Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports Fantasy Football thread - 2019/20 Winner is Donegal1234

Options

Comments

Fairest of ****s. Delighted for you. Don't spend it all in the one shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's an amazing achievement, Donegal. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

claw wrote: »
    Well done donegal,thoroughly deserved,well done to Dearg too for finishing 52nd.Hopefully we can get more people playing next season cos it is a great game!

Huge achievement. Never would've considered it but will definitely look into it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Won by 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Won by 10

Well deserved, enjoy the celebrations and the prize money. You have to feel for the guy who was 1st though, he ends up with a game console after all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Finished 108th - a bit miffed i missed out on top 100. Good craic!

manual_man wrote: »
    Finished 108th - a bit miffed i missed out on top 100. Good craic!

Just go 107 places higher next season to make up for it :-)
    It was indeed good craic. I'll be putting more effort in next season now as it's a lot more winnable than FPL as Donegal has proved.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Just go 107 places higher next season to make up for it :-)
    It was indeed good craic. I'll be putting more effort in next season now as it's a lot more winnable than FPL as Donegal has proved.
    I'd say a lot more from this forum will be on it next year. Well done for winning the Boards League!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jesus, I missed all this with my obsessive following of Villa’s relegation battle today. Well done buddy. Hope you will stick around here to help us all with this game next year. I might sign up for the first time.

I'd say a lot more from this forum will be on it next year. Well done for winning the Boards League!

Thanks. It wil be good to have more people in it next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Tried playing a few times, but can never figure out the pricing scoring etc to pick a half decent team so never keeps my interest

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Tried playing a few times, but can never figure out the pricing scoring etc to pick a half decent team so never keeps my interest

The prices stay the same. The scoring is similar enough to FPL, tbh I didnt even know the scoring system fully until a few weeks ago so I wouldn't worry about that at the start. The main thing is to plan ahead so that you have a captain each day there is a match on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Won by 10

Doesn't seem to be too many foreigners at top end of table.....is it mainly Irish and English people that play it?

Congrats Donegal 1234.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Doesn't seem to be any foreign players in top spots anyway......is it mainly Irish and English people that play in it?

Huge congrats Donegal 1234......

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Massive congratulations on your win Donegal1234, I’m delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Congrats mate. Chuffed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

claw wrote: »
    Well done donegal,thoroughly deserved,well done to Dearg too for finishing 52nd.Hopefully we can get more people playing next season cos it is a great game!

I think we'll all be playing now!

Thanks everybody. Still can’t believe I won the game. Still in shock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Congrats Donegal, I'll be in letterkenny tomorrow, what's the highest any boardsie had previously finished in any season

Doesn't seem to be any foreign players in top spots anyway......is it mainly Irish and English people that play in it?

Huge congrats Donegal 1234......

You have to be in UK or Ireland to register to play. They block other IPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Congrats Donegal. Incredible achievement. How many people are in the sky sports one? 7.6 million In Premier league one, the prizes are absolutely crap really when you look at them.

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Congrats Donegal. Incredible achievement. How many people are in the sky sports one? 7.6 million In Premier league one, the prizes are absolutely crap really when you look at them.

I think it’s around 1 millliom for sky game from what I hear. The prizes are why I play

This was the moment I found out I won.

https://twitter.com/ffh_sky/status/1287501351195422729?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

That is the most casual 50K winner I've ever seen hahaha.

Unbelievable

That is the most casual 50K winner I've ever seen hahaha.

Unbelievable

Heheh I kinda knew I won and was on a live podcast so didn’t want to go mad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Heheh I kinda knew I won and was on a live podcast so didn’t want to go mad lol

I definitely would have take the opportunity to settle a few scores with mates.
    Not that I'd ever be good enough to win OR competitions.
    Massive congrats!!!

DOK-o-De-U8-AEKS-2.jpg

Introductory article here by former winner Dan Cox on how to play the Sky fantasy football game (for anyone interested in giving it a shot next season)

https://fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/how-to-play-sky-sports-fantasy-football-an-absolute-beginners-guide/

Introductory article here by former winner Dan Cox on how to play the Sky fantasy football game (for anyone interested in giving it a shot next season)

https://fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/how-to-play-sky-sports-fantasy-football-an-absolute-beginners-guide/

I will be doing a few articles for this site in next few weeks/month talking about how I won and my tips and player to watch for next season.

I will be doing a few articles for this site in next few weeks/month talking about how I won and my tips and player to watch for next season.

One of the things I'd be interested in hearing about is players who do better in sky game than they do in FPL due to the scoring system. The obvious example would be some of the more defensive mids but I'm not even sure who the best ones are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Can see me concentrating on this more than the FPL game going forward. Very disillusioned with how the FPL game is run at the moment.

Advertisement