costs of trips/books for students like that - presumably out of "voluntary contributions" that were requested from our parents. Meanwhile our tax paying parents had to pay for our books, uniforms, school trips etc.

Nice fellas those travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,091 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Nobody bullied the traveller kids in my school for the short time they attended. They would not dare.

Indeed.

My experience is that people fear travellers.

You'd want to be awful brave, or naive, to bully a traveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

Geuze wrote: »

Nobody bullied the traveller kids in my school for the short time they attended. They would not dare.

Indeed.

My experience is that people fear travellers.

You'd want to be awful brave, or naive, to bully a traveller.

Because it is a gang. All related in one town. Have a fight with a settled lad and the most you have to deal with is his closest buddy. Take on one of the gang and you get everyone in the family from 1st class to 6th class.

I have met a few good travellers in the gym and two in school. But, all of those were genuinely poor. Not a bean to their name. They were bullied very badly by fellow wealthier travellers. Given it was late 70's and early 80's, nobody had money. My dad had loads of time for the older guys in his job but he always felt the younger ones were dangerously aggressive.

Lots of travellers work and vast majority are self employed. But, look up the businesses and none are registered and the name changes on the vans every 2 years or so. Tax is not an option. Revenue are not interested and neither are the gardai.

The treatment of women in the community is a disgrace. It is old Ireland of the sixties and before. Women's place is the home crap. We live near a school and see the girls at about 14 outside the school to pick up the younger ones. They are not allowed educate themselves or there appears to be an acceptance of this lack of education in women. The carrot approach of pleading for change doesn't work, a large stick is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Me and my fiancée were out getting takeaway in Limerick city last night. I went in to the toilets to piss and wash my hands and came back out. Ginger traveller and his sons shouting N(rhymes with digger) lover at her because there was a black man beside her.

Read a very funny post on here a few months ago about AAA/PBP trying to organize a massive protest in Dublin over a muslim family house getting vandalized. They quickly called it off and deleted all posts about it when it turned out it was travellers terrorizing the family.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/council-seeks-to-remove-mother-and-children-from-vacant-house-1.3629667

Don’t mess Chase, Harper rose or Pixy about or she’ll send the rest of the Paw Patrol after you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Nothing like the whinging of the "buh buh MY TAXES" crowd to start off a funny weekend :)

im seeing if you can make some points about what travellers contribute to our society while deserving to take so so much ? its not hard to understand really

you after all claim to have good knowledge of traveller culture right ?
    No, no I didn't.

I don't even know what 'traveller culture' is supposed to consist of. I assume you are confusing me with somebody else.
    I went to a non fee-paying school and didn't encounter anti-traveller bullying by my peers. One traveller did however threaten to box the face off me, and made the same threat to my friend on a separate occasion. He didn't stay in the school for very long and he's since been charged with a number of road traffic offences.

Another traveller stabbed me twice with a pencil and also threatened to box the face off me. On a different occasion he threw one of those geometry set compasses with the needle at the back of my head. From what I've heard, he's since been jailed for murder.

Similar to our broken welfare system, the school covered the costs of trips/books for students like that - presumably out of "voluntary contributions" that were requested from our parents. Meanwhile our tax paying parents had to pay for our books, uniforms, school trips etc.

Nice fellas those travellers.
    I must be the only person here who has seen traveller children bullied and/or isolated in schoolyards. Or maybe I imagined it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I must be the only person here who has seen traveller children bullied and/or isolated in schoolyards. Or maybe I imagined it!

I remember seing them be called smelly numerous times by people not even close enough to smell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Me and my fiancée were out getting takeaway in Limerick city last night. I went in to the toilets to piss and wash my hands and came back out. Ginger traveller and his sons shouting N(rhymes with digger) lover at her because there was a black man beside her.

Read a very funny post on here a few months ago about AAA/PBP trying to organize a massive protest in Dublin over a muslim family house getting vandalized. They quickly called it off and deleted all posts about it when it turned out it was travellers terrorizing the family.

Well there you go , you ll always find common ground when you look hard enough, perhaps some of the posters here could build on this dislike of Muslims that they apparently share with the travelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I am ashamed of how our guberment is treating us hard working people and yet these absolute parasites can get anything and everything they want.

I can't afford to live in Dublin and can't even afford to rent or buy.

I had to move an hour outside of it to be able to afford to have a roof and now commute.

Why can't the papers and news show it how bad it is for us.

If I took over a house tomorrow I would expect to be dragged out and charged so why isn't this being done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Well there you go , you ll always find common ground when you look hard enough, perhaps some of the posters here could build on this dislike of Muslims that they apparently share with the travelers.

well lets see what impact Muslims will have on Irish society /How they will raise their children what they will contribute ....

I bet it will be a hell of a lot more than Travellers have in the generations that have lived in Ireland and they will do it in only one generation

well lets see what impact Muslims will have on Irish society /How they will raise their children what they will contribute ....

I bet it will be a hell of a lot more than Travellers have in the generations that have lived in Ireland and they will do it in only one generation

there u go , maybe the best way to accepting Muslims is to double down on the hatred of travelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

there u go , maybe the best way to accepting Muslims is to double down on the hatred of travelers.

Where did the poster say they hated or implied they hated travellers...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

sightband wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/council-seeks-to-remove-mother-and-children-from-vacant-house-1.3629667

Don’t mess Chase, Harper rose or Pixy about or she’ll send the rest of the Paw Patrol after you.
    Ok she has 3 kids and wants secure housing for them I understand that but JESUS F*CKING CHRIST the attitude of this woman is terrible. Surely just pure osmosis would let her in on the fact that housing/renting/mortgages in this country is a shambles for just about everybody. She literally stole a whole f*cking house and that's the government's fault?? And yet again whoever is interviewing her wouldn't dare suggest she has done anything wrong at all. What a country we live in :mad::mad:

Your the one who compared Muslim and Travellers as if both are somehow equal in status as a minority in this Country, Im just pointing out that one are people who in private practice a particular form of religion but otherwise work,live and respect the place they live and raise their children to be the best they can be and have in the most part a positive impact on the people around them the other do none of this and make the lives of those near them a misery,engage in criminality and are the cause of vast amounts of resources being wasted that could be used for any number of other more worthwhile reasons .

• Advertisement

Your the one who compared Muslim and Travellers as if both are somehow equal in status as a minority in this Country, Im just pointing out that one are people who in private practice a particular form of religion but otherwise work,live and respect the place they live and raise their children to be the best they can be and have in the most part a positive impact on the people around them the other do none of this and make the lives of those near them a misery,engage in criminality and are the cause of vast amounts of resources being wasted that could be used for any number of other more worthwhile reasons .

Well said

cliggg wrote: »
    Ok she has 3 kids and wants secure housing for them I understand that but JESUS F*CKING CHRIST the attitude of this woman is terrible. Surely just pure osmosis would let her in on the fact that housing/renting/mortgages in this country is a shambles for just about everybody. She literally stole a whole f*cking house and that's the government's fault?? And yet again whoever is interviewing her wouldn't dare suggest she has done anything wrong at all. What a country we live in :mad::mad:

Do we have to be careful going away for the weekend or on holiday now just in case some freeloading Q jumper moves into your house cause "its bleedin empty"

There are genuine working homeless people in this country who will never get the help they deserve because of shiftless lazy ar*e freeloaders like this

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

Muslims are in the main polite, law abiding and willing to work, they are in the main much more Conservative than your average Irish person but I've yet to be able to claim 100% of my dealings with Muslims has been negative, unlike travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

sightband wrote: »

Put herself on the waiting list 10 years ago, and then decided to have three kids. What was she thinking!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,987 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

n97 mini wrote: »
    Put herself on the waiting list 10 years ago, and then decided to have three kids. What was she thinking!?

And as always never a sign of the husband(s)/partner(s)/baby-daddy(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

At 19 one shouldn't be allowed, ridiculous but most likely to have followed her mother and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

She was thinking of getting a free house..

At 19 one shouldn't be allowed, ridiculous but most likely to have followed her mother and so on.
    Interesting that you feel entitled to speculate about her mother's sexual history, but seemingly have nothing to say about the father of these children, and whether that man's father was a responsible person?

On the Frederick Street thread, people were complaining that a house was being occupied in the city centre, and not a vacant house in 'somewhere like Darndale'. Now that a Darndale woman is occupying a house in her local area, I suppose we'll all have to find some other cause for outrage.

But her children's names!
    Yerra like mother like daughter!

Am I doing this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Odelay wrote: »
    She was thinking of getting a free house..

Hopefully the local authority follow through and kick her off the list from breaking in and illegally occupying a social house .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

Interesting that you feel entitled to speculate about her mother's sexual history, but seemingly have nothing to say about the father of these children, and whether that man's father was a responsible person?

On the Frederick Street thread, people were complaining that a house was being occupied in the city centre, and not a vacant house in 'somewhere like Darndale'. Now that a Darndale woman is occupying a house in her local area, I suppose we'll all have to find some other cause for outrage.

But her children's names!
    Yerra like mother like daughter!

Am I doing this right?

Where did he speculate on the mothers sexual history??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement