Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 12 – Hungary

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Buy Kimi goes long and is ahead of Hamilton after Hamilton stopped gives them a chance to do what Bottas did to Seb.

Allow seb build a lead to pit and come out ahead of Hamilton.

Hamilton was not in danger of being undercut, so he could wait until everyone else pitted. What you envision is the same as Ferrari did, just with Vettel instead of Kimi who had to pit as his tyres went away and like Bottas he would have struggled to keep Hamilton behind if he went crazy in like 45 laps while keeping up the speed to not let Hamilton pit and come out in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Harika wrote: »
    Hamilton was not in danger of being undercut, so he could wait until everyone else pitted. What you envision is the same as Ferrari did, just with Vettel instead of Kimi who had to pit as his tyres went away and like Bottas he would have struggled to keep Hamilton behind if he went crazy in like 45 laps while keeping up the speed to not let Hamilton pit and come out in front of him.

Kimi goes long stint 1. He only needs to be within 18 seconds of Hamilton when Hamilton pits and just stay ahead for 5-10 laps to enable Seb to maybe get enough of a lead over Hamilton to at least be within range. That's doable in Hungary esp as Mercs seem to be poor when they are close to cars in front.

They botched two pit stops yesterday which cost seb any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Missed the race thanks to a power cut but watched it today, wasn't great. Bottas Vettel incident looked like Bottas' fault to me. His tyres were gone to mush and he understeered into Vettel then did exactly the same to Danny Ric.

That race leaves no doubt in both Mercedes & Ferrari who the number 1 drivers are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ha , nice one for Gasly

"As soon as I started to arrive behind the Williams, I think [it was] actually the first time I saw blue flags for cars ahead of me," said Gasly.

"So when I saw that, I thought, 'F*ck, it means I am doing a good race now'.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137754/blue-flags-made-gasly-aware-how-good-race-was

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7486207/2fdf1689/sky_sports_ontdekt_groepje_max_fans.html

Not sure who learned him the little Dutch word at the end and whether they told him what it means. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

inforfun wrote: »
    https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7486207/2fdf1689/sky_sports_ontdekt_groepje_max_fans.html

Not sure who learned him the little Dutch word at the end and whether they told him what it means. :D

Short version of godverdomme. I suppose he's tyring to say "damn! good job"

Advertisement