Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert results 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Is it a big deal to ask to view all your scripts or is it done regularly? I heard from someone that when you request one they all come together anyway or is that just bs

I was wondering the same thing! I dont wanna cause too much hassel haha..but if im looking through 1 or 2...i might as well look through all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6 charlotteblack

Sophie555 wrote: »
    Aw good luck! What subjects did you do?:)

biology, chemistry, spanish and music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sophie555

biology, chemistry, spanish and music :)

How did you find biology?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Are the marking schemes out tomorrow?

Marking schemes only get uploaded during/after the rechecks.

Liordi wrote: »

They are provided to students viewing scripts though, which is before the rechecks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Is it a big deal to ask to view all your scripts or is it done regularly? I heard from someone that when you request one they all come together anyway or is that just bs

Not a big deal at all really, I did it and a lot of my friends did it last year too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Also I don't think the fact that I regularly think over papers helps my sanity xD
    It really doesn't, guys!! :p
    I was just looking at your course there as I'd never heard of it before, looks interesting! Can't believe you need a H2 in maths for it
    That course requires a particular way of thinking which often comes with good maths ability. I suspect that's why they've set the bar quite high.
    LLAMAMILK wrote: »
    Can't wait to get them. I keep having dreams about all sorts of grades I'll get! Nerves kicking in a little bit!
    At least you're not having the "re-doing the Irish oral in the nip" dream, that seems to be fairly popular each year! :D
    Are the marking schemes out tomorrow?
    Liordi wrote: »
    Marking schemes will be available online a couple of days before the sessions to view scripts.

How did you find biology?:)
    to say the least, it wasn’t what i thought it was going to be 😂 overall it wasn’t too bad but it definitely could have gone better - what subjects did you take? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MkaylaK

This inability to sleep is the worst! Didn't sleep last night either with nerves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Murp7784

Can anyone else sleep, its 4.27am and im just tossing and turning about these results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

Murp7784 wrote: »
    Can anyone else sleep, its 4.27am and im just tossing and turning about these results

I'm a Mom and can't sleep waiting on these results..just checked my son and he is also awake ! Best of luck to all of you waiting on results.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Remember, however the results go, they do not define you.

As regards courses, there is always another way to get where you want.

Most people will be pleased, some may be disappointed, but the sun will still rise tomorrow and the world will be even better with all of you and your potential in it. It's the start of a fantastic new chapter.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

Best of luck to you all today! :)

to say the least, it wasn’t what i thought it was going to be 😂 overall it wasn’t too bad but it definitely could have gone better - what subjects did you take? :)

Biology, business, accounting, french and religionðŸ˜႒

MkaylaK wrote: »
    This inability to sleep is the worst! Didn't sleep last night either with nerves!!

I slept more the night before English Paper 1 :(

Which wasn't that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Good morning all. I’m sitting here in bed having been awake since 6.00am thinking about my daughters results today. She, on the other hand is fast asleep with an alarm set for 9.00am - great stuff. I’m thinking back to 5 years ago when my older daughter got her results and despite doing very well she didn’t secure her first choice and was completely heartbroken. As a parent it was soul destroying not to be able to do anything for her. Fast forward five years and she is so happy and successful in her job it’s amazing. To all of you getting your results today please know that while you may have plans for your life, your life has plans for you and they are the ones that will win in the end. Not securing your first choice may be the best thing in the world for you - it certainly was for my daughter. Good luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Good luck everyone, I hope you all get what you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Best of luck to all receiving their results today. I remember this day although it was a few years ago, nervousness and excitement with an overshadowing gloom 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

have to wait until twelve to get my results online. It's killing me haha.
    good luck to everyone else today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

Good luck everyone!

Just realised it's been ten years since I opened up my results. I'll never forget the feeling... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

KevW24601 wrote: »
    Good luck everyone!

Just realised it's been ten years since I opened up my results. I'll never forget the feeling... :P

Hah i'm on the same boat! best of luck to everyone getting their results today!

Hope everyone is happy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

Very best of luck to everyone getting their results today

"If you can dream it, you can do it" - WD

• Registered Users Posts: 8 odwyeroisin

Hope all went well everyone

happy with my results!! hope ye all are as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 odwyeroisin

How'd you do? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Done ag,bio,chem,french,maths,irish and english
    Expect h1 h2 h4 h3 h4 h5 h4 respectively which should give me 483 points. Hope to do ag science in ucd which is 450-470.
    Kind of ****ting it because i always do worse in sciences and theyre my big pointers. Am going to lool at all the exams though for curiosity's sake and see if i scraped it or almost got a higher grade etc.
    Good luck everyone!
    Ag h1
    Bio h2
    Chem h5
    Maths h3
    English h5
    Irish h5
    French h4
    Happy enough. Delighted with maths but disappointed with french and english. Thought i might get a h2 in french . for the amount of effort iput in it was a good result.

How'd you do? :)
    i got 4 H2s and 3 H3s so i’m happy enough! hopefully it’ll be enough to get into my course - fingers crossed points don’t go up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

613 here, over the moon! Hope everyone is happy with their results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

I see on the reviewing scripts form they mention that it's possible to request a copy of all your scripts under GDPR. Just wondering how this would work? Would it be photocopies or the original? What about orals?

Advertisement