Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hard Knocks is going to feature both the Rams and Chargers if Training Camps go ahead. Will be interesting seeing them do 2 teams, it's been a bit stale the past couple of years.

Desperate to try and keep it going. People have lost interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Blut2

eagle eye wrote: »
    Desperate to try and keep it going. People have lost interest in it.

Its way too sanitized, its almost boring. This year we had all the Antonio Brown drama going on exactly when Hard Knocks was being filmed, and we saw pretty much none of it.

I know teams would hesitate to give access if they showed too much...but theres gotta be a balance somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Recently finished the new seasons of Sunderland till I die and better again Drive to Survive

Both much better than the last few seasons of Hard Knocks. All or Nothing is equally as stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/craycraftbrett/status/1248060149580943378?s=21

In fairness even bears fans should find this funny given the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I would bet any amount of money it was a bears fan who wrote it sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Actually burst out laughing when I read that. Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

CBS replace Dan Fouts with Charles Davis

One of commentators I dislike the most replaced with one of my favourites. I’m happy over it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

mikemac2 wrote: »
    CBS replace Dan Fouts with Charles Davis

One of commentators I dislike the most replaced with one of my favourites. I’m happy over it anyway :)

And NBC have nabbed Brees!

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/dan-fouts-released-from-nfl-broadcast-duties-drew-brees-to-join-nbc-sports/2303657/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I thought with everything going on currently I somehow missed Drew Brees retiring! Turns out he's just agreed to join NBC when his playing career ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Oat23 wrote: »
    I thought with everything going on currently I somehow missed Drew Brees retiring! Turns out he's just agreed to join NBC when his playing career ends.

That's how I was when I saw the picture in that article.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Are there any card collectors in here or anyone with interest in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone watch the Alex Smith documentary? Crazy stuff how things nearly got out of control. Some very graphic pictures in it. Mad that he still wants to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Anyone watch the Alex Smith documentary? Crazy stuff how things nearly got out of control. Some very graphic pictures in it. Mad that he still wants to play again.
    Link for anyone looking for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sad news that Don Shula has passed away

RIP, one of the greatest coaches of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

NFL London games are cancelled. All games to take place in the US

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031544/article/2020-nfl-london-games-ticket-news

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

NFL London games are cancelled. All games to take place in the US

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031544/article/2020-nfl-london-games-ticket-news

That doesn't bode well for notre Dame Navy either.

That doesn't bode well for notre Dame Navy either.
    I'd say that was less likely to happen than the NFL games. NCAA were first to cancel all sports and will most likely be last to restart.

I'd say that was less likely to happen than the NFL games. NCAA were first to cancel all sports and will most likely be last to restart.

And yet nobody has a penny back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

kmart6 wrote: »
    Link for anyone looking for it....

Went to watch this tonight but link seems to have been taken down any other links for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

And yet nobody has a penny back.

Well in fairness it hasn't been officially called yet. As soon as it is I'm sure refunds will commence.

Very disappointed it's off but understandable. I also have a season ticket for spurs stadium games but have a baby on the way the same time the games were to be played this year so selfishly it's actually fallen better for me to be off until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭boccy23

Adam Schefter interviews Todd McShay about his journey through Covid-19 for anyone that is interested.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=29143860

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Long time reader first time poster! Just set up my account today to join and talk Football with ye all.

Browns fan for my sins, have family in Ohio so been a fan hell of a long time. Been over for a few games too but even though I travel to Ohio for family holidays a lot, it’s mostly summer I go so haven’t been to a game since the relocation in 96.

Said I’d bite the bullet and join this year Cos with the expanded play off I feel it’s now or never for us to make the playoffs :D I like the moves Stefanski has made and with the Vikings being a mostly run game team under him I feel it’ll take pressure off of Baker and OBJ although how that’ll keep the latter happy for long I’m not so sure.

Anyways seeing as I’m off work and there’s no sport I’ll be tuning into the ESPN programme tonight and enjoying it.

Looking forward to chatting this season.

Welcome Stephen, not many Browns fans around here. I'm a Patriots fan myself but I've always had a soft spot for the Browns. I'll never forget when you lost your franchise to Baltimore.
    Its been a long time since you've had any success,
    I remember you getting close in 07 under Romeo Crennel with Jamal Lewis, Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards and your rookie left tackle Joe Thomas all having great seasons. I remember your two losses to the Bengals that year with TJ Houshmandzadeh coming up big in both games.
    I'd love to see things finally take a turn for the better for you guys. I wouldn't shout for any other team in the AFC against you outside of New England.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Long time reader first time poster! Just set up my account today to join and talk Football with ye all.

Browns fan for my sins, have family in Ohio so been a fan hell of a long time. Been over for a few games too but even though I travel to Ohio for family holidays a lot, it’s mostly summer I go so haven’t been to a game since the relocation in 96.

Said I’d bite the bullet and join this year Cos with the expanded play off I feel it’s now or never for us to make the playoffs :D I like the moves Stefanski has made and with the Vikings being a mostly run game team under him I feel it’ll take pressure off of Baker and OBJ although how that’ll keep the latter happy for long I’m not so sure.

Anyways seeing as I’m off work and there’s no sport I’ll be tuning into the ESPN programme tonight and enjoying it.

Welcome, Steelers fan here.

I like what the Browns have done too and feel they can be genuinely very good this year but they are hugely dependent on mayfield taking a step forward. They may have finally solved those tackle spots which was a huge issue last year and the skill players on offence are among the best in the entire league.

Hard to look past the Ravens for the division this year once again but you never know from year to year which is what I love about the NFL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Nice to have you on board, I am a fan of the league, but not any particular team, would you be old enough to remember the Kardiac kids team of the late 70's-1980? My earliest memory of the browns was the team narrowly defeated by the Broncos in the game where Elway led a long drive, I won't mention anyone in particular, but it was the fumble game. Also remember Clay Matthews, the elder one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Dont know if you've seen it but theres a brilliant docu-series in youtube called Building the Browns some great stuff behind the scenes! Vikings fan here btw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Oat23 wrote: »

He also filed for sole custody as the kids primary carer. Which tbf he prob is now he's retired so means he won't have to pay her stupid amounts every month like us courts seem to demand

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Welcome Stephen, not many Browns fans around here. I'm a Patriots fan myself but I've always had a soft spot for the Browns. I'll never forget when you lost your franchise to Baltimore.
    Its been a long time since you've had any success,
    I remember you getting close in 07 under Romeo Crennel with Jamal Lewis, Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards and your rookie left tackle Joe Thomas all having great seasons. I remember your two losses to the Bengals that year with TJ Houshmandzadeh coming up big in both games.
    I'd love to see things finally take a turn for the better for you guys. I wouldn't shout for any other team in the AFC against you outside of New England.

I love Joe Thomas, he’s absolutely adored in Cleveland, my cousin tells me it’s like BOD or Paul O’Connell here the status he’s held in, I love listening to him on NFL Network too.

Welcome, Steelers fan here.

I like what the Browns have done too and feel they can be genuinely very good this year but they are hugely dependent on mayfield taking a step forward. They may have finally solved those tackle spots which was a huge issue last year and the skill players on offence are among the best in the entire league.

Hard to look past the Ravens for the division this year once again but you never know from year to year which is what I love about the NFL

Yes unfortunately it looks like the Ravens are the real deal this year, I’m interested in people’s opinions in Jackson though, I know he can ball and is a brilliant QB but I’ve been discussing him with friends and I’m of the opinion if he doesn’t adapt his game I can’t see him being around in 5/6 times the abuse his body is going to take, I know that takes a lot away from his game trying to get him to run less but with the defence in that division Steelers and Browns (rumours we might get Clowney too) more so than the Bengals at present he’s going to take massive hits a lot!

I’ve been told I’m wrong about that :D maybe I am too but I feel he mightn’t have huge leverage when negotiating off his rookie contract the way he plays now.

Nice to have you on board, I am a fan of the league, but not any particular team, would you be old enough to remember the Kardiac kids team of the late 70's-1980? My earliest memory of the browns was the team narrowly defeated by the Broncos in the game where Elway led a long drive, I won't mention anyone in particular, but it was the fumble game. Also remember Clay Matthews, the elder one :)

No I was born in 85 so I know nothing but bad times following the Browns unless you take out the excited that lasted maybe 4 months when we drafted Johnny Manziel (who I was sure was going to be the next big thing in terms of QB) might be disclosing how little I know about the sport with that comment :D

Advertisement