Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Itssoeasy wrote: »

He also did not serve eight years under obama either. He served from January 2009 until 2013 so four years.

...until 2013 when he was succeeded by James Comey, amazing that Trump forgot about Comey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

8-10 wrote: »
    ...until 2013 when he was succeeded by James Comey, amazing that Trump forgot about Comey

I'd say Trump wishes he really could forget the Comey ever existed...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I'd say Trump wishes he really could forget the Comey ever existed...

To be fair, Comey is one of the reasons Trump is president..

everlast75 wrote: »
    To be fair, Comey is one of the reasons Trump is president..

Agreed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Just read today's tweet storm from Trump. They really are nothing more than paranoid and deluded ramblings. Saying that they are the envy of the world. HA!

I'd believe there were mere paranoid and deluded rants if I didn't also suspect that these things are an attempts at the 'big lie'. Lie big, lie often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Agreed..

And don't forget he then went and made fortunes selling his book to the resistance. That's magnificent grifting tbf.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    And don't forget he then went and made fortunes selling his book to the resistance. That's magnificent grifting tbf.

Ridiculous statement to say that Comey swindled anyone by writing and selling a book about leadership, and how Trump is poor in that regard. Like, are all authors swindlers now, just because they write and sell a book?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ridiculous statement to say that Comey swindled anyone by writing and selling a book about leadership, and how Trump is poor in that regard. Like, are all authors swindlers now, just because they write and sell a book?

His book was aimed at the resistance and was bought by people who only a few months previously loathed him for hurting Clinton regarding that election.

He caused a lot of damage and then tried to fix his image by grifting for the left and it most certainly has worked. He is little different to guys like Cohen, peter strzok etc.
    " I hate Trump now, Give me Money"

That's grifting personified and people keep falling for it, and nope that does not mean Trump is an acceptable president whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

His book was aimed at the resistance and was bought by people who only a few months previously loathed him for hurting Clinton regarding that election.

He caused a lot of damage and then tried to fix his image by grifting for the left and it most certainly has worked. He is little different to guys like Cohen, peter strzok etc.

That's grifting personified and people keep falling for it, and nope that does not mean Trump is an acceptable president whatsoever.

If anything he was such a stickler for rules that he tended to do as much as possible entirely by the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

DrumSteve wrote: »
    My brain melts when I imagine the reaction if Hilary pulled half the stuff he did... Imagine Hilary installed Chelsea on her staff never mind giving a bunch of jobs to her husband...

Just imagine a woman standing up to be elected president with five children from three marraiges and a clear history of infedility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I honestly don't see this as grifting. People like Comey or anyone who had such high level access are bombarded with publishing deals after they stop being active. Not that that's proof that he's not a grifter - see Omarosa.

I view Comey in the same light as other former intelligence officials like Clapper, Brennan, Hayden etc. He knows things are messed up with Trump and his efforts to dismantle trust in the institutions of the US to save his hide, not that there aren't problems with those institutions but Trump is basically playing into Russia's hands from their point of view and they're making noise about it. Some of them are using punditry and Comey went with a book.

I can see where he's coming from as a conservative - he's anti crime and knows what's going on and is using his profile to do what he can to help end it.

That's not grifting.

https://twitter.com/JillWineBanks/status/1063323605323431937?s=19

Very interesting.

It would seem that Stone and possibly Donny Jr could be charged too on that basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

https://twitter.com/JillWineBanks/status/1063323605323431937?s=19

Very interesting.

It would seem that Stone and possibly Donny Jr could be charged too on that basis?

That does seem extremely likely. I'm wondering if Mueller is holding off on a Trump Jr. indictment until the new house sits in Jan. All hell will break loose when those charges drop; it would be no harm to have Dem-controlled committees in place to immediately pick up the investigation in the event that Trump actually fires Mueller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So trump lied when he said that mueller isn't senate confirmed and yet is heading the investigation without confirmation from the senate. There is no requirement for a special counsel to be senate confirmed and also Robert mueller has been confirmed twice by the senate with being the FBI director and he was also confirmed unanimously both times.

He also did not serve eight years under obama either. He served from January 2009 until 2013 so four years.

You're right, but there's little point in even highlighting when Trump lies anymore. His tweets are so laced with absolute and utter bull****, it's very hard to know what to say anymore. You can take the polar opposite of what he says as truth quite a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If you start judging him from the Clinton matter in 2016, that just shows how very little you know about Comey and his career to be honest.

Maddow last night had some very interesting points.

It's all coming to a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Judging by Trumps freak out on Twitter.... I’m expecting an explosive weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I have to wonder if Trump's blackening mood has anything to do with the realization that his appointee Whitaker actually can't do much to curtail Mueller without putting himself in serious legal jeopardy. The career officials at the Dept of Justice will no doubt be writing Comey-style contemporaneous notes if they're instructed to do anything that smells wrong. Every move Whitaker makes will be scrutinized and if he does Trump's bidding he could end up behind bars like Nixon's AG. I'm already looking forward to a possible pre-Christmas fallout where he calls Whitaker another useless hack like his predecessor Sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭amandstu

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46232609
    Interesting potential development....can they winkle Assange out ?Would they need to?

jooksavage wrote: »
    I have to wonder if Trump's blackening mood has anything to do with the realization that his appointee Whitaker actually can't do much to curtail Mueller without putting himself in serious legal jeopardy. The career officials at the Dept of Justice will no doubt be writing Comey-style contemporaneous notes if they're instructed to do anything that smells wrong. Every move Whitaker makes will be scrutinized and if he does Trump's bidding he could end up behind bars like Nixon's AG. I'm already looking forward to a possible pre-Christmas fallout where he calls Whitaker another useless hack like his predecessor Sessions.

Well, at pointed out by her guest Michael Beschlos, Trump stating in a tweet that the internal workings of the Mueller investigation were a mess, may indicate that Whitaker was debriefed by RR and then told the Pres what he was told as to what was going on in the probe.

Trump's reference to ruining people's lives could mean D Jr and Kushner.

RG has given an interview stating that questions on Collusion, which were according to him, the easier topic over obstruction, are proving difficult.

Trump is cornered, and the idea that he won't fire RR or the Special Counsel because that would be political suicide... desperate times call for desperate actions...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

amandstu wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46232609
    Interesting potential development....can they winkle Assange out ?Would they need to?

Depends on Ecuador, if they buckle he's toast. He can't step outside or he'll be arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Depends on Ecuador, if they buckle he's toast. He can't step outside or he'll be arrested.

Would the Swedish not want him first?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ecuador are sick of Assange at this point. They took Assange in mostly to give two fingers to the US, not as any grand statement about freedom of speech.

But he's well overstayed his welcome and despite the frosty relationship between Ecuador and the US, there is an extradition treaty in place that can be used.

If the charges relate to the Trump-Russia probe, then I expect Ecuador will have significant interest in coming to an agreement about handing over Assange.

Assange himself might be willing to surrender if there's an offer on the table - give evidence about Russian collusion and be granted immunity from the pseudo-treason charge.

Edit: All of the rape charges from Sweden have been dropped, but there is still an outstanding warrant over his failure to appear in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭amandstu

Anyone know what he might be charged with? You can't charge aliens with treason or even pseudo-treason I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I genuinely believe Trump has major mental health troubles. I know being who he is his family wouldn't dream of turning against him and the Republicans are happy to leave him were he is because they are only interested in getting their way, but he needs some kind of mental health treatment.

Costa won his case.

Nice kick in the ..... for DJT

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Costa won his case.

Nice kick in the ..... for DJT

Twitter should be fun this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

amandstu wrote: »
    Anyone know what he might be charged with? You can't charge aliens with treason or even pseudo-treason I would have thought.
    I say "pseudo-treason" to refer to things which would be treason if they were committed by a citizen of your own country. Such as revealing state secrets, political espionage, spying.

Realistically these are standard operations of most governments, and are only crimes when a citizen (or resident) commits them against their own government. But the US generally has no problem charging extra-judicial foreign citizens with these crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just an important note regarding Acosta:
    However, Judge Kelly warned on Friday that the battle for CNN was not over.

“I want to emphasize the very limited nature of today’s ruling,” he said in the courtroom. “This doesn’t end the legal battle over Acosta’s access to the White House, it simply means that it is restored for now.”

It seems it's a temporary ruling at least. The Trump administration could still very well move to block it or take it away in the future regardless.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Just an important note regarding Acosta:

It seems it's a temporary ruling at least. The Trump administration could still very well move to block it or take it away in the future regardless.

It's a temporary order that restrains the WH from preventing Acosta from accessing the press areas.

The substantive case has not been heard yet,and is likely to take months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement