Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert results 2018

Options
  • 08-08-2018 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I thought I'd start this thread if anyone wants to share their results/opinions on results in different subjects etc.ðŸ˜႒

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

I am so excited atm...i for some reason cant wait to see my results

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LLAMAMILK

The exams this year in all the subjects I sat were so unique to previous years.

Most of my exams went okay except Economics. It was my best subject throughout the two years but the exam was nasty so I won't get a H1 or a H2 in it sadly.

French and English were surprisingly easier than previous years for me so I'm hoping to get H4s in them . Then again my timing and grammar wasn't great!

I only do OL maths and found the exam fine. There were a few trick questions but I literally only need an O4 for my course .

Home Ec was lovely. Literally a replica of the mock. Shorts were awkward and the table was a bit confusing but praying for a H1.

Business was just ok. Shorts were crap and definitely brought me down. The abq was easier than previous years but the longs were disappointing . Hoping for a H3/2.

LCVP was another weird exam. Didn't like it but my portfolio is to a very high standard and you don't need to be getting full marks in the written for a distinction. So I don't know what I got?

Yep I'm excited as well even though I'm not gonna get 500-600 points. I need 414 for my course in DIT but preferably about 435 to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sophie555

LLAMAMILK wrote: »
    The exams this year in all the subjects I sat were so unique to previous years.

Most of my exams went okay except Economics. It was my best subject throughout the two years but the exam was nasty so I won't get a H1 or a H2 in it sadly.

French and English were surprisingly easier than previous years for me so I'm hoping to get H4s in them . Then again my timing and grammar wasn't great!

I only do OL maths and found the exam fine. There were a few trick questions but I literally only need an O4 for my course .

Home Ec was lovely. Literally a replica of the mock. Shorts were awkward and the table was a bit confusing but praying for a H1.

Business was just ok. Shorts were crap and definitely brought me down. The abq was easier than previous years but the longs were disappointing . Hoping for a H3/2.

LCVP was another weird exam. Didn't like it but my portfolio is to a very high standard and you don't need to be getting full marks in the written for a distinction. So I don't know what I got?

Yep I'm excited as well even though I'm not gonna get 500-600 points. I need 414 for my course in DIT but preferably about 435 to be safe.

I'd say you definitely got your points! I do business and french as well. I agree with you on business, I was quite disappointed with the long Q's. I'd love a H2 but think I might get a H3 as I stupidly took away the benefit in kind in the tax Q as I didn't have enough time to read it properly! I need 477 but 487 would be nice to be safe! French I'm hoping for a H3. English hopefully a H3 as well.

I am so excited atm...i for some reason cant wait to see my results

I'm quite nervous ATM!! What points do you need for what course?:)

Sophie555 wrote: »
    I'm quite nervous ATM!! What points do you need for what course?:)

Nervous and excited at the same time, its a wierd feeling :) !!

I am hoping for high enough points, 530 to be safe, but im not so sure if ill get that. If i get the course i want, i will only have just about scraped the right amount of points. If not, my second course is also in UCC and is about 450, so i feel a bit more confident with those points (still high enough though)

I also did Business and feel the same way as ye! Same with french and english.
    English was different and unique like you said, but surprisingly not too hard ( i was tempted to do lower on the day of the exam...glad i didnt)

I am hoping for a H1 in both Bio and Chem. After the exam i did what i was always told never to do....anylise the exam and how i did :( i worked both of them out as about 90/91 % so it all depends on which way the bell curve will push me. !!!

• Advertisement

Nervous and excited at the same time, its a wierd feeling :) !!

I am hoping for high enough points, 530 to be safe, but im not so sure if ill get that. If i get the course i want, i will only have just about scraped the right amount of points. If not, my second course is also in UCC and is about 450, so i feel a bit more confident with those points (still high enough though)

I also did Business and feel the same way as ye! Same with french and english.
    English was different and unique like you said, but surprisingly not too hard ( i was tempted to do lower on the day of the exam...glad i didnt)

I am hoping for a H1 in both Bio and Chem. After the exam i did what i was always told never to do....anylise the exam and how i did :( i worked both of them out as about 90/91 % so it all depends on which way the bell curve will push me. !!!

Hopefully we both get the points we need! How do you think you did in maths?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RebelRising18

Anxiously waiting for my results next week. I put a lot of work in over the two years and are hoping for around 450 points. I know for a fact that I’ll be surprised with some results as they’ll either be better or worse than expected. I wish you all the best of luck with your results!

Anxiously waiting for my results next week. I put a lot of work in over the two years and are hoping for around 450 points. I know for a fact that I’ll be surprised with some results as they’ll either be better or worse than expected. I wish you all the best of luck with your results!

Thank you! Best of luck to you too:) what course are you hoping for?

Thank you! Best of luck to you too:) what course are you hoping for?

Accounting UCC/CIT

Accounting UCC/CIT

Ahh I want to do accounting in dcu! How did you find the Accounting exam?

• Advertisement

Ahh I want to do accounting in dcu! How did you find the Accounting exam?

Published was pretty nasty and 8(b) also but otherwise okay.

Published was pretty nasty and 8(b) also but otherwise okay.

I was planning to no do ratios and do the other 2Qs in section 2 and I studied them all a part from published and service and published came up!! I was so devestated and just attempted ratios even though I could remember like none of the ratios! We did Q9 only so I had to answer that and it was flexible which just made the exam 10 times worse! I was capable of a H1/2 but with that exam I'll get a H4 maximum. Was so gutted:(

What other subjects did you do?

Hopefully we both get the points we need! How do you think you did in maths?:)

I was smiling on friday evening coming out of paper 1!!

But then Monday came. along with paper 2, financial maths and a big load of guess work!!
    Paper 2 was difficult enough imo!

Wbu? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 doctorXwho

I'm getting increasingly nervous as it gets closer! I think I got my points but that's not taking the bell curve into account. Overall, my exams went well enough except for applied maths :/
    I'm excited to open my results though :D

I was smiling on friday evening coming out of paper 1!!

But then Monday came. along with paper 2, financial maths and a big load of guess work!!
    Paper 2 was difficult enough imo!

Wbu? :)

Yeah I thought paper 1 the logs long Q and the last long Q were hard and parts of paper 2 as well, although the first long Q on p2 was nice. Hoping for a H4 but might be a H5 as the long Qs were quite challenging for me. What grade are you expecting?

doctorXwho wrote: »
    I'm getting increasingly nervous as it gets closer! I think I got my points but that's not taking the bell curve into account. Overall, my exams went well enough except for applied maths :/
    I'm excited to open my results though :D

That's good you think you got your points! Yeah I'm very anxious this week as its so soon!! What course are you hoping for?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 doctorXwho

That's good you think you got your points! Yeah I'm very anxious this week as its so soon!! What course are you hoping for?:)

I'm hoping for physics but if the bell curve doesnt work my way, Ill go to UCD for engineering

Yeah I thought paper 1 the logs long Q and the last long Q were hard and parts of paper 2 as well, although the first long Q on p2 was nice. Hoping for a H4 but might be a H5 as the long Qs were quite challenging for me. What grade are you expecting?

Also, paper 1 had a lot of patterns/sequences/series which i wasn't expecting.

I am also hoping for a H4, but hopefully i just about managed a h3?

All my exams, I predict will be border line :(

Also, paper 1 had a lot of patterns/sequences/series which i wasn't expecting.

I am also hoping for a H4, but hopefully i just about managed a h3?

All my exams, I predict will be border line :(

Yeah most of the exams I'm predicting grades in are also border line which makes me quite anxious! Hopefully the marking schemes and bell curve works in our favour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 odwyeroisin

It's looking to me like a lot of my subjects are on the border between grades. I think whether I get my points will be dependent on how I did in English and Applied Maths..

• Advertisement

It's looking to me like a lot of my subjects are on the border between grades. I think whether I get my points will be dependent on how I did in English and Applied Maths..

Yeah I'm the exact same! Accounting was one of my best subjects but sadly the exam went awful. Most of my subjects are on the boarder as well which is quite nerve wrecking. Anyways, hopefully we get the grades we need and want! What course are you hoping to do?:)

My number one option is Computational Thinking in Maynooth which went up from 495 to 509 last year, so to be safe I'd probably need like 520? And Applied Maths would usually be my H1 subject .. but I made a blunder or two in the exam, so who knows what'll happen.

Also I don't think the fact that I regularly think over papers helps my sanity xD

Also I don't think the fact that I regularly think over papers helps my sanity xD

Aren't we all the same :D:D
    Even though its the one thing we are always told not to do :confused::confused:

Aren't we all the same :D:D
    Even though its the one thing we are always told not to do :confused::confused:

I literally look at the exams everyday trying to calculate my grades😂😂

I'm the same!! What subjects did you do?

I did Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at Higher Level. Wbu?

I did Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at Higher Level. Wbu?

Nice! How was biology and chemistry for you? I did Irish, English, maths, french, religion, business, biology and accounting at HL.

I was just looking at your course there as I'd never heard of it before, looks interesting! Can't believe you need a H2 in maths for it😮

I found Biology quite difficult - definitely my worst exam. Chemistry went quite well, hopefully H2+ :|
    I was just looking at your course there as I'd never heard of it before, looks interesting! Can't believe you need a H2 in maths for it��

Yeah, although it's the 509 points that I'm worried most about xD

Yeah, although it's the 509 points that I'm worried most about xD

Omg same, biology was so bad for me! I would normally be a H2/1 but after that I would be sooo lucky to have gotten a H3, it was awful tbh! Accounting was probably my strongest subject and it went awful as well:( hopefully Irish, religion and business bring me up as I need 477!

Oh you're going for Accounting in DCU? My number 3 and 6 offers are DCU. Data Science and Computer Applications respectively.

• Advertisement

Oh you're going for Accounting in DCU? My number 3 and 6 offers are DCU. Data Science and Computer Applications respectively.
    I am indeed! I really hope the points don't go up!! My brother is currently doing computer applications in DCU, it's a great course:)

Advertisement