Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭CMR23

Does anyone know if the numerical is being counted towards your score this time round?

I don't think it ever is. Just get the qualifying number correct to move forward and that's all. The other tests determine OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

CMReilly wrote: »
    I don't think it ever is. Just get the qualifying number correct to move forward and that's all. The other tests determine OOM

However, we won't know the exact score needed to pass until after the tests - so best to try and do the best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 V1kster88

Just out of mine. Head is wrecked. I was reading the paragraphs in the verbal reasoning but nothing was going in! 🙈 And just as I was about to submit my last task on the Etray the session timed out. Wondering what my chances are now, if any?!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Just out of mine too. It was ridiculously silly. I either completely bombed it or it was actually pretty easy. I'll go with the first one! I got all the maths and English done, and was kinda waiting for stuff to pop in for etray. I dunno what to make of it. First attempt at etray so not too pushed either way

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi folks
    I'm I right in thinking that there was no online assessment for this round?
    Dublintigger

• Advertisement

Hi folks
    I'm I right in thinking that there was no online assessment for this round?
    Dublintigger

There was supervised numerical and verbal tests and Etray

V1kster88 wrote: »
    Just out of mine. Head is wrecked. I was reading the paragraphs in the verbal reasoning but nothing was going in! 🙈 And just as I was about to submit my last task on the Etray the session timed out. Wondering what my chances are now, if any?!

I think you'll be fine. Once the work you did is accurate you should be ok. Though nobody bloody knows with these things...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I think if you haven’t submitted it it doesn’t count

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Have my etray coming up soon have never done one before. Do you have to write a memo/letter aswell

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Have my etray coming up soon have never done one before. Do you have to write a memo/letter aswell

Yes there was a letter. You'll get a practice exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

The verbal was probably the hardest I've ever seen. The numerical was a breeze. E tray was grand - that scheduling thing was a nightmare but I think I got it perfect - wrote out all the sessions and wrote the conditions next to each one and then on the other side linked the ones that should be next to each other and then numbered them all.

Piece of advice to everyone though - there was this one next to me with like 2 minutes left and she was working away on the numerical with 12 questions left like she had all the time in the world. Should have just guessed them...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

The verbal was probably the hardest I've ever seen. The numerical was a breeze. E tray was grand - that scheduling thing was a nightmare but I think I got it perfect - wrote out all the sessions and wrote the conditions next to each one and then on the other side linked the ones that should be next to each other and then numbered them all.

Piece of advice to everyone though - there was this one next to me with like 2 minutes left and she was working away on the numerical with 12 questions left like she had all the time in the world. Should have just guessed them...

That's not correct advice for the numerical. Its better to do 12 and get 10 right than to do 20 and get 10 right.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

Has anyone who placed outside the first batch of 640 received invitation for the next round or is there any idea when this will be happening? I scored in the early 2000's, so I reckon I'll be waiting a while.

ESMITH29 wrote: »
    Has anyone who placed outside the first batch of 640 received invitation for the next round or is there any idea when this will be happening? I scored in the early 2000's, so I reckon I'll be waiting a while.

No, not yet. Not exactly sure when it will be - I don't know if they do the whole process with Batch 1 and then move on to Batch 2, or overlap.

eimaj18 wrote: »
    No, not yet. Not exactly sure when it will be - I don't know if they do the whole process with Batch 1 and then move on to Batch 2, or overlap.

No not yet - and I'm in the next batch so hopefully soon. I would guess it will be January 2019 before the next call up - but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

linpoo wrote: »
    That's not correct advice for the numerical. Its better to do 12 and get 10 right than to do 20 and get 10 right.

Hardly? What you're saying is we're being marked on the questions we attempt only so if I chose to answer 10 out of 40 questions only I'd get 100% instead of 25% because the rest are no answers

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

Hardly? What you're saying is we're being marked on the questions we attempt only so if I chose to answer 10 out of 40 questions only I'd get 100% instead of 25% because the rest are no answers

No thats not what I'm saying. It goes by speed and accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Hi

Anyone any tips for the etray I'm doing mine for the 2016 campaign with interview same day next week.

Is it a letter or memo you write and is it much like the example etray they send out.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lolo3103

The sample e-tray is not a reflection on the real one at all! The schedule is much more complicated. My advice is to spend 30 mins working on the schedule (you have 40 mins to work on it before you submit), I spent the full 40 mins working on it but I felt that didn't give me enough time to do the letter and any emails or phonecalls after that. So spend your first 30 mins working solidly on the schedule, get that submitted and then spent the rest of your time on the letter, email and phone calls. And don't forget to submit!! Best of luck.

Have the results from the first batch come out yet? Do you have interview dates? I should be in the 2nd batch, so will be interested to hear. As far as I understand, the 2nd batch will be called when all tests and interviews from the first batch are done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

No results are not out yet and could be another few weeks

Have the results from the first batch come out yet? Do you have interview dates? I should be in the 2nd batch, so will be interested to hear. As far as I understand, the 2nd batch will be called when all tests and interviews from the first batch are done.

Hi Eimaj18

I reckon it won't be until Jan 2019 before the next batch is called.

Tiggs

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

How many have been called ?

Paddy93 wrote: »
    How many have been called ?

Yeah I hear January at the earliest

The number up to 642 was called for first round

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I was at the last session at the end of October and they said it could be up to 6 weeks before results are out but I don't think she was too sure of the answer. Should be by the end of the month I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow girl

Has anyone done a confined eo comp yet with PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Kitkat1995

Anyone got any sample etrays? like free and online? haven't got to the etray stage yet but would like to start practising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

Twinning I guess ! Yeah 1254 in the 2018 campaign. First time applying for this.. I ranked 900 for AO last year and the boards thread sometimes people have the same ranking as they have exact same scores in all tests. . Apparently 2016 campaign they have taken in thousands to subsequent stages.
    Have you had your results for AO for 2018 yet? How you ranked this year?

Milenauno wrote: »
    Have you had your results for AO for 2018 yet? How you ranked this year?

Hey I did yeah ! 1100s .. worse than last year for sure.. found it felt like I had less time this year .. not a hope for being called but am hopeful for EO batch 2 being called in January or February

Howd you do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

Hey I did yeah ! 1100s .. worse than last year for sure.. found it felt like I had less time this year .. not a hope for being called but am hopeful for EO batch 2 being called in January or February

Howd you do?
    I did better on AO this year that previous, placed early 200. Not big hope to be called neither but I hope in EO second batch as well

Advertisement