Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yemen in a bad situation

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

mammajamma wrote: »
    As I said.. You've never set foot in a war zone. In terms of sheltered. Person's with your views tend to be the most sheltered of all.

I'll admit, its pretty annoying, almost infuriating, to hear someone dismiss my lived experiences as pure lies. Just for a moment.

In that particular instance it was a typical (for the region) muslim/Christian conflict. Consider this though. Put yourself in my shoes, "imagine" that im speaking the truth.

And then you read your comment.

Just imagine how much of a shytebag youd find that person to be.

Are you there yet?

Well, that's you.

And a reminder to myself that some anonymous clown on the internet means nothing to me (as im sure anyone, including you, would say). Its easy to get carried away. I hope you get a chance to experience some of the things I have, that would be great. Have a good evening now, stick on the tv and back to lala land.
    As I said your full sh1t. This thread is about the conflict in Yemen. Not your cod adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

As I said your full sh1t. This thread is about the conflict in Yemen. Not your cod adventures.

You're gas :) I'll admit that I went off topic, but it's understandably easy to do when bad experiences rise to the fore. Fair is fair.

That said, I hope you keep your brave words confined to the Internet for your own preservation. Imagine a soldier (I'm not), telling a person about seriously disturbing experiences, only for that person to state "you're full of ****". Oh boy!

The odds of us ever running into each other are crazy slim. But people win the lottery several times a week too.

Just goes to show how absolutely pointless the Internet truly is, anything can be a lie if you don't like it, anything can be the truth if you do like it. Worthless experience all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1065654692267597824

Good on Finland, if the US is not going to have morals in this area, we need Europe to stand up and be the leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

RobertKK wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1065654692267597824

Good on Finland, if the US is not going to have morals in this area, we need Europe to stand up and be the leaders.

Sputnik News.

Finland hasn't exported arms to saudi or uae since 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Gatling wrote: »
    Sputnik News.

True, but if it's real it's still good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

buried wrote: »
    Can't be the headhunter Saudi regimes fault, sure our own news agencies told us they letting women drive cars now. Probably have them driving more tanks over there to blow up starving people. Vile fascist f**king kip. Day of reckoning coming real soon

Yea to drive cars to their own crucifixation by the sounds of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He doesnt care because hes an absolute Kunt.
    Mod note: Gringo180, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Sputnik News.

Does that upset you? Do you think they should?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Noveight wrote: »
    8 million people on the brink of starvation. No amount of aid could solve that problem for long :(

Could be solved in a short period by stopping the Saudi bombardment and opening the ports back up. This is an engineered famine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

satguy wrote: »
    Some of their near neighbors are oil rich states, "playgrounds for the rich and famous". So it's only a mater of time before they step in and help out.
    We all saw how those same rich neighbors took in all those Syrian refugees rather than have in rubber boats on the high seas.

All sarcasm aside.. Yes it is a shame and western media could/should do more.

There are more syaria refugee's in Lebanon and Jordan than everywhere else combined.

But don't let facts get in your way.

• Advertisement

Does that upset you

Quoting sputnik yeah cracks me up everytime some poor sod posts breaking news from sputnik.

Seems like a various foreign groups in Yemen have no problems getting russian produced weapons including serious heavy weaponry but some how they can't get food ofi medicine ,don't see this foreign groups from Iran and elsewhere starving at all

Quoting sputnik yeah cracks me up everytime some poor sod posts breaking news from sputnik.

Seems like a various foreign groups in Yemen have no problems getting russian produced weapons including serious heavy weaponry but some how they can't get food of medicine ,don't see this foreign groups from Iran and elsewhere starving at all

I asked you if you were upset by the Finns not selling arms to the crucifiers and head cutters, wasn’t really hoping for a rant about Russia. Although I can say I wasn’t expecting it.

Do you really support Saudi in this war. In this attempted genocide. Is they literally nothing the yanks would do that you wouldn’t support?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I suggest the US impose sanctions on Saudi Arabia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Blaming Iran for the starvation of the Yemeni's is like blaming a knife for the death of somebody from getting stabbed. Although I expect nothing else from the gatling who seems to be the mouthpiece for western intervention/illegal wars on here. Always deflects and brings the Russians into it.

Blaming Iran for the starvation of the Yemeni's is like blaming a knife .

Pretty obvious that you have little or no knowledge about yemen or the history of the last 6 decades of conflict in Yemen .

Blaming iran who support and arm the various foreign groups fighting in yemen but some how can't seem to get medical supplies and food to the civilians of Yemen but yet their forces are very obviously well fed and supplied .

But hey as long as you get to say murica this and saudi this and isreal that .

I don't which makes me laugh more usual idiots or blant lies

Pretty obvious that you have little or no knowledge about yemen or the history of the last 6 decades of conflict in Yemen .

Blaming iran who support and arm the various foreign groups fighting in yemen but some how can't seem to get medical supplies and food to the civilians of Yemen but yet their forces are very obviously well fed and supplied .

But hey as long as you get to say murica this and saudi this and isreal that .

I don't which makes me laugh more usual idiots or blant lies

The reason we are blaming America and your beloved headcutters and crucifiers is because it is they who are doing the bombings, the embargoes are the drone attacks that is causing the famine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/21/yemen-young-children-dead-starvation-disease-save-the-children

An estimated 85,000 children under the age of five have starved to death over the last three years as a result of Yemen’s civil war, a report from Save the Children has found, as the charity urged an immediate ceasefire to prevent more loss of life.

About 14 million people – half of Yemen’s population – are currently at risk of famine, largely because of Saudi border blockades designed to weaken the Houthis, which have also strangled civilian access to food, fuel, aid and commercial goods.

You don’t make me laugh. You make me sick. If I were to even begin to post honestly half of what I think of you I would be permabanned.

The reason we are blaming America and your beloved headcutters and crucifiers is

I not Saudi Arabian so there not my anything ,

But it's not the first or last time you posted some utter ****e .

So please do explain where this all started and where all the heavy weaponry had flooded into yemen but no food or medical supplies ,

Can't answer no .

Maybe you can wait for sputnik to tell you so you can tell boards

I not Saudi Arabian so there not my anything ,

But it's not the first or last time you posted some utter ****e .

So please do explain where this all started and where all the heavy weaponry had flooded into yemen but no food or medical supplies ,

Can't answer no .

Maybe you can wait for sputnik to tell you so you can tell boards

I never read Sputnik. That’s typical of your form of argument. Shout about putin.

Of course you are a supporter of Saudi Arabia.

The war has seen 85,000 children die because of the blockade. That’s what you an apologist for.

Of course you are a supporter of Saudi Arabia.

Show me where I support Saudi .

Or are you spoofing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

As long as we all blamed saudi and the west but are very happy to ignore the other countries involvement

But this is who is to blame. Saudi Arabia has invaded Yemen, using predominantly US equipment. Iran is just as backward as Saudia Arabia, and is cynically using Yemen in its Middle Eastern chess game, but that doesn't change the most important aspect of all this.

• Advertisement

But this is who is to blame. Saudi Arabia has invaded Yemen, using predominantly US equipment.

Invaded no they didn't invade ,

American
    Swiss
    German
    Chinese
    Romanian
    Russian
    Swedish
    Moldovan
    Austrian
    Swedish
    Belgian
    French
    Spanish
    Uk
    Supplied equipment and support let's say the US overnight say no more weapons to Saudi the conflict in Yemen doesn't and won't stop what then blame America some more while completely ignoring all other players ,

No American weapons well they would be replaced by several other nations only happy enough to take saudi money tomorrow and in the future unfortunately sad but true

There needs to be international support in condemneding all sides and demands all foreign groups and fighters remove themselves from yemen ,by only condemning the Saudi and the west you then allow others to carry on regardless ,

It's all a game to some and entertainment to others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Swiss
    German
    Chinese
    Romanian
    Russian
    Swedish
    Moldovan
    Austrian
    Swedish
    Belgian
    French
    Spanish
    Uk

The major one is the US. Russia is one of the most significant arms suppliers in the middle east, but Saudi Arabia is aligned against Russian interests, so it would be unlikely to take up the deficit in this case. I believe a couple of the countries you've quoted have refused to sell any more equipment to Saudi Arabia, but they're relatively small fry (e.g. Spain I think)

Supplied equipment and support let's say the US overnight say no more weapons to Saudi the conflict in Yemen doesn't and won't stop what then blame America some more while completely ignoring all other players ,

Saudi Arabia is already well supplied, so US pulling out now wouldn't make any noticeable difference, at least immediately. But if Saudi Arabia pulled out the rebels would steamroll the country and then there would probably be peace, or some other regional conflict could potentially break out in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Yemen's only a kip anyway!

But if Saudi Arabia pulled out the rebels would steamroll the country and then there would probably be peace, or some other regional conflict could potentially break out in the future.

Probably peace it's highly likely we would end up with Isis 2.0 and no one willing or able to stop them you would end up with a situation of another Isis with easy access for groups from Somalia and eiratrea in Africa and vice versa from the sea ,
    Expect a bigger **** storm than we have seen yet .

Demilitarisation is the way to go but that would mean a larger military intervention on the ground to secure the state and impose and rule and security and then rebuild , which other countries don't want and won't allow that ,

There are more complex problems than the average person is willing to admit , hence why the international community.is not willing to get involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Demilitarisation is the way to go but that would mean a larger military intervention on the ground to secure the state and impose and rule and security and then rebuild , which other countries don't want and won't allow that ,
    Wasn't that what they tried in Iraq though, with dire results?

In theory it could work, but so long as the likes of Erik "Christian Holy War" Prince and his Blackwater/Academi goons are getting subcontracted to do the horrible sh*t they do, just as they did in Iraq, that solution is pretty much doomed to failure and making things even worse.

I do agree though that the vacuum created from full and quick withdrawal is potentially catastrophic too, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Invaded no they didn't invade ,

American
    Swiss
    German
    Chinese
    Romanian
    Russian
    Swedish
    Moldovan
    Austrian
    Swedish
    Belgian
    French
    Spanish
    Uk

No American weapons well they would be replaced by several other nations only happy enough to take saudi money tomorrow and in the future unfortunately sad but true

There needs to be international support in condemneding all sides and demands all foreign groups and fighters remove themselves from yemen ,by only condemning the Saudi and the west you then allow others to carry on regardless ,

It's all a game to some and entertainment to others

Do any of the named above invade countries thousands of miles from there land in the name of freedom.and democracy? Do they always prostlatise about human rights and go around the world acting like the world police? The Saudis are the biggest funders of Islamic terrorism on the planet and the Americans are the biggest suppliers of weaponary to them, they would not be able to launch a war against Yemen on this scale without backing from the US. This is why they are getting criticised and rightfully so.

You really should have your own show on Fox News or CNN. Your fake news would go down well there.

You really should have your own show on Fox News or CNN. Your fake news would go down well there.

Again a poster with nothing but I hate America and personal attacks suggests you have very little knowledge of Yemen now and in the past ,

But as long as you repeatedly say murica and Saudi is evil everyone is good that's ok .

Billy86 wrote: »
    Wasn't that what they tried in Iraq though, with dire results?

In theory it could work, but so long as the likes of Erik "Christian Holy War" Prince and his Blackwater/Academi goons are getting subcontracted to do the horrible sh*t they do, just as they did in Iraq, that solution is pretty much doomed to failure and making things even worse.

I do agree though that the vacuum created from full and quick withdrawal is potentially catastrophic too, though.

Totally agree ,it's either a case of forceably occupation to guarantee peace which as you rightly pointed out with Iraq you then suffer dire consequences along with the usual suspects calling for holy jihad against the foreign infidels while crying out Muslims being killed but when it's their forces doing the killing that's ok,

Stand by and do nothing and we will have bigger problems than already exist ,have full international intervention and we will have the same outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Jaysus Yemen got a bad oul knock, a bad oul knock... they're not themselves ... not themselves since I saw dem de lhast time ....

• Advertisement

Just to bump this with this morning's harrowing Morning Ireland feature on Yemen. What's happening there, as western governments supply the oil-rich Saudi Arabian perpetrator of so much of this evil in a wider conflict between Iran and Saudi Arabia, is the shame of world politics - but it's getting the bare minimum of attention here.
    Now we're going to Yemen where 80% of all children need humanitarian assistance, 2 million children under five years of age are acutely malnourished, 360,000 of those children are severely malnourished and fighting for their lives... worst humanitarian crisis of our time...
    [Unicef representative] "Yemen is very likely today to be one of the worst, if not the worst, places on earth to be a child. Every single 10 minutes a child in Yemen is dying from preventable diseases simply because children do not have access in time to the life-saving vaccinations because close to 2 million children are suffering from severe malnutrition..."

The UNICEF man then explains how there has been a huge increase in the number of girls as young as 10 are being sold as child brides in the hope that this will be one less mouth for her parents to feed. Similarly, all sides in the war are targeting [starving] boys and recruiting them as child soldiers.

Please listen:UNICEF's Geert Cappelaere pleads for help in Yemen

Colm Ó Mongáin, 'Yemen, the civil war and how it came about'

Yemen crisis: why is there a war?

Advertisement