Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My brain continually goes into meltdown when I try to put myself in the shoes of someone who claims, "It's Hillary Clinton's fault that Donald Trump got elected".

I just can't...even.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

2 Scoops wrote: »

What corruption has Trump been ACTUALLY convicted of? <- Your logic right there.

"

Trump University right off the top of my head......

"Trump University was also the subject of two class action lawsuits in federal court. The lawsuits centered around allegations that Trump University defrauded its students by using misleading marketing practices and engaging in aggressive sales tactics. The company and the lawsuits against it received renewed interest due to Trump's candidacy in the 2016 presidential election. Despite repeatedly insisting that he would not settle, Trump settled all three lawsuits in November 2016 for a total of $25 million after being elected to the presidency"

I don't have the time to go into details but Trump has been involved in about 3,500 legal cases over the past 40+ years https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump

The man isn't fit to run a car wash:mad:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

seamus wrote: »
    My brain continually goes into meltdown when I try to put myself in the shoes of someone who claims, "It's Hillary Clinton's fault that Donald Trump got elected".

I just can't...even.

My brain melts when I imagine the reaction if Hilary pulled half the stuff he did... Imagine Hilary installed Chelsea on her staff never mind giving a bunch of jobs to her husband...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

It is now an absolute Article of Faith for some people that Hillary Clinton is the most evil, corrupt person to ever walk the face of the earth. The lack of evidence or criminal convictions only prove how cunning and powerful she is, you see.

Because she HAS to be worse than Trump, no matter what he does, she must be worse; otherwise continuing to support him, to make excuses for him, to ignore all the things he says and does becomes impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

everlast75 wrote: »

It is awful how many lives are being ruined, justice is terrible that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

B0jangles wrote: »
    It is now an absolute Article of Faith for some people that Hillary Clinton is the most evil, corrupt person to ever walk the face of the earth. The lack of evidence or criminal convictions only prove how cunning and powerful she is, you see.

Because she HAS to be worse than Trump, no matter what he does, she must be worse; otherwise continuing to support him, to make excuses for him, to ignore all the things he says and does becomes impossible.

Indeed.

Trump fails to turn up to a number of high profile events held to honour the military, calls for postal votes (which incl military) to be discounted and not a peep from his supporters.

Obama holds a takeaway coffee when saluting an officer and Fox calls it a "latte salute" and literally talks about it for over 2 days.

It's mind boggling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't entirely agree with this idea that Clinton is regarded as the anti-christ by all; I think there are subtler bands of comparison here & believe there are arguments made - and have seen them made - that there is a legitimate moral equivalence between Clinton's corruption & Trump's own. That 1 case of corruption is comparable with 100, or a systemic institution of malpractice (such as Trump University) As I said myself, the Republican demographic chooses to believe Clinton being the epicentre of all Washington corruption and maleficence - but IMO that's a different shading to those that would claim both 2016 candidates are equivalent. Basically the whole "they're both as bad as each other" argument that many made en route to a Jill Stein vote etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I did say 'for some people', I wasn't suggesting that everyone who has or had doubts about Clinton thinks she is the most corrupt person ever to set foot in Washington, but there is a very vocal contingent who absolutely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

DrumSteve wrote: »
    My brain melts when I imagine the reaction if Hilary pulled half the stuff he did... Imagine Hilary installed Chelsea on her staff never mind giving a bunch of jobs to her husband...
    What would Monica do then?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

ELM327 wrote: »

I assume Monica would continue on her campaign to tackle bullying and harassment through social media.

Maybe Melania should consider looking into that rather than getting people fired that she doesn't like.

Talk about abuse of power!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The Trump twitter machine is ramping up towards hysteria condition 5. Is Mueller breathing down his neck?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063042585802039296

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063046973857718272

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

2 Scoops wrote: »
    ...Why does Trump get away with corruption? Because Bill and Hillary Clinton normalized it.

Well if that isn't the most blinkered one sided nonsense I've seen in a long time.

So the public were fine with the perception Trump gave of Hillary during the campaign? I guess he won by complete fluke.
    I'll tell you what normalises corruption, people like yourself excusing it under a banner of whataboutery. What ever the Clintons did or didn't do Trump is his own man. His base are told all negative stories about him are fake. Trump gets away with being what he is by lies, spin and propaganda.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Trump sat for an interview with the DailyCaller, and putting aside politics, some of his remarks are straight up ludicrous. It's all well & good sneering and acting superior over 'echo chambers', but when a US President comes out with a mixed bag of conspiracy ranting & actual confusing waffle, it's hard not to mock.
    “The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes,” Trump complained. “When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.”

“If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID,” Trump continued. “They try to shame everybody by calling them racist, or calling them something, anything they can think of, when you say you want voter ID. But voter ID is a very important thing.”

I mean to be fair, I eat Wheatabix so I dunno, maybe you do need a voter ID to buy corn flakes? Joking aside though - this is complete nonsense stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbf, I was referring to Chelsea’s husband.

But that’s also a good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Has anybody considered that Trump maybe playing the long con for an insanity defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I assume Monica would continue on her campaign to tackle bullying and harassment through social media.

Maybe Melania should consider looking into that rather than getting people fired that she doesn't like.

Talk about abuse of power!
    Would that include the 4 women that made allegations of sexual assault against Bill? Or is it just women that target GOP men that are believed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Would that include the 4 women that made allegations of sexual assault against Bill? Or is it just women that target GOP men that are believed?

What, you want Monica to investigate BC?

BC was impeached over the Monica affair, Trump is celebrated and Kavanaugh was voted into the highest legal office in the land.

I am fully ok with BC being held accountable, it has nothing at all to do with HC. According to Trump, HC should be judged because she stood by her husband, so then we should be hating Melania even more so because we know that Trump had affairs, it is not just allegations.

The problem with that type of whataboutery, is that Trump has normally done and the same or worse and it is a reason given why HC couldn't be trusted.

Good Lord! We're now back to the 1990s. How did we get there from a discussion about the current incumbent of the WH?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

amandstu wrote: »
    Tittle tattle perhaps but is there a risk of the Pres' personal constitution taking a dive?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/14/politics/donald-trump-mood-pissed-white-house-intrigue/index.html

"Some of his longtime confidants are worried for his health, believing he's gained weight and looks unwell."

I thought that lately too. I think he looks (as if that's a reliable diagnostic criterion, I know...) unwell. Bloated and deflated at the same time if you get my drift. I'd say Ronnie Jackson would have to hire JK Rowling to help him write his medical assessment if he was around the White House these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Trump sat for an interview with the DailyCaller, and putting aside politics, some of his remarks are straight up ludicrous.

Possibly a more important excerpt from the interview:
    THE DAILY CALLER: Sure. Could you tell us where your thinking is currently on the attorney general position? I know you’re happy with Matthew Whitaker, do you have any names? Chris Christie —

POTUS: Matthew Whitaker is a very respected man. He’s — and he’s, very importantly, he’s respected within DOJ. I heard he got a very good decision, I haven’t seen it. Kellyanne, did I hear that?

WHITE HOUSE ADVISER KELLYANNE CONWAY: 20 pages.

POTUS: A 20-page?

THE DAILY CALLER: It just came out right before this, sir.

POTUS: Well, I heard it was a very strong opinion. Uh, which is good. But [Whitaker] is just somebody that’s very respected.

I knew him only as he pertained, you know, as he was with Jeff Sessions. And, you know, look, as far as I’m concerned this is an investigation that should have never been brought. It should have never been had.

It’s something that should have never been brought. It’s an illegal investigation. And you know, it’s very interesting because when you talk about not Senate confirmed, well, Mueller’s not Senate confirmed.

THE DAILY CALLER: Right.

POTUS: He’s heading this whole big thing, he’s not Senate confirmed.

So anyway, I have a lot of respect for Matt Whitaker, based primarily on reputation. And I think he’s really — I think a lot of people are starting to come out very much in favor of him during this period of time.

Trump, of his own volition and unprompted, links Whitaker to the Mueller investigation. Asked about Whitaker, segues into talking about the Mueller investigation and how wrong it is.

• Advertisement

prawnsambo wrote: »
    The Trump twitter machine is ramping up towards hysteria condition 5. Is Mueller breathing down his neck?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063042585802039296

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063046973857718272

The is all part of Trumps defense. He is constantly focusing on the 'no collusion' angle for a simple reason: Mueller won't find much in the way of actual collusion against Trump himself. However he will allege many shady financial dealings.

Trump will then tweet "See, I told ye all... No Collusion... and because they had to justify their 2 year investigation and tens of millions spent, the angry, unhinged Democrats in Mueller's team have scrambled around for anything they could find, and come up with these old allegations to do with my finances... Sad!"

So what appears to be unhinged is actually part of a bigger defence strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Leroy42 wrote: »

She does have her 'Be Best' campaign to combat cyberbullying. I'll never not chuckle at that name.

It's also completely plagiarised, true-to-form

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Has anybody considered that Trump maybe playing the long con for an insanity defence?

Not insanity (Most stable genius???) but I suspect he will use health issues to absolve himself from trial if he is looking like been charged at some point. Whenever that may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Trump's craziness today has me hoping for some indictments tomorrow. They've been imminent for too long. My money's on Stone and Credico but Mueller and the DOJ have a habit of blind-siding everyone.

Trump's craziness today has me hoping for some indictments tomorrow. They've been imminent for too long. My money's on Stone and Credico but Mueller and the DOJ have a habit of blind-siding everyone.

Too early for Stone. Possibly Corsi and/or Credico. Mueller needs one or both of these guys to get maximum leverage on Stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Just read today's tweet storm from Trump. They really are nothing more than paranoid and deluded ramblings. Saying that they are the envy of the world. HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

prawnsambo wrote: »

It's so weird that he's now throwing it out there that Mueller isn't Senate approved (given the complaints about Whitaker not being Senate approved). Surely it's just a case that Mueller doesn't need to be Senate approved for his job, but Whitaker does. Are people honestly going to fall for that?

I know it's just his usual whataboutery, but given there was no news on Mueller lately and Trump decides to go on a tear about him, it really does seem like something is about to come out and Trump is panicking.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The is all part of Trumps defense. He is constantly focusing on the 'no collusion' angle for a simple reason: Mueller won't find much in the way of actual collusion against Trump himself. However he will allege many shady financial dealings.

Trump will then tweet "See, I told ye all... No Collusion... and because they had to justify their 2 year investigation and tens of millions spent, the angry, unhinged Democrats in Mueller's team have scrambled around for anything they could find, and come up with these old allegations to do with my finances... Sad!"

So what appears to be unhinged is actually part of a bigger defence strategy.
    This has been a very long running investigation and it's highly unlikely that it spent that time picking up some fringe players and a few Russians. It seems inconceivable that Trump's son and son-in-law met with Russians and he didn't know about it. His call for the Russians to hack HC's emails and lo it was done is hardly coincidental. Stretches credibility beyond breaking point that it could be so.

There's no doubt that Don Jr. and Kushner are going to be pulled in. The likelihood is that a few more fringe players will get lifted and then a whole raft at the same time. How many that will be has been speculated on for some time, but recent reports in The Observer say it will be dozens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Too early for Stone. Possibly Corsi and/or Credico. Mueller needs one or both of these guys to get maximum leverage on Stone.

Maybe.

Stone has been in his sights for a very long time and I would guess that he has all he needs on him. That doesn't mean that he's in a hurry to pull the trigger, especially if there are other considerations.

Corsi and Credico are definitely very likely in the next set of arrests/indictments.

If Stone IS picked up, it will certainly raise the temperature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So trump lied when he said that mueller isn't senate confirmed and yet is heading the investigation without confirmation from the senate. There is no requirement for a special counsel to be senate confirmed and also Robert mueller has been confirmed twice by the senate with being the FBI director and he was also confirmed unanimously both times.

He also did not serve eight years under obama either. He served from January 2009 until 2013 so four years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement