Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Summerslam 2018 *Spoilers*

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

PTH2009 wrote: »

Thanks Brock best of luck in the UFC and hopefully you come back some day

Brock can stay away, offer **** all these days and doesn't seem interested in actually making anyone a star.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They missed a trick with not having a cash in. Still tho they have lots of options for the next challenger. Lashley, Braun and Finn all could have claims as all have previously beaten Reigns clean.

Reigns winning was the right call but the ending was so flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I didnt watch but have seen the results and watched a couple of matches, a few points for me, they bring the demon balor back for Baron Corbin, what a waste, should have kept it for a better feud, Rhonda winning the title should have been kept til wrestlemania, i would have kept the miz and bryan apart until the rumble and finish it at mania, but with both on smackdown, that would have been hard to do.

I wondered on here a couple of months ago about what poor KO has done to get stuck with strowman, and im still wondering, where does he go from here.

Roman winning was the right call whether people like it or not, Styles v Joe should have been a lot better, just like Styles v Nakamura, but wwe is wwe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A very good ppv it must be said. I enjoyed it more than the nxt takeover brooklyn show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ricero wrote: »
    A very good ppv it must be said. I enjoyed it more than the nxt takeover brooklyn show.

Really? The ppv contained 3 squash matches, 2 DQ finished and a mess of a main event and you preferred it over NXT?

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Really? The ppv contained 3 squash matches, 2 DQ finished and a mess of a main event and you preferred it over NXT?

Yea i thought the matches were for thr most part solid abd good throughout the show and the storytelling was very good.

I wouldnt call the main event a mess compared to the ****e finish between those 2 vanilla midgets at nxt takeover brooklyn main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Squash matches are not always a bad thing and can make some booking sense. Finn brought back the demon gimmick and looked a star in beating a glorified jobber in Corbin. Ronda had to squash Alexa, a back and forth match would have been ugly and silly.

The only squash that was debatable was KO.

Not saying it was better than NXT..but squash matches as last night proved do make sense at times.

I wouldnt call the main event a mess compared to the ****e finish between those 2 vanilla midgets at nxt takeover brooklyn main event.

Vanilla midgets. Ah stop now you’re trolling. Ciampa the biggest heel in the business at the moment and Johnny Wrestling the best underdog babyface since Bryan.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Squash matches are not always a bad thing and can make some booking sense. Finn brought back the demon gimmick and looked a star in beating a glorified jobber in Corbin. Ronda had to squash Alexa, a back and forth match would have been ugly and silly.

The only squash that was debatable was KO.

Not saying it was better than NXT..but squash matches as last night proved do make sense at times.

Squash matches are certain good things to utilitize but not necessarily a good idea to have so many on the one card tho.

Nxt had a competitive card from start to finish and was more compelling viewing IMO.

Vanilla midgets. Ah stop now you’re trolling. Ciampa the biggest heel in the business at the moment and Johnny Wrestling the best underdog babyface since Bryan.

Guys are too small to ever main event in the big leagues. Johnny Wrestling is the aldi version of Daniel Bryan.

Anyway thought the Styles vs Joe match and ending was very good as was Becky losing it with Charlotte.
    Braun, Balor and Ronda all look strong with their squash wins.
    With the belt finally off Brock i see interesting times ahead for the A show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Necrominus wrote: »
    Does Brock not look as ripped as he used to? Perhaps he might be taking USADA seriously :cool:

Yup hes fully committed to UFC. Nice retirement cash in for him and DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,071 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Reigns finally wins, but it's far, far, far, far too late now. Idiots.

Keeping Braun out there to try and make sure it wasn't shít on was hilarious. Vince, if you have to fool the crowd into a cash-in possibility to stop them shítting all over it then you've fúcked up.

ah well. it's better for Roman to just be champion now. let him do his thing, and let him sink or swim. i'd love for him to talk very little and just beat people up, but Vince won't do that.

on a side note, Miz winning, even if it was a messy finish, but absolute bullsh Vince is just trying to fúcking hammer Bryan into the fúcking midcard. unbelievable. the only way this is redeemable is if it sets up a Wrestlemania rematch where Bryan obliterates him.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Guys are too small to ever main event in the big leagues. Johnny Wrestling is the aldi version of Daniel Bryan.

Anyway thought the Styles vs Joe match and ending was very good as was Becky losing it with Charlotte.
    Braun, Balor and Ronda all look strong with their squash wins.
    With the belt finally off Brock i see interesting times ahead for the A show.

Most people would say NXT is not exactly the small time, Ciampa & Johnny main eventing with 14000+ in attendance with a crowd actually reacting to matches and not beat down from 7 hours of mediocre stuff.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Reigns finally wins, but it's far, far, far, far too late now. Idiots.

Keeping Braun out there to try and make sure it wasn't shít on was hilarious. Vince, if you have to fool the crowd into a cash-in possibility to stop them shítting all over it then you've fúcked up.

ah well. it's better for Roman to just be champion now. let him do his thing, and let him sink or swim. i'd love for him to talk very little and just beat people up, but Vince won't do that.

on a side note, Miz winning, even if it was a messy finish, but absolute bullsh Vince is just trying to fúcking hammer Bryan into the fúcking midcard. unbelievable. the only way this is redeemable is if it sets up a Wrestlemania rematch where Bryan obliterates him.

Miz win makes far more sense and i was delighted that Vince didnt make the easy decision and give Bryan the win.

Make Miz the champion going into the next Wrestlemania and have Bryan chase him.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I enjoyed Summerslam, could easily have been poor.
    I missed the pre show but looks like nothing major happened.
    Good opener thought Ziggler would retain, but good match.
    Was not interested in the Balor match its amazing how the demon made it instantly 100% better.
    Becky match was good with the right outcome and great turn.
    Joe was so so good best line of the night is "Ill be your daddy now"
    and very clever to put Braun out there to avoid the crowd turning completely on the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lesnar wearing Braun out with the briefcase was funny as I have soured on Strowman a lot in 2018.
    This was also a laugh -

https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1031375874241613824?s=19

Miz win makes far more sense and i was delighted that Vince didnt make the easy decision and give Bryan the win.

Make Miz the champion going into the next Wrestlemania and have Bryan chase him.

1. the problem is that Vince will absolutely not give Miz the Championship until Wrestlemania.

2. Bryan has lost more than he's won since his return.

if Vince was going to have Bryan beat a lot of people, then have Miz beat a lot of people, and let them both fight in the end to be the best, then great. but no. we're likely just being left two losers who will trade wins, and nobody really ends up getting over.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ECookie13

Whats the meaning behind the beach balls in the crowd, or is there any?

Dont watch wrestling much anymore.

Just watched the introduction of Brock v Reigns again. Absolutely mind-blowing.

Firstly, they quite obviously turn down the boos as Roman came out.
    Then Corey tells us to 'listen to the roar of the crowd'.
    Then Michael Cole tells us that Roman will not get another shot at the Universal Title if he loses this match. How can they ask us to believe that with a straight face.
    Then Corey tells us that the 'Big Dog' has come to defend 'his yard'. That annoyed me. He's defending nothing. Brock is fúcking champion you gombeen.

WWE hates us and really thinks we're all fúcking dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just watched the introduction of Brock v Reigns again. Absolutely mind-blowing.

Firstly, they quite obviously turn down the boos as Roman came out.
    Then Corey tells us to 'listen to the roar of the crowd'.
    Then Michael Cole tells us that Roman will not get another shot at the Universal Title if he loses this match. How can they ask us to believe that with a straight face.
    Then Corey tells us that the 'Big Dog' has come to defend 'his yard'. That annoyed me. He's defending nothing. Brock is fúcking champion you gombeen.

WWE hates us and really thinks we're all fúcking dumb.

Sometimes I wonder if Cole actually believes the stuff he says/has to say about Reigns, I mean if you took Vince out of the equation, would it make any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if Cole actually believes the stuff he says/has to say about Reigns, I mean if you took Vince out of the equation, would it make any difference?

If you take vince out of the equation cole wouldnt say all thar stuff if u look at the uk tournament or beast of the east hes done.

The thing that really annoys me their push is they never fully commit on it. If your going to have him beat lesnar dont have it be a fluky win after brock beat up braun and he hits the spear.

Now braun looks like an idiot and roman only won cause brock was distracted

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

WWE really is so unintentionally hilarious right now. Becky Lynch turning heel to a massive pop because the crowd felt she was totally justified in her actions was tremednous. Great booking that the woman who had to beat everyone on the roster to get a title shot is the heel while the woman handed a title shot is the face.

Then the main event may have been even more hilarious than the finish to TakeOver Saturday night. Over three years of building to Reigns beating Lesnar and they do a distraction finish. Meanwhile a literal monster is taken out by an F5 and a few chair shots. And they wasted no time getting after the air after the 3 count, get out of there before the crowd realise they've been duped.

Finn Balor had to bring out the Demon to beat the Constable, and the Constable was very afraid of some face paint. Have to appreciate Jeff Hardy taking a crazy bump in a nothing mid card match, because he's not banged up enough already.

I did like Joe telling Styles that he wants to bang his wife, that was pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WTF was the Elias thing about same with the Orton thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    WTF was the Elias thing about same with the Orton thing

Was so strange i wonder if they had some planned and it fell through or more likely just trying to keep him not getting to sing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Why is everyone wearing facepaint these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lesnar loving the "You Both Suck" chants was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hehe. "Harper's got Woods!" :D

Great reaction for Becky. I'm sure booing was expected.

Wasn't a fan of the DQ finishes. At least the AJ DQ made some sense. Still feels cheap. Like why provoke AJ if a DQ doesn't get Joe the title.
    And both were Smackdown

Just noticed during the Miz/Bryan match, but were those cameras that were on the ring posts?
    Was a good match and decent ending that prolongs the feud. Was wondering how they would do it.

Strowman and Balor both looking dominant.

And Ronda then just being dominant as well. And the post match celebration was weird.

So Smackdown goes for DQs and Raw goes for beatdowns.

"Stubborn Cocky Champion who cares only about himself" for Brock. "Most polarising star" used again for Roman as well as "Rebellious Workhorse". Austin he ain't.
    And after 3 years of chasing he gets a minute to celebrate before going off air about 50+ minutes early, while Ronda got a long celebration.
    Can't wait for Lesnar to win it back in the rematch then Reigns going another 3 years of fighting him. It's what the fans want, clearly.

And I agree that Charlotte was very upfront. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/WWEColt/status/1031366539025506304?s=19

Jeff doing this as a man who is 41 next week & on a full time schedule baffles me, he brushed the ropes and all. Wonder what agent ok'd that spot as he should be given a kick in the hole by Vince for it.

Advertisement