Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Some people have way too much time on their hands

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1198652764798238720

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Lamar ... Wow ... what a performance. Scary good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Beau Bennett

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Where is a good pub in Dublin to watch Sunday evening games?

Rody Bolands in Rathmines show various games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Mary Macs in Ballsbridge will show the 6pm and 9pm games. Maybe red zone on a different screen

The woolshed is the best spot though if you want a crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Apparently stabbed by his missus over his infidelity. Walked into the hospital of his own accord though but was in critical condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

He has got charged for simple assault. She has ben charged with attempted homicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭al87987

kmart6 wrote: »
    He has got charged for simple assault. She has ben charged with attempted homicide.

Penalties offset, replay 2nd down

Looks like the Jaguars have made a complete mess of their QB position again.

Finally get away from Bortles and now stuck with Foles' big contract while he sits on the bench. I thought he would be an okay signing but I have no idea how they ended up doing such a poor job with his contract for what he'd shown as a starter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Looks like the Jaguars have made a complete mess of their QB position again.

Finally get away from Bortles and now stuck with Foles' big contract while he sits on the bench. I thought he would be an okay signing but I have no idea how they ended up doing such a poor job with his contract for what he'd shown as a starter.

We got some contract skills. I mean Bortles is our highest paid QB this year (15mil from us, 1 mil from the Rams).

I was cheered up by a friend who mentioned the Dolphins two biggest cap hits this year are Suh and Tannehill (their dead money is only very slightly smaller than their top 51 salaries).

Ron Rivera sacked by the Panthers. That's what happens when you lose to the Redskins!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I didn't expect that before Black Monday. Wow.

I didn't expect that before Black Monday. Wow.

It looked for a while like they'd come to the end of the road with him and the loss at the weekend was a great excuse. With their remaining games there was a risk that they beat one of the contenders or go on a run of wins making it more difficult to sell to fans/media.

I'd say he'll be back in the league quickly if he wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ravens sign Patrick Ricard to a two year deal. He was an undrafted player out of Maine in 2017

Why should anyone care you say? He's the best example of a two way player in the league today. He attends both offensive and defensive meetings and plays defensive line and also fullback. He gets one on one sessions with the coaches to make sure he understands everything, its a lot to take in

Has a sack, forced fumble, a TD and over 10 catches :) . Runs the ball and hits linebackers at over 300lbs. He also plays special teams.

Sure there are other examples in the league but none play as many snaps as Ricard. Old skool football player here :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭letowski

Adam Vinatieri will undergo knee surgery which end his season, and most likely his career in the NFL.

He will turn 47 years old at the end of the month and has been in the league since 1996. He has won 4 Superbowls (3 with the Patriots).

He has struggled a lot since the end of last year, but he will always be remembered as one of the best kickers in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Ravens sign Patrick Ricard to a two year deal. He was an undrafted player out of Maine in 2017

Why should anyone care you say? He's the best example of a two way player in the league today. He attends both offensive and defensive meetings and plays defensive line and also fullback. He gets one on one sessions with the coaches to make sure he understands everything, its a lot to take in

Has a sack, forced fumble, a TD and over 10 catches :) . Runs the ball and hits linebackers at over 300lbs. He also plays special teams.

Sure there are other examples in the league but none play as many snaps as Ricard. Old skool football player here :cool:

And just to throw in, I met him when I went over for the browns game a couple of weeks ago and he's a really sound skin. Came straight over to us because we had an Irish flag and stood chatting and took pics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

letowski wrote: »
    Adam Vinatieri will undergo knee surgery which end his season, and most likely his career in the NFL.

He will turn 47 years old at the end of the month and has been in the league since 1996. He has won 4 Superbowls (3 with the Patriots).

He has struggled a lot since the end of last year, but he will always be remembered as one of the best kickers in the NFL.
    To put some contest around that, the day he made his debut was the day Wexford won the All-Ireland in 1996, the Martin Storey "dancing at the crossroads" one, and was a week after Beckham scored from the halfway line. Vinitieri has been playing football since then :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

BoldReason wrote: »
    At this point a random dude in a Patriots jersey taking a selfie in the crowd would be called out for cheating :pac:

• Advertisement

"Random dudes" team apologises for not informing the league or the bengals on what they were up to.
    https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1204227854898208769?s=19

BoldReason wrote: »
    "Random dudes" team apologises for not informing the league or the bengals on what they were up to.

I'm leaning towards this being innocent but the problem when someone has a history of lying and cheating it makes people question when you're telling the truth. It is made even worse when the story you're now telling is the same as the lie you told in past

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/1204146996430417923

I'm leaning towards this being innocent but the problem when someone has a history of lying and cheating it makes people question when you're telling the truth. It is made even worse when the story you're now telling is the same as the lie you told in past

Haha ya I don't think there is much in it myself. Just joking around tbh as it seems to drive the fans towards this "haters gonna hate" tag which I love. :D

If they were filming the Ravens etc. I’d say there maybe a case to answer, but the Bengals..???

If they were filming the Ravens etc. I’d say there maybe a case to answer, but the Bengals..???

That's the thing that really makes it seem innocent. I'm sure other teams are checking to see if there were Patriots camera crews that were granted access for other games this year.

Isn't this how the original Spygate happened though, they initially thought it was a single game thing and it ended up being something crazy like they were doing it for 7 years?

It seems pretty weak to claim they didn't know the rules of where to film, surely the Patriot scout they were there with would have been very aware of what was or wasn't allowed and stopped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

A source from ESPN, who definitely haven't been guilty of misreporting stories about the Pats, and making midnight apologies when called out on it.

Spygate was the biggest nothing story in NFL history. A fine for recording from the wrong location, not for filming. Such a surprise that this ****e about the Bengals pips to after one of the worst officiated games in recent memory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

When Brady/Bill finish up, the weirdo conspiracy theorists and their infatuation with one team, will turn their ire elsewhere. The only benefit when it ends :D

A source from ESPN, who definitely haven't been guilty of misreporting stories about the Pats, and making midnight apologies when called out on it.

Spygate was the biggest nothing story in NFL history. A fine for recording from the wrong location, not for filming.

They broke the rules to illegally steal signals of opponents for 7 years. How is that a nothing story? If it was such a nothing story then why wouldn't the Patriots let the tapes leave their facility?
    Such a surprise that this ****e about the Bengals pips to after one of the worst officiated games in recent memory...

That is tin-foil hat stuff there, sure the NFL forced the Patriots to break rules again here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Spygate was the biggest nothing story in NFL history. A fine for recording from the wrong location, not for filming. Such a surprise that this ****e about the Bengals pips to after one of the worst officiated games in recent memory...
    Please don’t quote Foxtroll, I have him hidden for a reason. One of those creepy ones that has an axe to grind and won’t let it go.

• Advertisement

Advertisement