Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wawaman wrote: »
    Romo and Nantz are the best duo by a mile

I agree that cbs hit the jackpot with romo and Jim Nantz is well Jim nantz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I prefer Michaels/Collinsworth too, just a pity I never get to see the game they do at 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Michaels and Collingwood have that "big game" feeling that the others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Michaels and Collingwood have that "big game" feeling that the others don't.

The level of production/gimmickry from NBC helps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

I find burkhardt and Charles Davies pretty good for fox ,would prefer them as the number 1 team for fox instead of buck and aikman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I find burkhardt and Charles Davies pretty good for fox ,would prefer them as the number 1 team for fox instead of buck and aikman.

I've always been a fan of Kevin Burkhardt, going back to his Mets days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Where did Gus Johnson go? Is it basketball?

I miss him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

he does college football for fox anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1235334915924905985

Seems daft. Easy win for the Chargers if it goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,188 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'd safe it's safe to assume the draft will be delayed anyway.

You’d think they could still pick without the show just to keep things on track in case this is all over by September.

You’d think they could still pick without the show just to keep things on track in case this is all over by September.

Roger likes his hugs.

Roger likes his hugs.

Along with his massive bags of dollars.

CBA approved. 1019-959 so close enough in the end. Football until 2030!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Given the pandemic this will likely turn out to be a good deal for players. Given the short/medium term uncertainty I doubt the owners would have improved it prior to 2020.

Good news for a lot of teams with tight cap space. Expect a huge amount of movement in the next 2 days, as teams and players were holding off decisions based on whether this passes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Given the pandemic this will likely turn out to be a good deal for players. Given the short/medium term uncertainty I doubt the owners would have improved it prior to 2020.

Good news for a lot of teams with tight cap space. Expect a huge amount of movement in the next 2 days, as teams and players were holding off decisions based on whether this passes
    What is the cap likely to be now Foxtrol? My Steelers are in dire cap straits

Up to $198.2m from $188.2m last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Is there a list of what changes are in the cba?? Wasn't there a thing where the former patriots rb need disability to survive and the league are trying to change how/what the entitlements are

• Advertisement

Is there a list of what changes are in the cba?? Wasn't there a thing where the former patriots rb need disability to survive and the league are trying to change how/what the entitlements are

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfls-new-cba-explained-a-look-at-all-the-roster-salary-and-season-changes/

As pointed out the change for next year is around what has been baked into most cap space estimates but the big help from the cba is for teams knowing there is a huge increase coming in the cap 2021. Teams can get through 2020 and just push salary to 2021 with the agreement.

Calais Campbell to the Ravens for only a 5th. Jags blowing things up (again) but surprised they couldn't get more than that for him. Ravens will likely get at least that pick back for him if they don't extend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Extra wildcard team from next year
    17th regular season game from 2022 (or possibly 2021 or 23 but 22 makes most sense for broadcasting deals)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Foxtrol wrote: »
    As pointed out the change for next year is around what has been baked into most cap space estimates but the big help from the cba is for teams knowing there is a huge increase coming in the cap 2021. Teams can get through 2020 and just push salary to 2021 with the agreement.

I saw the 198m figure before but there were vague reports that it would increase substantially this year once the deal was passed, I saw one report that stated it may go up as far as 230m, guess that’s for 2021 then?

Being able to restructure high earners does help of course.

That Tannehill deal is mental.

That Tannehill deal is mental.

If anybody had told me this time last year that he’d be getting close to $30m per year I’d have laughed at them. Presumably the Titans will have an out at some stage, haven’t seen details on guarantees yet so it may not be as crazy as it seems.

Great pickup by Baltimore with Campbell, they are tagging Judon as well so that is the pass rush sorted for 2020. That top Jags defence from 2016-18 is pretty much gone now, Ngakoue will probably be tagged and traded as well.

I saw the 198m figure before but there were vague reports that it would increase substantially this year once the deal was passed, I saw one report that stated it may go up as far as 230m, guess that’s for 2021 then?

Being able to restructure high earners does help of course.

Yes. 2021 is when it will move to 48% share, 48.5% if they go to 17 games. Saw estimates of up to 240m.

It helps not only with restructuring, teams can just back load contracts for new players to sign. Would have been hard to risk either not knowing what the CBA was going to end up as.

• Advertisement

With the way the US is currently preparing for the Coronavirus I can see next season being postponed or even cancelled. Looking like the US is going to be hit very, very hard.

Advertisement