Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert results 2018

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

sligolad1 wrote: »
    I see on the reviewing scripts form they mention that it's possible to request a copy of all your scripts under GDPR. Just wondering how this would work? Would it be photocopies or the original? What about orals?

Photocopies.

They will send a tape with your oral BUT the examiners questions will be cut out of the recording, it will just be your voice.

This however will not be delivered until after recheck closing date, so its no use really other than curiosity.

Also if you are viewing scripts, you are permitted to take a digital devise into the viewing session to take photos of your scripts

How does the HEAR point system work?

I am still a few points short of what my no. 1 choice was last year. (12 points off)
    I qualify for HEAR. How many extra points will i get and when? Will they let the CAO know before Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kittychan

613 here, over the moon! Hope everyone is happy with their results!

Congrats...that's a very good score :)
    Delighted by my 601 ( i hope its enough for trinity )

Repeating was definitely worth it for me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

How does the HEAR point system work?

I am still a few points short of what my no. 1 choice was last year. (12 points off)
    I qualify for HEAR. How many extra points will i get and when? Will they let the CAO know before Monday?
    See Chili's answer in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sophie555

Guys head over to the cao post I set up. Hopefully someone will get the points early and post them there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sophie555 wrote: »
    Guys head over to the cao post I set up. Hopefully someone will get the points early and post them there!

Nobody will get the points early. They will be published in the papers as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

spurious wrote: »
    Nobody will get the points early. They will be published in the papers as usual.

Points available from 6am

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We have the points watch every year. Usually someone gets their hands on an early paper and scans or photographs it.

Be careful. There is always some clown who posts 'fake news' here.

We have the points watch every year. Usually someone gets their hands on an early paper and scans or photographs it.

Be careful. There is always some clown who posts 'fake news' here.

Yes that's what I meant sorry. By early, I meant if someone has the paper early and attached a photo of the points!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I went through most of the papers in the shop and can't find anything re course points.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    I went through most of the papers in the shop and can't find anything re course points.

Not in the papers till tomorrow but often the papers gets leaked some time after midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 doctorXwho

Do I need my PIN number to appeal my results? I never got one off my school... is there any other way I could get it?

doctorXwho wrote: »
    Do I need my PIN number to appeal my results? I never got one off my school... is there any other way I could get it?

I dont think you need the pin to appeal. Correct me if im wrong though!

I dont think you need the pin to appeal. Correct me if im wrong though!

I've been looking at the rules for viewing/appealing papers and it says you need to log in using your examination number and pin number in order to make a request to appeal. Otherwise you have to send in the money before you even view the papers

doctorXwho wrote: »
    I've been looking at the rules for viewing/appealing papers and it says you need to log in using your examination number and pin number in order to make a request to appeal. Otherwise you have to send in the money before you even view the papers

The deadline is 5th September. It is that late so that you have a chance to view the scripts first.

Where are you seeing you have to send money if you don't have your exam number?

It says you can get a giro form if you can't use the online system. It specifically points out that you need to get it in time to send it back. You don't have to send it before you see the scripts.

The deadline is 5th September. It is that late so that you have a chance to view the scripts first.

Where are you seeing you have to send money if you don't have your exam number?

It says you can get a giro form if you can't use the online system. It specifically points out that you need to get it in time to send it back. You don't have to send it before you see the scripts.

Yes but it also says that to ensure the SEC recieves the giro form on time, it's recommended that you send it before you view the scripts.

It says if you don't pay online, you have to pay in the bank and get the form to the school on Monday the 3rd to be sure it gets to Athlone.
    The viewings are the previous Friday and Saturday.

I'm really not seeing the issue.

It says if you don't pay online, you have to pay in the bank and get the form to the school on Monday the 3rd to be sure it gets to Athlone.
    The viewings are the previous Friday and Saturday.

I'm really not seeing the issue.

Sorry I must have misread it! My mistake :3

Nevertheless it would be much more convenient to make an appeal online. Maybe I could get my PIN number from my school?

Yes of course you can. Any school I know keeps records of the PIN letters as they know people forget/lose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

What was the general feeling on Irish? Was it marked hard or not?

• Advertisement
Advertisement