Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having baby alone now that dad has taken a hike

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

<Snip>

Are you accusing me of lying? Why on earth would I do that? What would I have to gain from fabricating an "elaborate yarn" as you put it? I wish I was!

....... wrote: »
    Yes, theres a reason I said:

Go back even further and you will see even more glaring inconsistencies.

Frankly I think its attention seeking behaviour and someone utilising boards.ie in an unhealthy manner.
    I thought you bowed out? Did you come back for another dig?

• Administrators Posts: 13,801 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Are you accusing me of lying? Why on earth would I do that? What would I have to gain from fabricating an "elaborate yarn" as you put it? I wish I was!

Well if its not you, then it's him...

Well if its not you, then it's him...

Well perhaps it is then. I don't understand what reason anyone would have for fabrication of a yarn as you say. This situation is causing me no end of grief. As I said, I wish I was fabricating and could make it all disappear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Honestly, OP, a lot of it is contradictory and therefore unbelievable. So either you are spinning a very elaborate yarn, or he is.

Or the OP is lying to herself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jen70

i think you really wanted a baby, you knew that this relationship was doomed for failure but you still tried for a baby with this man, in the last thread everyone gave similar advice that you could do a lot better, the relationship was already showing a million red flags before you got pregnant. you had to have seen that this situation that you are in now was always going to be the outcome

Well you first posted 7 or 8 months ago about a situation, and at the end of that you had decided you were going to end the relationship. Next thread he's moved in (still paying everything to his wife, she's not his ex). At the end of that one you were ending the relationship and next thread starts with the end of the relationship and you're pregnant. Yet... You're still with him.

All of my posts here have been in a personal capacity, now I switch to mod-mode:

I cannot see what good allowing these multiple threads from you is doing. You seem to accept no advice and carry on regardless (although thankfully you didn't buy his wife a house, I suppose). We have a policy in Personal Issues were if posters are consistently coming back posting about the same issue over a period of time, we ask them to no longer post in Personal Issues. Because obviously the scope of what the OP needs goes far beyond the advice the posters here can offer. We prefer to steer them to real life help, where maybe they will have more success in resolving their issue.

I cannot see that these multiple threads are actually helping you progress with your issue at all.

<Snip>

OK that's fine. It is of no benefit to me to try to "convince" you of the authenticity of my problems, including (yes because I am human) indecision when it comes to big decisions such as whether to leave someone.

I also was not aware that I was under an obligation to accept advice, having sought it out.

Thanks anyway, feel free to close the thread.

ONW,

You are under no obligation to accept advice, but people genuinely take time to genuinely offer you help because anyone looking from the outside can see the problems that you yourself are blind to because you are in the middle of it all. Prior to this relationship you were in a very abusive relationship, and I think you mentioned the one before that was similar. The posters on PI for the most part are good eggs, who genuinely want to help people. We tend to weed out the trolls and messers.

You are in a very turbulent relationship. You have been from Day 1. I think you honestly need to find yourself a good counsellor, ask your GP for a recommendation, who you can sit with face to face and work through all this. A talk with some of the crisis pregnancy agencies might help too. I know this baby was planned, and wanted, but it is still a crisis pregnancy. You could do with some impartial advice from people who know best how to impart it.

Please read back over your previous threads about this relationship. If everything you tell is 100% true from what you believe, then you need to consider what you are being asked to believe.

I wish you well. I hope, like many of the regular advice givers here, that things work out for you. But don't sell yourself short, especially if you're only hanging in there to prove to yourself that you were right to trust him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement