Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I eat daily on a healthy eating plan

Options
  • 29-07-2018 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I see in after hours there is a ‘what I eat in a day thread’

What about having what ‘I eat daily on a healthy eating plan’?

This may share meal ideas with others who are having changing their eating habits

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Patww79 wrote: »
    Start one?

Ok , this can be the start of the thread.......

this morning I had grilled tomatoes, 2 large mushrooms, sugar free beans with 2 slices of Mc Cambridge’s bread.

Have no picture to add this time

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Great idea!

My diet is usually kind of healthy(ish), just because I tend to like those types of foods, but I drink far too much beer, smoke (!) and don't exercise, so my lifestyle is far from healthy!

I'll post what I think helps, but maybe not that odd kebab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I use 7up free to liven up a pint of water, a quarter pint of 7up and fill up the glass, the drink does not feel like I have added water at all, it makes me drink more, as water can be boring to drink

So far today, I've just had coffee.

Right now I'm making a curry (sweet potato, mushrooms, chickpeas, tomato, spinach, shallots, vindaloo spice powder, lots of chilli, preserved lemon, extra turmeric, garlic and ginger) to have with brown rice.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    So far today, I've just had coffee.

Right now I'm making a curry (sweet potato, mushrooms, chickpeas, tomato, spinach, shallots, vindaloo spice powder, lots of chilli, preserved lemon, extra turmeric, garlic and ginger) to have with brown rice.

Final product:

IMAG0148_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Apocalypse2018

for breakfast today I ate:
    - 40g flahavan jumbo oats
    - 65g raspberries
    - 1 kiwi (supersweet)
    - 250ml milk
    - 65g blueberries
    - 15g chia seeds

i'd like to this this is healthy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

So far I have eaten nothing today, I’ve had a few espressos and a couple of glasses of Club Orange. I live in London and just found it it my local store today so that’s my excuse.

I am now out for a burger and a beer!

However I cooked a bbq pulled pork shoulder earlier as well as some Mexican chicken with peppers. Will be matching them up with some salad leaves and sweet potatoes for my work lunch’s this week.

I’ve had five salads for lunch in the last two weeks, that’s more than I have had in my life! It’s a start as they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Today (and for the next two days), my meals are:

Breakfast: Bran Flakes with low-fat milk, and a blueberry benecol
    Lunch: Homemade chilli (lean mince) with bacon bits and brown rice
    Dinner: Chicken and roast veggies
    Snacks: Greek yoghurt, a handful of mixed nuts, and a few coffees.

MFP telling me 1383 calories for the day. Will be chilli for lunch for the rest of the week (made a big batch in the slow cooker yesterday), but from Thursday I'll swap to a different dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Breakfast : banana egg pancakes & tea

Lunch : coronation chicken ( curry powder, Greek yoghurt, celery and dried apricots) & rocket on multi grain bread, peach and coffee

Dinner: stir fry salmon with peppers, green beans, onion, carrot ( marinade- soy sauce, garlic, ginger) & brown rice
    Glass of red wine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Today should be a healthy-ish day for me. I have plenty of nice, nutritious food both in work and at home. Plus there is no junk food in the office to tempt me. I did mess up yesterday when doing the food shopping by not buying enough veg.

Breakfast: Home-made smoothie (unsweetened almond milk x250 ml, unflavoured whey protein x30g, frozen banana x50g, frozen pineapple x150g, frozen spinach x20g, and almond butter x20g.

Mid-morning: Home-made muesli x100g (50% oats, 25% nuts, 10% raisins, 10% seeds, 5% coconut) soaked overnight in unsweetened almond milk x150 ml, and an apple x120g.

Lunch: Grilled chicken burgers x2 (from Dunnes Stores - minced chicken meat with added spices etc., no breaded coating), tender-stem broccoli x130g, olive oil x5 ml.

Afternoon/Pre-workout: Hard-boiled egg x65g, natural Greek yogurt x170g, St. Dalfour jam x10g, raspberries x125g, and blackberries x125g, and Coca-Cola Zero Sugar x330 ml.

Post-workout: Unflavoured whey protein x30g.

Dinner: Tinned wild pink salmon x170g, spelt soda bread x110g, and butter x15g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Getting some great ideas here...

AM: Protein shake, apple, granola with cherries/seeds/nuts & sliced banana

Lunch: Spicy sweet potato soup with ryvita and cream cheese, Quoark protein yogurt, big salad with a load of different seeds in it, orange & of course one of the little Roar bars out of Aldi.

Dinner: 2 slices of homemade pizza (my husband gets the premade dough, makes his own sauce) We put minimal cheese on & just heap it with veg.

Supper: crackers smothered in wholenut peanut butter & sliced banana or apple on top

Late lunch, no breakfast just coffee.

I fried some canned mackerel in olive oil with garlic, shallots, almond-stuffed green olives and preserved lemon; served in wholemeal pita. Out of salad.

It's handy to work from home!

Will have some of last night's curry and rice later, and that should be it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Posted this up recently but it is the kind of stuff I ate during a weightloss competition about 6 months ago to eat healthily and still win! :-p
    Could have done with eating more greens.

Monday:

10:30 - Breakfast Muesli with almond milk. (Wheat, Oats, Raisins, Almonds, Hazelnuts) Water.

14:00 - Lunch 400g Lentil and vegetable soup (Celery, Onions, Carrots, Potatoes, Lentils, Olive Oil, Salt, Bay Leaves.). Water.

18:00 - Dinner 400g Brown rice & Spanish bean stew (Red Beans, Tomatoes, Onions, Green Peppers, Courgettes, Sweet Corn, Green Chillies, Garlic, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Coriander/Spices, Olive Oil, Black Pepper.). Supplements (Omega 3, D3, Iodine, B12 - Varies depending on what I’ve eaten.). Brazil nut. Water.

20:30 - Snack: Ben and Jerry's. :-O Water.

Tuesday:

11:00 - Breakfast Muesli with almond milk. Water.

15:00 - Lunch 400g Bean Chilli (Onions, Sweet Peppers, Jalapenos, Red Beans, Tofu Mince, Rice Flour, Sunflower Oil, Garlic, Spices, Salt.). Water.

18:30
    - Dinner Burrito bowl (Long Grain White Rice With Lime, Onions, Mixed Peppers, Pinto Beans, Black Beans, Sweet Corn Salsa, Tomato Salsa, Guacamole.). Water.

22:30 - Snack: Supplements. Brazil nut. Water.

Wednesday:

11:00
    - Breakfast Muesli with almond milk. Water.

15:25 - Lunch 400g Lentil/veg soup. Water.

18:30 - Dinner Two Baked Potatoes With Tomato Curry (Passata, Tomato Purée, Soy Sauce, Onions, Broccoli, Tofu, edamame, Peas, Linda McCartney Sausage.).
    Water.

23:00 - Snack: Supplements. Brazil Nut. Water.

Thursday:

14:30/15:00 - Lunch Seitan Jerky. 400g Bean & Tofu Chilli Water.

20:00
    - Dinner Baked Potatoes & Curry. (Passata, Tomato Purée, Kidney Beans, LMC Sausage, Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Garlic.). Brazil Nut. Supplements. Water.

Friday:

13:30 - Lunch 400g Lentil/veg Soup. Water.

19:00 - Dinner Boiled Potatoes, Broccoli, LMC Sausages, Brown Sauce, Gravy. Brazil Nut. Supplements. Water.

Saturday:

12:00 - Breakfast Soy Protein Yogurt (25g protein). Water.

15:30 - Lunch Edamame. Ramen (Noodles, Teriyaki Tofu, Spring Onions, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Spinach, Shiitake Mushrooms, Shoyu Broth). Green Tea.

22:00 - Dinner 400g Italian Veg Stew (Tomatoes, Onions, Chickpeas, Sweet Peppers, Courgettes, Kale, Brown Rice, Mushrooms, Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt, Basil, Black Pepper.). Brazil Nut. Supplements. Water.

Sunday:

11:30
    - Breakfast Smoothie (Banana, Pea Protein, Hemp Protein, Peanut Butter, Cocoa, Soy Milk.).

15:30
    - Lunch/Dinner Seitan Kebab (Wrap, Seitan, Red cabbage, courgette, pickled carrot, spinach, spicy mayo sauce.). Water.

21:30
    - Snack Edamame. Brazil Nut. Supplements. Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Posted this up recently but it is the kind of stuff I ate during a weightloss competition about 6 months ago to eat healthily and still win! :-p
    Could have done with eating more greens.

You have given us great ideas there, I see you have no bread there, bread is a big issue with most,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

goat2 wrote: »
    You have given us great ideas there, I see you have no bread there, bread is a big issue with most,

Bread isn't a big issue.

Too much bread likely is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, some cherry tomatoes, small bit of cheese with salt and chilli flakes. Sometimes I add bacon.

Breakfast Part 2: Porridge with mixed berries, mixed seeds, cinnamon and half a scoop of chocolate whey.

The above I eat pretty religously for my breakfasts during work.

Lunch: today was a chicken pasta dish I make with some spinach, parmesan cheese, cream, bacon and some italian herbs and paprika.

Dinner: home made sweet potatoe chips with some home made guacamole and some buttered up corn on the cob with 2 turkey burgers on brioche buns.

Random snacks: couple of pieces of dark chocolate and one of those muller rice pot yoghurts.

Currently cutting so this is about 2700 calories give or take.
    Too much bread likely is.

Here we go again. I swear it's every nutrition post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Here we go again. I swear it's every nutrition post :D

There's no need for people to fear bread.

Even though it can be scary...

bread_monster_by_kangellove.jpg

Just finished the last of the curry with a wholemeal flatbread. Nothing else today but tea.

Hadn't been hungry at all, so went for an evening nap.

Have some sweet potatoes and mushrooms left, will cook those tomorrow, and might make some hummous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

goat2 wrote: »

Yeah i don't really buy bread as I prefer my calories to be more nutritious and filling now. I'll have some now and again but don't buy much at a time. The thing with it is you have to realise when you buy it that you will be eating all of it and can't avoid it, so only have in your house what you want to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was thinking I've pretty much given up bread completely but then I remembered I have a 6-inch Subway every weekend (guilty pleasure), so I guess I haven't really.

That said, I don't think I'd miss it if it went at this stage either. And as I reduce calorie intake as I go along, it'll likely be one of the first things to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mickwat155

Not sure what they are calorie wise per slice but definitely a lot better then the majority of bread on most shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

For me its better to just have bread out of my diet as they would be part of the basket of things I’d needlessly snack on between meals. I’d make a 90 second flaxseed bread at the weekend for breakfast and the odd time I’d make some non wheat breads, slice them up and freeze them. One trick probably is to buy normal bread and freeze it so at least its not sitting on the counter.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

mickwat155 wrote: »
    Not sure what they are calorie wise per slice but definitely a lot better then the majority of bread on most shelves
    Define a slice? In my experience, the more nutritious a bread is, the more calories per 100g. I'd guess the slice I'd cut off a lovely looking loaf like that would probably be the equivalent calories of 4 slices of white pan :D ! So it may depend on goal as to whether it is better.

I actually find it just as easy to sub out rice/ noodles/ pasta with more vegetable options than sometimes the bread (can be hard to fit in/ physically eat a salad on the move, but a home made salad sambo or wrap...).

Simple lunch.
    Roast sweet potatoes and mushrooms with garlic; homemade hummous.

IMAG0149_1.jpg

(I don't know how to prevent my hummous looking like dog poo).

No salad. Need to go shopping.

Pretty much the same thing for dinner, with w/m pita bread and tomato.
    And an apple after.

Just made a quick soup of red lentils, sweet potato, tomato with lots of turmeric, ginger, lemon and curry spice. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Fab idea, I'm always looking for inspiration!

Here's mine, I try to stick to 1200 calories or less.

Breakfast: 40g Flahavans oats made with water and honey.

11am: 2 x rice cakes with green tea.

Lunch: 150g Liberté plain greek yoghurt with 100g berries.

For dinner I'll either have 100g wholemeal pasta with half a can of tuna, sweet corn, peas and 1 tsp of light mayo, or a healthy fry up (2 x turkey rashers, 1 x Heck chicken sausage, grilled mushrooms and 1 x Pat the Baker slimbo).

While relaxing this evening I'll have a cup of tea with either a pot of sugar free jelly (5kcal) or a chocolate rice cake.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Fab idea, I'm always looking for inspiration!

Here's mine, I try to stick to 1200 calories or less.

Breakfast: 40g Flahavans oats made with water and honey.

11am: 2 x rice cakes with green tea.

Lunch: 150g Liberté plain greek yoghurt with 100g berries.

For dinner I'll either have 100g wholemeal pasta with half a can of tuna, sweet corn, peas and 1 tsp of light mayo, or a healthy fry up (2 x turkey rashers, 1 x Heck chicken sausage, grilled mushrooms and 1 x Pat the Baker slimbo).

While relaxing this evening I'll have a cup of tea with either a pot of sugar free jelly (5kcal) or a chocolate rice cake.

Wow, that sounds very low calorie.
    Do you find it maintainable?
    I think I would be over hungry!

I know my lists of foods here don't add up to much calories either, but I just have days where I don't feel like eating much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds very low calorie.
    Do you find it maintainable?
    I think I would be over hungry!

I know my lists of foods here don't add up to much calories either, but I just have days where I don't feel like eating much.

To be honest, no, I'm usually grand with it. The odd day I'd need an extra rice cake but other than that, nothing really changes.
    That said I do have about 1600/1800 calories on Friday/Saturdays's so that balances it out a bit.
    I don't mind being super strict, knowing I can have extra on my two high cal days.

I do personal training 3 times a week and walk about 7km per day. I'm losing about 2-3lb a week doing this (started in April) and so far it doesn't feel like I'm making any huge sacrifices.

Advertisement