Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

He was never any more than a liability who made some highlight reel plays to stay relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I thought he would go to the Pats. He is a good receiver and they had to give Eli someone to throw to now OBJ Is gone.

As for a plan they’ve got a lot of good picks to try to rebuild now. It’s probably not the way most people would have done it but there must be some plan behind all these moves. They’ll be lucky if the fans don’t tear down the building before it’s all over though.

Bring Nelson home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Foxtroll, it’s really pathetic that you can’t let the Pats out of your head. Criticism, no prob. Weird infatuation, just sad.
    Your ego is this bad when SF kinda suck. Imagine how bad it’d be if you had the success of the Pats.
    Let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

Bring Nelson home.

Yea please and put him in the slot and dont resign cobb

• Advertisement

cosatron wrote: »
    Yea please and put him in the slot and dont resign cobb

He'd be more dangerous than Graham in the red zone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Blut2

Hes about to turn 34, there can't be much demand out there for him. Would be great if he came back to the Packers on a value deal for a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

He was never any more than a liability who made some highlight reel plays to stay relevant.

He was good in 2015, excellent in 2016, but fell off a lot in 2017 along with a number of teammates who seemed to just lose all motivation. Didn't get to see him play for the Redskins, but he is one of those guys with the "tonne of talent and half an ounce of motivation" issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know how many jags fans we have here, but i hope they realise what a good QB they now have in nick foles. It's an immediate upgrade in everyway possible to Blake bortles( and I'm not having a go at bortles) and so the other parts of the team that fell off last year should come back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't know how many jags fans we have here, but i hope they realise what a good QB they now have in nick foles. It's an immediate upgrade in everyway possible to Blake bortles( and I'm not having a go at bortles) and so the other parts of the team that fell off last year should come back up.
    As a Jags fan feel free to have a go at Bortles! Though I would guess Bortles is faster with his legs so maybe not every way. I am excited to see Foles line up for us. Let us see how it goes anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Calling what Ben has done and been accused of ‘his fair share of controversy’ is exactly what I’m talking about when I say brushing things under the carpet.

I think Ben is horrible excuse for a human, I think the organization treated Bell horribly by tagging him a second time, I think the organization/players/fans treated Bell during his hold out was uncalled for, I think the leniency they give Ben and the rest of the players is unwise, but other than that I quite like the Steelers.

Nice to see you’ve gone down the route of some Patriots fans on here, that questioning players or decisions equates to not liking a team.

:) I look forward to more debates about our beloved Steelers then! weirdly I didn't know you were a 49'ers fan (I should have checked further back I guess) with the way you 'like' the Steelers I honestly had you pegged as a Patriots fan, I can clearly see I was wrong. Weird to see an NFC guy so invested in AFC teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

billr67 wrote: »
    :) I look forward to more debates about our beloved Steelers then! weirdly I didn't know you were a 49'ers fan (I should have checked further back I guess) with the way you 'like' the Steelers I honestly had you pegged as a Patriots fan, I can clearly see I was wrong. Weird to see an NFC guy so invested in AFC teams!

Didn’t know I was only allowed to have opinions on my own team and apparently teams in their conference :confused:

If you want to check out my thoughts on the 49ers offseason moves take a look at their thread. Unlike some teams, for now it looks like we’ve gotten past our recent drama filled off seasons, where we lose our best players, so there’s not too much interest in discussing their moves in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Didn’t know I was only allowed to have opinions on my own team and apparently teams in their conference :confused:

If you want to check out my thoughts on the 49ers offseason moves take a look at their thread. Unlike some teams, for now it looks like we’ve gotten past our recent drama filled off seasons, where we lose our best players, so there’s not too much interest in discussing their moves in this thread.

Flippin hell you're so sensitive :rolleyes: I didn't say you couldn't have opinions about anything but yours are so spittle flecked it's like your shouting them at the screen. Particularly about the Steelers who you'd rarely face anyway that's all I meant.

Weirdly enough the whole middle 80's Joe Montana Jerry Rice Steve Young era was when I started watching NFL on Channel 4 they were a heck of a team.

Hunt gone for 8 games next year. Presume that means they keep Duke for cover. As much as I don’t feel he should be back on the field, it could be huge for the Browns having him coming in fresh halfway through the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Foxtrol wrote:
    Hunt gone for 8 games next year. Presume that means they keep Duke for cover. As much as I don’t feel he should be back on the field, it could be huge for the Browns having him coming in fresh halfway through the year.

8 games is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭letowski

Tannehill to the Titans. Strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

letowski wrote: »
    Tannehill to the Titans. Strange one.

Mariota is injury prone so it makes sense to have a decent backup, but he was getting cut anyway, so no idea why Titans gave up picks. Good deal for Dolphins though.

Can it be appealed and reduced? Not that he doesn’t deserve every minute

I'm sure all the normal avenues of appeal are open to him, even threatening to take it all the way to the US Supreme Court :rolleyes:

His best bet and what I suspect the Browns will advise is that he accepts it and keeps his head down. With all the FA stuff going on this story will go away pretty quickly and be somewhat forgotten. If he drags it out it'll be headline news during the quiet news season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The statement he released today gives the impression that he won’t be appealing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

He did nothing wrong. Just pushed someone who was getting in his face. He is a good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

https://es.pn/2T9u9MK

Not appealing it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Mariota is injury prone so it makes sense to have a decent backup, but he was getting cut anyway, so no idea why Titans gave up picks. Good deal for Dolphins though.

Guarantee to get hi.m.

Titans up a 4th next year and a 7th this year and get a 6th this year.

Also his guaranteed salary is 7m and the Fins are paying 5m of that.

He will see game time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

When you take into account that Hunt was on the Commissioner's list since midway through last season, it's actually more of a 1 year ban, which is probably about fair.

Tyreek Hill in a bit of trouble now too.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1106668810055155713

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Jesus rumours are it was his three year old son. That's him finished if they're right.

Hopefully, they're not true.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Jesus rumours are it was his three year old son. That's him finished if they're right.

Hopefully, they're not true.

Yeah, they're saying he broke his son's arm.

There were serious question marks over this guy before he came in to the league he pleaded guilty to domestic violence on his kids mother while she was pregnant during his time in college. He must be a complete headcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

He already beat his gf while she was pregnant with the same child who now has a broken arm. He managed to get that expunged but it doesn't change the fact that he's a scumbag. If this turns out to be true, his career should be over. It was always a big risk from the Chiefs taking a chance on someone like him.

• Advertisement

He already beat his gf while she was pregnant with the same child who now has a broken arm. He managed to get that expunged but it doesn't change the fact that he's a scumbag. If this turns out to be true, his career should be over. It was always a big risk from the Chiefs taking a chance on someone like him.

Fifth round pick iirc so he was worth the risk purely from a football perspective, he is one of the best players in the NFL. Dorsey doesn’t seem to mind taking a chance on guys with a chequered past

I totally agree with you though, if this is true surely no team would risk touching him again?

Advertisement