Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

First Hunt, now Hill

Witchhunt against my Chiefs

Innocent until proven guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I've always like the Steelers as an organisation. There has always appeared to be a sense of loyalty there.
    Obviously as a Patriots fan there are players there I never liked but at the same time respected as great players.
    There'd be a few of them ony all time team. Ed Reed is one of my favourite players of all time.
    I think Bell let himself down badly but it doesn't seem so bad now after what Brown did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

First Hunt, now Hill

It's not a witch hunt. If people got reported it's a check with evidence.

First Hunt, now Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

First Hunt, now Hill

It's hardly a witch-hunt, just two scumbags that were on the same team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Broncos sign ex-Bear, Bryce Callahan CB, 3 yrs - $21milliom with $10million guaranteed.

Probably the best slot DB in the NFL - that's the Denver secondary sorted. An ILB and a NT and the defence is set for the season - watch the damage it will do with Fangio at the helm.

me89 wrote: »
    It's hardly a witch-hunt, just two scumbags that were on the same team.

Says the Patriots fan. F**king hell :D

Remember when the Patriots drafted and kept a murderer in their organisation for multiple seasons and then their owner got busted for rub n tugs at an Asian massage parlour and human trafficking involvement? Good times and definitely not scumbags

The kid is fine

He was on Twitch last night playing video games, nowt wrong with his arms. This ones on the mum I think. Tyreek not on the police report - the fiance is

I believe in you Cheetah

D1u8VhJX4AI1ERf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bethel to the Ravens.

An excellent special teams addition.

Paully D wrote: »
    Bethel to the Ravens.

An excellent special teams addition.

Bigtime.

That's a great pickup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Remember when the Patriots drafted and kept a murderer in their organisation for multiple seasons and then their owner got busted for rub n tugs at an Asian massage parlour and human trafficking involvement? Good times and definitely not scumbags

Honestly, how old are you? This has literally nothing to do with the Patriots. No one is saying that the Chiefs organisation was wrong for drafting the guys, but they're both scumbags, Tyreek Hill especially. Even if this isn't true, he still beat the shlte out of his pregnant missus. Had he not been a standout athlete he probably wouldn't have gotten near the support he has gotten, and if there wasn't literally tens of millions riding on him not repeat offending I highly doubt it would be his only offence. He's a scumbag, just like Hernandez.

They did not draft nor keep a murderer in their organisation. They drafted a guy who went on to kill people and they cut him that night iirc. You are quite annoying in the silly way you spin things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They did not draft nor keep a murderer in their organisation. They drafted a guy who went on to kill people and they cut him that night iirc. You are quite annoying in the silly way you spin things

As far as we know he wasn't murderer by the draft, however he did, like Hill, have multiple red flags, including serious drug use, fights, and connected to a shooting. It is why he fell to the 4th and was off the board of many other teams. It was a Hill type gamble drafting him

I don't remember hearing about the drug use. I did hear about the temper and dodgy friends. I don't remember hearing anything about him being connected to a shooting either. The first I heard of that was after he got arrested for murder

• Registered Users Posts: 19 News Carver

Either way, Hill's hands are clean of this one. He paid his debt to society for the previous incident in 2013/14 and has been nothing but a model pro since then. People can change and everyone makes mistakes.

Nothing to see here, move along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Fitzmagic taking his talents to South Beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Fitzmagic taking his talents to South Beach.

Would love to see it work out for him but they won’t want it to is my guess, they’re tanking for Tua.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

Long time reader of the thread, first time poster (only opened the account tonight)

Mainly signed up for this thread (usually just read here & Reddit) looking forward to chatting to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

Welcome aboard. Great forum with some very knowledgeable posters and very little trolling. So who do you support

cosatron wrote: »
    Welcome aboard. Great forum with some very knowledgeable posters and very little trolling. So who do you support

Thanks!

I’m a Jets fan! First year in a while I’m actually excited about the coming season, even with no expectation just looking forward to see the growth of Darnold with Gase’s offence, added with Bell too of course.

Can anyone persuade me Bosa will fall to us at #3 :)

• Advertisement

If he gets a start with them it must be a record for a QB, he has started a game for eight teams already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Deadmou5e wrote:
    Can anyone persuade me Bosa will fall to us at #3

Very possible
    If the Cardinals take Murray at 1 all bets are off
    49ers make odd picks so might go Josh Allen with 2 or trade down with the Jets at 3 to get extra picks

brinty wrote: »
    Very possible
    49ers make odd picks so might go Josh Allen with 2 or trade down with the Jets at 3 to get extra picks

I was thinking that before OBJ moved to Cleveland. Apparently SF weren’t willing to give up the No.2 pick for him, would make me assume they already know what/who they’re taking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

brinty wrote: »
    Very possible
    You'd have to think if they're taking him, they'd have Rosen tradeed in advance to get more picks stocked anyway, so I reckon we'll know in advance if they're going QB

Shedite27 wrote:
    You'd have to think if they're taking him, they'd have Rosen tradeed in advance to get more picks stocked anyway, so I reckon we'll know in advance if they're going QB
    They won't get much for Rosen if they are going with another QB. Teams will be concerned that he isn't good enough,and he had concussion issues before the draft last year.
    They have him on a rookie contract, they should hold onto him even if they are drafting Murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Deadmou5e wrote: »
    I was thinking that before OBJ moved to Cleveland. Apparently SF weren’t willing to give up the No.2 pick for him, would make me assume they already know what/who they’re taking with it.

That rumour was a bit vague, it wasn’t clear if they weren’t willing to give up the #2 pick straight up or move from #2 at all. If it was the former it was just them being wise as I don’t think many teams would trade OBJ for a #2 pick (see how they got way less from the Browns), if it was the latter and they wouldn’t swap picks from #2 to #6 then it might mean they’re set on someone.

There are a couple of scenarios where some combination of Murray, Williams, Haskins, Allen go 1 and 2. Though I’m still skeptical, all news points to Murray going 1 to the Cardinals and if not someone could trade up for him. Williams and Bosa are very close as far as talent goes, with Williams arguably having a higher ceiling. He apparently is a very ‘high character’ guy, which the 49ers have an overboard thing for, and signing Ford could give them an option to not take an Edge. The least likely of the 4 is probably Haskins, but a team could try to move up if Murray is off the board and they are the only 2 QBs they rate. Finally, Shanahan said that Ford would play LEO during the introductory press conference, which is more the position Bosa would be expected to play, and with Allen’s coverage skills alongside his rushing he would be a perfect fit as a SAM linebacker.

I don’t think Bosa is quite the cant miss talent he is being made out to be but as a 49ers fan I hope they go with him if he’s there. The Ford signing has made me less annoyed if they end up going a different route.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Randall Cobb to the Cowboys

Decent signing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

At the right price he is a decent signing. I would have preferred him in GB over the murmurs over Jordy Nelson returning, though mainly because I think Nelson is completely done beyond being a week 14 injury crisis... and because GB seemingly has nobody for the slot at the moment.

Anything above 5mn is questionable, anything below is good value. I think Dallas could use a boundary guy more though, and Cobb is fairly woeful out wide.

Cobb is a great signing for Dallas. Very tough for the safeties with Cooper going deep and Randall crossing the middle. I think it'll improve their receiving offense markedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Blut2

Billy86 wrote: »
    At the right price he is a decent signing. I would have preferred him in GB over the murmurs over Jordy Nelson returning, though mainly because I think Nelson is completely done beyond being a week 14 injury crisis... and because GB seemingly has nobody for the slot at the moment.

Anything above 5mn is questionable, anything below is good value. I think Dallas could use a boundary guy more though, and Cobb is fairly woeful out wide.

$5mn is exactly what's being reported now, so you were fairly on the money there.

Advertisement