Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lolo3103

I have and I just about passed but I'm worried the real test will be harder. Math's is not my strong point at all, I basically just need to revise the formulas but as I said it is not my forte! I must have a look at the Junior Cert maths, that could certainly help me. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Spaid87

Question 8 on the practice numerical, I'm not the best at it but I'm getting 74 hours 45 minutes, they say that's wrong and it's 82 hours 35 minutes, am I wrong or is the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

You do the e tray as well as the verbal and numerical tests at stage 2 now is that correct?

I did the e tray after my interview for the 2016 eo campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

You do the e tray as well as the verbal and numerical tests at stage 2 now is that correct?

I did the e tray after my interview for the 2016 eo campaign.

I think it is to do with their schedule - I did my etray first in the morning and then interviewed after lunch for 2016 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Anybody else not able to access the tests? Nothing is happening when I click the link...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Don’t save the word document - it won’t open if the document is saved. Then hit on the ‘here’

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Spaid87 wrote: »
    Question 8 on the practice numerical, I'm not the best at it but I'm getting 74 hours 45 minutes, they say that's wrong and it's 82 hours 35 minutes, am I wrong or is the test?

Are you changing the 25mins into a fraction of an hour? 25 mins = 25/60 = 0.417
    Then multiply by 47 and add on the set up hours.

I changed all hours to mins worked out the amount and divided back down to hours

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Sinus pain wrote: »
    I changed all hours to mins worked out the amount and divided back down to hours

1hr 25 mins per unit = 1.417 per unit
    47 units = 1.417 x 47 = 66.599 hrs + 16 hrs set up = 82.60 hrs
    0.60 of an hour = 36 mins so 82hrs 36 mins
    Close enough!

I’m not feeling very confident at all for this to be honest. I’m brutal at verbal reasoning not bad at maths and I don’t think the maths score gets counted. I haven’t even looked at the etray yet and have never done one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 snoopmadra14

Best of luck to everyone doing tests over next two weeks!

I’m not feeling very confident at all for this to be honest. I’m brutal at verbal reasoning not bad at maths and I don’t think the maths score gets counted. I haven’t even looked at the etray yet and have never done one.

I feel the exact same. I’m booked in for Tuesday and I only got 16 out of the maths done, 3 of which I skipped so 13 out of 36 in the 30 minutes. I got 10 right which is still a pass but it could really go either way. I’m not looking forward to any of it.

Anyone have their exams yet? How did you get on?

Anyone have their exams yet? How did you get on?

Didn’t get the verbal or numerical finished and the Etray is far more difficult than the practice, at least I thought so. Three hours straight with a 5 min bathroom break, found it all quite draining or maybe that’s just me...hard to know how it went really...6 weeks or more for the results. At least it’s over with now!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭CMR23

Claireyy wrote: »
    Didn’t get the verbal or numerical finished and the Etray is far more difficult than the practice, at least I thought so. Three hours straight with a 5 min bathroom break, found it all quite draining or maybe that’s just me...hard to know how it went really...6 weeks or more for the results. At least it’s over with now!

Hey just wondering .. Did you do your exams at home or in the PAS office? ... and it takes 6 weeks for them to give you results?! Wow. Assuming you do well, is it an interview next? .. thanks and good luck ! I'm sure you did great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lateron

Its a lot in one day. Can I ask you what was in the Etray? Im so not confident with them. I'm dreading mine.

Thanks

CMReilly wrote: »
    Hey just wondering .. Did you do your exams at home or in the PAS office? ... and it takes 6 weeks for them to give you results?! Wow. Assuming you do well, is it an interview next? .. thanks and good luck ! I'm sure you did great :)

Not at home, in the PAS test centre. Yes, I think at least 6 weeks or more they said and assuming you do well, interview is the final stage! We’ll see what happens, thank you! :)

lateron wrote: »
    Its a lot in one day. Can I ask you what was in the Etray? Im so not confident with them. I'm dreading mine.

Thanks

It was my first one too! It’s very similar to the practice one they send you except the workload is much bigger in terms of the volume of tasks and there’s way more information to read through than in the practice! The issue is time really! I got mine finished but I wasn’t happy with some of my answers for the mock queries just because I didn’t have enough time to think them through, I’m wondering if it would have been better to leave them unanswered...

Can you go back to questions like in the example?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

It was my first one too! It’s very similar to the practice one they send you except the workload is much bigger in terms of the volume of tasks and there’s way more information to read through than in the practice! The issue is time really! I got mine finished but I wasn’t happy with some of my answers for the mock queries just because I didn’t have enough time to think them through, I’m wondering if it would have been better to leave them unanswered...

I’ve only done 1 etray before and I have no clue about scoring etc but I found it better to answer and do everything that it asked. When the problems pop up, I answered them straight away. I wasn’t extremely happy with my memo at the end what with the time they give you to do it, but I got it in. I scored fine, so I’d say get an answer to everything.

• Advertisement

Can you go back to questions like in the example?

Yes you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Do we need to bring anything to our test? I've checked the messages and can't see anything specific but would have thought we'd be asked for ID?

Do we need to bring anything to our test? I've checked the messages and can't see anything specific but would have thought we'd be asked for ID?

It’s in the familiarisation booklet. You need ID, a passport photo and a print out / screenshot of your stage 2 invitation.

Not sure how I missed that! I brought my passport but I just realised it's issued in 2012. Do you think they'll be strict on the additional ID if it's longer than 5 years? I also have my student card?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I noticed that detail too. My passport is from 2009. My driving licence is more than 5 years old, it was fine. I had the passport just in case (despite its age), but the licence was accepted without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 applefire1

Can you toggle back and forth between the questions in the real test - like you can on the practice?

applefire1 wrote: »
    Can you toggle back and forth between the questions in the real test - like you can on the practice?

Yep, you can. Not sure you'll have time though.

I skipped about 3 questions that I was getting nowhere with due to the way they were phrased. I had about 5 minutes spare at the end of answering them all which wasn't a lot of time to go back over answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 applefire1

thanks a mill. I am very weak on the numerical despite much practice. I'll give it a go anyway, no harm. Good luck everyone.

You just have to get 8 right so focus on 8 good ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Does anyone know if the numerical is being counted towards your score this time round?

Advertisement