Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 12 – Hungary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

flazio wrote: »
    He came out worse anyway. No need to rub the salt in.

Indeed, maximal a 5 second penalty, so no change

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Bottas and Ric still under investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    No further action on Bottas is total bollocks

No action with the Seb incident. Danny Ric incident still being investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Bottas at fault x2 but he did the job Lewis needed him to

Further proof that Martin Brundle is either senile, just a fanboy in the commentary box or plain and simple an idiot. He was even susprised that Horner didn't even consider blaming Vettel for the collision :D

That said, being Bottas I do believe both collisions to be genuine mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Bottas not happy in his interview.

Not happy at being called "Wingman"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Not the best but by no means the worst race I have seen. Danny Ric show for most of it. Still amazes me how far ahead the Red Bull is from the other Renault users. Hamilton had a perfect drive and I felt vettel didn't do enough or waited too long to at actually try get past bottas.

Mclaren some credit good strategy clearly a double points finish was on for them but for gear box problems

I was surprised how easily Gasly pulled away from KMag at the start and Hartley seemed quiet comfortable running in the middle of all those Renault's. Toro Rosso seem to have a great chassis for these types of tracks.

Good day for Haas in the end both cars in the points and some day light between them and force India and mclaren in the constructors.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Was surprised Toto called it a wingman performance

Pity Max had a break down

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Well the he should move to a team with a driver even more **** than him.

Joeface wrote: »
    Not the best but by no means the worst race I have seen. Danny Ric show for most of it. Still amazes me how far ahead the Red Bull is from the other Renault users. Hamilton had a perfect drive and I felt vettel didn't do enough or waited too long to at actually try get past bottas.

Mclaren some credit good strategy clearly a double points finish was on for them but for gear box problems

I was surprised how easily Gasly pulled away from KMag at the start and Hartley seemed quiet comfortable running in the middle of all those Renault's. Toro Rosso seem to have a great chassis for these types of tracks.

Good day for Haas in the end both cars in the points and some day light between them and force India and mclaren in the constructors.

TR have had good race pace this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Gap between Hamilton and Vettel is 24 points going into the summer break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Mentioned on Sky that Sainz stayed in front of Vettel for 9 blue flags in a row, absolutely shocking stuff if it’s the case. Seb lost an absolute ton of time in traffic

DjS6oaaW0AEOTX8.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Bottas got 10 second penalty and 2 penalty points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Inviere wrote:
    Mentioned on Sky that Sainz stayed in front of Vettel for 9 blue flags in a row, absolutely shocking stuff if it’s the case. Seb lost an absolute ton of time in traffic

Will he get cautioned or penalty for that or is it even a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

4 racers in the points were a lap down.

Alonso came 8th and was lapped by Ham Seb and Kimi.

Am I right.?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Check out @F1’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/F1/status/1023588159299497985?s=09
    Add 10 seconds to Bottas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not Ferrari's weekend at all. They just did not seem to be on form this weekend. First there was the rain in quali and then two slow pit stops and the wrong strategy as well in the race.

Daniel Riccardo drove a great race and had to be driver of the day. Hamilton had it easy. Gasly and Hartley done good too.

It was an ok race but nothing great.

Four weeks till the next race now.

Going to be quiet in here Id say.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Yup Bottas has nobody but himself to blame, he rolls over far too easily when asked.

Ironically, its that attitude that keeps him in a job. The last thing Mercedes wants is someone being competitive with Lewis like Rosberg was.

AMKC wrote: »

A couple of days testing is coming up, mainly with secondary test drivers.
    Force India administration.
    Once Marchionne is laid to rest what's going to happen to the second Ferrari seat.
    Where is Sainz going to go?
    No, there is enough to keep us talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

AMKC wrote: »
    Not Ferrari's weekend at all. They just did not seem to be on form this weekend. First there was the rain in quali and then two slow pit stops and the wrong strategy as well in the race.

Daniel Riccardo drove a great race and had to be driver of the day. Hamilton had it easy. Gasly and Hartley done good too.

It was an ok race but nothing great.

Four weeks till the next race now.

I couldn't understand their strategy at all. They need to get Seb ahead of Hamilton. Pitting Kimi early was just to move Seb ahead of Bottas. Felt they should have put Kimi on softs At start and used him to slow Hamilton down to allow Seb build a lead.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I couldn't understand their strategy at all. They need to get Seb ahead of Hamilton. Pitting Kimi early was just to move Seb ahead of Bottas. Felt they should have put Kimi on softs At start and used him to slow Hamilton down to allow Seb build a lead.

For this they would have needed to jump them at the start, but were nearly overcome by Sainz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Amazing drive by Bottas to slow down the ferraris. He is so bad that he is good.

Last year was the reverse result before Bottas dropped back in the end.

2017 Ferrari 1-2, Mercedes 3-4

2018 Mercedes were heading for a 1-2 Ferrari 3-4 but we all know the end result.

I can't understand why the stewards are issuing penalties that they know full well won't effect the result.

The last 2 races have shown us all what we already knew about Valtteri, he is a clear number 2 and Christian Wolff confirmed it with the wingman comment.
    And what did Toto Horner think of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

As far as I know it's till a max of three yeah. It's one thing that drives me bananas seeing it, blue flag, get out of the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Pretty textbook stuff from Hamilton, he loves that track.

Thats 2 races where you could argue that Ferrari and Vettel should have come out with max points, and they just come away with 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Harika wrote: »
    For this they would have needed to jump them at the start, but were nearly overcome by Sainz.

Buy Kimi goes long and is ahead of Hamilton after Hamilton stopped gives them a chance to do what Bottas did to Seb.

Allow seb build a lead to pit and come out ahead of Hamilton.

Advertisement