Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 12 – Hungary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

If he manages a good start and gets ahead of Bottas, this could be Kimi's greatest opportunity this season in the dry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Cool_CM wrote: »
    The heavens just opened

Edit - it's wet but now that we've stepped out in it, it's not ridiculous. Maybe intermediates

Famous last words..

We were sitting at turn 14 and there was proper thunder and lightning with the rain to the extent that the big screen cut out for a bit.

We got pissed on and it was glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Famous last words..

We were sitting at turn 14 and there was proper thunder and lightning with the rain to the extent that the big screen cut out for a bit.

We got pissed on and it was glorious!

Warm rain is the best rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

At the risk of an I told you so from Vectra, Kimi played a blinder today and showed fantastic speed...was great to see him showing a high level in quali again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Best quali we’ve had in a long time. Perfectly set up for a good race whatever the weather does. Fingers crossed it doesn’t just turn into a boring procession to the finish. Tracks not exactly known for its overtaking potential

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Best quali we’ve had in a long time. Perfectly set up for a good race whatever the weather does. Fingers crossed it doesn’t just turn into a boring procession to the finish. Tracks not exactly known for its overtaking potential

I think it will be real good or boring so ill check this thread to see how the start goes as I can only watch later on C4.

If both Mercs go off in front then boring IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I think it will be real good or boring so ill check this thread to see how the start goes as I can only watch later on C4.

If both Mercs go off in front then boring IMO.

High temps today. Mercs struggled badly in practice with rear tyres due to high temps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    High temps today. Mercs struggled badly in practice with rear tyres due to high temps

Mercedes might go to two stop race, as they would be in danger of being undercut by the Ferraris in a one stop race. As it was raining in q2 everyone has all tyre options open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Harika wrote: »
    Mercedes might go to two stop race, as they would be in danger of being undercut by the Ferraris in a one stop race. As it was raining in q2 everyone has all tyre options open.

The track temp is pretty high, the support races have been struggling with graining on the tyres. I suspect most will go for a 1 stop to keep track position but may be forced into 2 stop of the tyres start overheating

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Bold Prediction:
    Raikkonen beats the Mercs into the first corner. Has the pace to get away from them. Looks like he'll win his first race since his return to Ferrari and his engine blows up with a few laps to go and Bottas comes through to win.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Looking forward to this race. I have a sneaky suspicion that Bottas will hold up Ferraris and Hamilton will win again. Fingers crossed for a Vettel victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Martins grid walk usually good, then Crofty turns up.

Mute

• Registered Users Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I am hoping that Ferrari can get a 1-2 with either Vettel or Kimi winning to keep the championship exciting and so they can dedicate it to the late Sergio Marchionne who was only 66 by the way.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

A Vettel 1st or 2nd and a Hamilton DNF would be great to level things up a bit beofre the break.

Dunno if Softs is a great idea for Seb. Kinda lucky that Sainz is too so he'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Ultras for everyone in the top 10 except Vettel and Sainz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Vettel doing the reverse tyre strategy, starting on soft.

Agree with the point above, would be nice for Ferrari to win but id rather see that be Kimi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Unfortunate for Leclerc

Looks like there's gonna be no action at the top until the first stops now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Verstappen slowing no power

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I would say the Honda engine can not come quick enough for Red Bull.

I don't think Max is happy :pac:

Is this now his 3rd DNF due to a fault wirh the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Tzardine wrote: »
    I would say the Honda engine can not come quick enough for Red Bull.

Who could ever imagine a year ago we'd say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Waiting for the transcript here lol

How many different ways did Ted say it was a great start by Merc? Wish they'd get off Merc's tit just a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,051 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Poor Kimi, he always draws the short straw

Advertisement