Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you look down on people with tattoos?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

I don't look down on anyone who has them, but don't they always turn blurry blue green, so I do wonder why anybody bothers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Resverathrole

TheBeach wrote: »
    I only look down in people who are smaller than me.
    I see what you're trying to do there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Had a mermaid and anchor done when I was in the air force,never held me back promotions wise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Reaching critical mass isn’t it. Why would you conform to that it’s more of a statement to not have some now look at the footballers it’s even creeping up their necks like ivy at this stage. All set to consume their face...

like that chump that caught my attention recently post malone his face looks fantastic... wise move sir, bravo. Trends are for kids but there’s people visiting these boutiques in the midst of midlife crises too. It might be a reflection of how trashy libertarian were becoming in the west. Elsewhere it’s still only only actual prostitutes and gangsters that have them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 2018 style

They are horrible, especially on women.

Tramp stamps?

• Advertisement

Embossy wrote: »
    I love to see tattoos on women - very sexy!
    Sexy yeah. But I wouldn't be bringing them home to the family or anything... unless I was trying to piss off the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

OP needs to get out and experience the world before her mind is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheShockmaster

I don't really even know.

Like maybe that their parents split, so they didn't have a mother to tell them not to get the fcuking thing.

The child going with the father would be less likely in this scenario to be fair.

But seriously, I'm jumping off this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Not a fan of them, but different strokes for different folks

Most people I know with tattoos are, deep down, insecure people in need of some type of validation.
    And I know plenty of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I've got 3 tattoos, only one visible if I roll up my sleeves. I get a few looks, but nothing much, In work I make decisions whether something should go ahead or not, people have to sell their service to me. Point is if you have tattoos, get a job where your needed and no one will care about your tattoos visible or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That joke was already made. Now bugger off cretin.

Someone is touchy this evening.

Star Bingo wrote: »
    Reaching critical mass isn’t it. Why would you conform to that? It’s more of a statement to not have some now. Look at the footballers - it’s even creeping up their necks like ivy at this stage. All set to consume their face...

Like that chump that caught my attention recently post malone his face looks fantastic... wise move sir, bravo. Trends are for kids, but there’s people visiting these boutiques in the midst of midlife crises too. It might be a reflection of how trashy libertarian we're becoming in the west. Elsewhere it’s still only only actual prostitutes and gangsters that have them
    Bravo

Just tidied it up a bit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Sleeve tattoos are the ultimate cliche now, i might invest now in a laster removal device for these people ten years down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Sounds like the op's partner pissed off with a person with a Tattoo or four, no wonder you're housemates hate you.... you sound like a miserable ould w*nker.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

vhxno1.png

So are cigarettes and the HD TVs that all those dole drawers have.

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I see what you're trying to do there.

Seeing up, or downwards?

]and the idea that it suggests something about a person is ridiculous.
    I'm sure Ryan Tubridy would quickly pretend to agree with such politically correct nonsense. But could you picture him with a tattoo?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

I wouldn't look down on anyone with The Lawnmower Man.
    Always laugh at that.

D595AdM.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not really but most of the local criminals and trouble makers would have tattoos.
    Tattoos kind of confuse me a little to be honest. I see people with religious tattoos for example and they don't seem to have religion in their lives for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sexy yeah. But I wouldn't be bringing them home to the family or anything... unless I was trying to piss off the mother.

Might be getting to the bottom of your issues here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Not really but most of the local criminals and trouble makers would have tattoos.
    Tattoos kind of confuse me a little to be honest. I see people with religious tattoos for example and they don't seem to have religion in their lives for example.

Or they just ignore Leviticus 19:28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I don't really even know.

Like maybe that their parents split, so they didn't have a mother to tell them not to get the fcuking thing.

Yep, that like most stereotypes is nonsense. Tattoos are very common in all walks in many modern cities all over the world. I'd say Ireland, being small, is behind elsewhere in tattoos not being any kind of deal.

2018 style wrote: »
    Most people I know with tattoos are, deep down, insecure people in need of some type of validation.
    And I know plenty of them.
    A straight talker.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

I can kind of see what you mean to a degree about it being a class thing as years ago I guess tattoos were reserved for those who may be working class or of a celebrity status.

I could not see myself viewing someone negatively if they have tattoos. I could also not imagine tattoos negatively influencing a persons career path. Although this may be the case in some occupations.

I have met many types of strange people with and without tattoos and I can ascertain that people are people regardless of a tattoo.

If the OP wishes to judge those with tattoos then go ahead. It is your choice. I would like to make the point clear that I personally know nurses, doctors and teachers and with tattoos. So I would not be quick to judge based upon looks. As someone with a tattoo may help or save your life one day.

It is their body and not yours, I am sure there are far more important things to express concern over than a few tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,246 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't really get tattoos it is like a screen saver/desktop image you can't change.

I wouldn't look down on people who have tattoos but I do find I would judge the person on the type of tattoo they have.

Because that person must have put that tattoo on thier skin for some reason, and put a bit of thought into it.

If it is of something ridiculous or looks crap/cliched I think 'yeah there you go.'
    But if it is something original and nice I think 'fair play to ya.'

I watched that tattoo fixers a few times on channel four and I got to be honest, I am amazed at the ones that get covered up with even worse ones at times.

I think the tattoo has to have some personal meaning to the person otherwise what's the point?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Tattoos will go out of fashion fairly soon and when they do lots of people will regret having them.

It's just an attention seeking thing I suppose.

The same with people converting to Islam/Muslim and what not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

I'I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why Ronaldo doesn't have tattoos!!
    "

Donates blood regularly I believe.

Advertisement